JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke team up for NBC thriller 'Revolution'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Nora. Maybe would still be alive if Rachael wasn't such a *****. Hell, mabe Philly & ATL wouldn't have nukes headed their way. Great job Rachael.

I liked the scenes w/ Monroe & Miles. His betrayal was justified. His reason for never going through with it was touching. "We're still brothers." I hope to see a new Monroe next season. I guess this is where Darth Vader returns to the light side of the force.

While power was restored to the world. It seems to have started something else in mother nature. So the joy of having power again will be bittersweet. Not for folks in Philly & ATL though. They're dead.

lol @ Pres hiding out in Gitmo of all places.

Also, Aaron catches something that suggest the blackout was done on purpose. I thought Randall was behind it as a big f-u to the US government. But the final scenes cleared him. So who did it? Grace? Rachael? A scientist we haven't met yet? Ben? Not that would be a twist.

Nearly choked on my drink when I realised Kripke had brought the supernatural method of season recaps with him.

Like the twist with the prez being in gitmo.... Though it's a shame they haven't properly cast him yet.

****ing Rachel... She gets everyone killed.

I won't lie, I kinda raised my eyebrow at them killing off all the brown people who were on the good guys' team and just leaving Neville as an antagonist, but we'll see what this whole potus thing pans out with come fall.

Got damn, Randall. Dat finale... :eek:

I love Rachel, but I really can't wait to see her get whats coming to her. Her single-mindedness has lead to one of their friends dying and places getting nuked. Now her daughter hates her, the guy who supposedly loves her will want nothing to do with her and theres now a fight coming between the former US and the post-blackout nations.

I wish they would've revealed what really happened between Miles and Rachel, though...

Loved the final, I really like the changes to Monroe's character imo he is fast becoming one of the most interesting characters on tv. I wouldnt be surprised if he disapears for the first half of season 2 and shows up during the mid season final.

I won't lie, I kinda raised my eyebrow at them killing off all the brown people who were on the good guys' team and just leaving Neville as an antagonist, but we'll see what this whole potus thing pans out with come fall.
I'm sure that's what they were thinking when they wrote the scripts :dry:

Wait, why don't they just turn off the power again real quick? Wouldn't that make the nukes harmless?

True, they would/should fall right outta the sky.

Course, then when they try to turn it back on they might blow up the entire planet... what were those odds again?

Maybe it's irreversible?

Think Rachel said a billion to one
achance.gif

I'm pissed that they killed Nora off, she was one of the best characters on the show, at least she went out like a boss, taking out a whole corridor of enemies including Aaron from 24.

I'm sure they have written Rachel the way they do so that someone on the show is more irritating than Charlie, in fact she's completely unlikeable.

I thought Randall was going to give me and Sawyer the big moment we were hoping for..........then he shot himself.

As I suspected Tom and Monroe swapped places and the Miles and Monroe bromance is back on for next season.

The ending with the President was interesting, I think next season will delve into the fact the blackout was done on purpose and how it links to the President.

I'm pissed that they killed Nora off, she was one of the best characters on the show, at least she went out like a boss, taking out a whole corridor of enemies including Aaron from 24.
.... seriously? I mean, she had a nice backstory, but 95% of the time she was just Miles' chick/the "I like to blow **** up" girl.
I thought Randall was going to give me and Sawyer the big moment we were hoping for..........then he shot himself.

He gave us a bigger moment than I was anticipating, so I've got no complaints.

It does raise one small issue. Why wasn't this President's picture in the Tower next to George and Barrack?

Line of succession thing, maybe? Perhaps since the blackout, a certain number of people, from the actual POTUS on down, have gotten killed.

I got hope for season 2, I mean Supernatural didn't start to hit its stride until season 2, so I hope the same can go for Revolution. Loved the classic rock recap for the finale, hopefully Kripke carries that over to season.

.... seriously? I mean, she had a nice backstory, but 95% of the time she was just Miles' chick/the "I like to blow **** up" girl.

She was loyal and dedicated, didn't mope, wasn't irritating, wasn't a *****, was a badass and was far more interesting with Miles than the Ice queen.

He gave us a bigger moment than I was anticipating, so I've got no complaints.

Yeah but I would have liked to see him stick around as a more prominent big bad.

Loyal and dedicated =/= interesting character. Rachel may or may not be (but most likely is) an awful human being, but I think there's more story potential there. Plus, it's not like Miles really deserves good things anyway. :o

Every show of this type needs a character who is dependable, in it for the right reasons and able to take care of business while having personal relationships and a back story driven motivation, that was Nora. You just like Rachel because she's played by someone from LOST. :oldrazz:

As for Miles, he probably doesn't deserve good things but his arc is essentially the hero redemption arc and Nora offered some redemption, getting jiggy with a block of self serving ice is not much of a pay-off.

Every show of this type needs a character who is dependable, in it for the right reasons and able to take care of business while having personal relationships and a back story driven motivation, that was Nora. You just like Rachel because she's played by someone from LOST. :oldrazz:

As for Miles, he probably doesn't deserve good things but his arc is essentially the hero redemption arc and Nora offered some redemption, getting jiggy with a block of self serving ice is not much of a pay-off.

NO!!!! :argh:

Eh, probably. :o

Though, after watching how The Walking Dead has used it's female characters in the post-apocalypse (particularly Lori and Andrea), it's refreshing to see Rachel, who is straightforward and knows what she wants. Even if that is "Avenge my son, no matter who it hurts or the potential ramifications for the entire planet."

Last edited:

I'm sure they have written Rachel the way they do so that someone on the show is more irritating than Charlie, in fact she's completely unlikeable.

As I suspected Tom and Monroe swapped places and the Miles and Monroe bromance is back on for next season.

The ending with the President was interesting, I think next season will delve into the fact the blackout was done on purpose and how it links to the President.

Just got caught up on the final two episodes...I love this show!

I'm with you, Hunter...I loved me some Nora...I'm gonna miss her sexy self. I want to see Daniella Alonso in a superhero film. I don't know what character...I just know she plays the bad@$$ heroine very well.

I also agree that Rachel is completely loathsome. I absolutely despise that character. What a *****!

I like the curve of the POTUS being introduced into the series. The scope of everything has now changed. How will Miles, Monroe and Neville react? I can't wait until fall!

Speaking of which, I just read that NBC will be moving the show to Wednesdays at 8:00. Unless things change, that's head-to-head with Arrow! Good thing I work nights and rarely get to see either show live. I'll just have to watch them both on demand or online the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member