Barbie: The Movie

a587fcb0298f62c284fdf73a73a480cd6a4bd3b5.gifv

It had funny moments, I did like the 2001 parody at the beginning. On the other hand, the hypocrisy was pretty annoying. The message was definitely heavy handed. I still have to roll my eyes at Ben Shapiro burning Barbie dolls and calling it the worst movie he’s ever seen.

Getting towards $1.4B, shouldn't be much longer.

This weekend took it over!

Barbie - Box Office Mojo

DOMESTIC (44.2%)
$620,476,857
INTERNATIONAL (55.8%)
$782,200,000
WORLDWIDE
$1,402,676,857

Does anybody know why they aren't releasing this movie on DVD and Blu-Ray until the end of next February? Seems an odd choice to me since they'll completely miss the Christmas gift season.

Does anybody know why they aren't releasing this movie on DVD and Blu-Ray until the end of next February? Seems an odd choice to me since they'll completely miss the Christmas gift season.
Blu-ray.com is listing it as February 29, which is a Thursday. I don't think that's accurate until we get an official confirmation since Blu-rays almost always release on Tuesdays, or Fridays occasionally but that hasn't happened in a while. I know that in some cases for recent billion dollar hits like Top Gun: Maverick and Avatar 2 the window between theatrical and physical media release was stretched out longer than usual and I wouldn't be too surprised to see the same thing happen here but I highly doubt they wait until after Christmas to put the Blu-ray out.

I still haven't seen this but plan to soon. Trying to decide on bargain day at the theater for $8 or rent on demande for *gulp* $25

I still haven't seen this but plan to soon. Trying to decide on bargain day at the theater for $8 or rent on demande for *gulp* $25
Just wait it out a bit longer, it should drop to $6.99 for on demand soon.

I've never paid the full on demand price. I figure if I wasn't interested enough to see something in the theater I can wait until the on demand price is low, or just wait until it is free on one of the streaming services.

I just watched this. And… I was somewhat underwhelmed. Now, it could be that my reaction was based more on the tremendous hype and accolades surrounding the movie — rather than the movie itself. But in any case, I was expecting Barbie to be funnier, cleverer and more subversive. Not so much, unfortunately. Some comparisons have been made to Pee-wee’s Big Adventure. And I get that. However, IMO, Pee-Wee did it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"