Bad Robot Optioning Stephen King's 11/22/63

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/j-j...tion-stephen-king-novel-112263-for-tv-series/
J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot To Option Stephen King Novel ’11/22/63′ For TV Series
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is in negotiations for the rights to Stephen King’s best-selling 2011 novel 11/22/63. The deal is being done through Warner Bros. TV where Bad Robot is under a deal. I hear the plan is to adapt the book as a TV series, likely for cable. 11/22/63 centers on Jake, an unassuming divorced English teacher who stumbles upon a time portal that leads to 9/9/1958 and goes on a quest to try and prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy which occurred on 11/22/1963. Bad Robot, which just received an early renewal for NBC’s Revolution earlier today, had been looking to expand its TV business to cable. In addition to Revolution, the company has CBS drama Person Of Interest also renewed for next season. The deal for 11/22/63 comes on the heels of CBS’ green light for a drama series based on King’s novel Under The Dome, which will air this summer.
Bad Robot handing a work of the King? Yes, please. :up:

Better as a series then a movie!

Isn't this already being made into a movie from the director of Silence of the Lambs? I know that was being set up around the time of the novels release.

It really would make a better show though.

Isn't this already being made into a movie from the director of Silence of the Lambs?

It was, but no longer.

Stephen King's 11/22/63 Loses Jonathan Demme
Source: The Playlist
December 6, 2012

Shortly before Stephen King's 11/22/63http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=81004 was published last year, The Silence of the Lambs' Jonathan Demme secured the rights to the tale to produce, write and direct a screen adaptation.

Now it appears Demme is no longer involved.

He told The Playlist recently that the project is "off the table" after he could not see eye to eye with King regarding what the film should be.

"This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We're friends, and I had a lot of fun working on the script, but we were too apart on what we felt should be and what be should be out of the script," he told the site.

In the novel...

Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students - a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning's father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.

Not much later, Jake's friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane - and insanely possible - mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jake's new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake's life - a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.

Should the screen adaptation attract new talent, we'll let you know, but for now consider 11/22/63 a project that's on ice.

I've heard great things about the book I may have to check it out.

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/j-j-abrams-smallscreen-influences-bigscreen-work-1200861520/
After all, having paired with another well-known spinner of yarns, Stephen King, they’re hoping to adapt the novelist’s “11/22/63” for the small, not big, screen.

“We’re working on it as a miniseries,” says Abrams, whose “Revolution” series regularly offers nods to King’s 1978 apocalyptic novel “The Stand.” “There have been plenty of King references in the projects I do. He’s someone we admire. He’s been incredibly kind about that show, and he’s someone who’s become a friend.”
Glad to hear it's still in the works. I wasn't sure.

I enjoyed the book, but I think it would be better as a miniseries than a show.

If this ends up being good, they better ****ing put it on DVD. I'm not subscribing to Hulu just for this.

If its good Ill check it out on dvd, but like you Im not throwing money at hulu. There is a special hell for Hulu and their perfect quality ads and crappy quality streaming.

I won't pay for this either. :( I have too many other pay channels as it is. Just disappointed FX or AMC didn't grab it. They have the best programming after HBO.

Sarah Gadon To Star In 11/22/63

Posted: April 7, 2015, 11:55:45
Section: Film » 11/22/63

http://deadline.com/2015/04/sarah-g...on-james-franco-hulu-stephen-king-1201405429/reports that Sarah Gadon will play Sadie in 11/22/63.

Sarah Gadon will star in 11/22/63, based on the 2011 bestseller from Stephen King about Jake Epping (Franco), an unassuming divorced English teacher who stumbles upon a time portal that leads to 9/9/1958 and goes on a quest to try and prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy. But his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, his falling in love and a past that doesn’t want to be changed. Gadon plays the statuesque, smart and outspoken Sadie, a librarian at the Texas school Jake works at.

Kevin Macdonald (The Last King Of Scotland) is directing the first two hours of the miniseres, with JJ Abrams and Bad Robot producing. Bridget Carpenter (The Red Road) has adapted the novel.

yeah but in the book Sadie is tall this girl is 5'3 hope she wears a lot of heels

I wonder if they'll have the side characters from his other book pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"