Bangledesh Protests

Legendver2

Superhero
Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted, but I'm sure some of you guys have heard about he situation at Bangladesh the past few days. Here's a rundown from a link I got on reddit today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/C8l10Pw

For those taht don't wanna read through a bunch of screenshot convos:

(From reddit) On the 29th of July, two bus drivers were racing to pick up passengers and killed two students who were waiting for a bus. Since then, high school and college students took to the streets and have been protesting peacefully against dangerous road conditions (i.e. no driving and traffic regulations and poor enforcement). They took it upon themselves to manage traffic (creating emergency lanes; arranging them according to vehicle size) and checking licenses of every passing vehicle (including police vehicles) on major roads.

This protest was entirely peaceful, wholesome and supported by most citizens. The government’s reaction to this was to send out student political parties to also don school uniforms and partake in the demonstrations. These “students” infiltrated the protests and initiated violence both on the students and public property, followed by law enforcement doing the same: opening fire and using anti-riot equipment such as tear gas, aimed at protesters who were 13-20 years old.

The government has also shut down mobile data in the country and slowed down internet speeds. They have been arresting and detaining people for posting things online that implied dissent, and multiple journalists have been attacked, detained and had their recording equipment seized and destroyed. The media was made to withdraw many of their previous statements and say their sources were wrong, and some hospitals are being pressured into turning away students who were injured at the protests.

Today, Bangladesh is a battleground. These "student politicians" have turned the streets into a hunting ground, chasing down these peaceful protesters and brutalizing them. They're literally hunting anyone that looks like a student and murdering and mauling in the most inhuman ways... And these monsters are supported by the government. Law enforcement and these thugs (who are all armed beyond their pay grade) have murdered multiple people already, committed other crimes like rape and also attacking those trying to help the children.

I'm not seeing anything reported on this on the big new sites, I'm presuming due to the media blackout. And supposedly posts are getting taken down from Facebook as well? I made a post on my FB, let's see if that happens. Please use this place to discuss and help spread awareness of this situation.

Don't like the facts that are being reported? Decry them as fake news. Obviously it works because more than enough people are willing to believe a lie even when the truth is obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"