The Dark Knight Batcycle

Extensively. A plank of wood hidden in the bushes. Maybe not that basic but I can't see a motorised drawbridge in Batman's future

Actually, I suggested that a while back -- a telescoping ramp hidden behind the waterfall, right at the bottom. Batman could hit a switch (or it could read a specific radio signal from the car or bike), and it would extend out of the cave, across the chasm. He drives across, and as he enters the cave, it retracts. Inside, there's a turntable, and the process is reversed.

Excellent security this way -- the only way you're going to find the entrance is if you do a hike down into a canyon, then do a technical climb up a wet rock face.

-- Admiral Nelson

Actually, I suggested that a while back -- a telescoping ramp hidden behind the waterfall, right at the bottom. Batman could hit a switch (or it could read a specific radio signal from the car or bike), and it would extend out of the cave, across the chasm. He drives across, and as he enters the cave, it retracts. Inside, there's a turntable, and the process is reversed.

Excellent security this way -- the only way you're going to find the entrance is if you do a hike down into a canyon, then do a technical climb up a wet rock face.

-- Admiral Nelson

To put my serious hat on for second, some kind of old fashioned drawbridge that falls down like this |/_ I'd quite like. Nothing too elaborate for me. I did feel Nolan slightly blew it by having him escape the cops and 10 seconds later be in the cave, but that's more down to editing and the need for tension than anything else.

To put my serious hat on for second, some kind of old fashioned drawbridge that falls down like this |/_ I'd quite like. Nothing too elaborate for me. I did feel Nolan slightly blew it by having him escape the cops and 10 seconds later be in the cave, but that's more down to editing and the need for tension than anything else.
You have a serious hat?

Apparently, a casual hat and complacent hat to go with it. Probably a "that drunk guy" hat too .

GarrettW posted this in the non-spoiler fourm, but its from the July issue of Blender Magazine.
batpodlq4.jpg

So from reading that the top launchers have grapple hooks, can it now be assumed pretty assuringly that the Batpod uses these to tip the Joker's truck over? It does explain a lot of why we saw "high tensile cords" in the picture of the Joker infront of the tipped truck. But my question now is, how exactly is that going to work?

hmmm..
1. attach the hooks to front of the truck, and then follow the truck from behind so the lines are dragging back underneath its trailer and still connected to front of the bike
2. detonate an explosive under the very back end of the truck, pushing it upwards
3. yank the lines backwards, pulling the front of the truck underneath it's back. Or maybe just stop the bike short very suddenly so the momentum of the truck has nowhere to go but forward and over. you see what I mean?

best I can think of at least....

hmmm..
1. attach the hooks to front of the truck, and then follow the truck from behind so the lines are dragging back underneath its trailer and still connected to front of the bike
2. detonate an explosive under the very back end of the truck, pushing it upwards
3. yank the lines backwards, pulling the front of the truck underneath it's back. Or maybe just stop the bike short very suddenly so the momentum of the truck has nowhere to go but forward and over. you see what I mean?

best I can think of at least....
A bike will pull a truck? Seriously?

yeah I guess not. so the bike might brake and skid for a while but the point is if you halt the front of the truck at the same time the backend goes upwards then the forward momentum will take it over the top. the bike might also be able to anchor itself to the stop, who knows. it doesn't have to actually pull the truck backwards, just pull the lines enough to make then halt the front a little

3. We’ve heard that Bats gets both the Batpod and the new suit after his first suit is “damaged by water.” Rumors were that the Tumbler “gets knocked into water” or something like that.

I remember watching in some behind the scenes a shot of an armored car breaking thru and going into the river, maybe the Tumbler follows? I'll try and find the video...

HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY ****........... The Batpod is freaking wicked .

I love that badass cycle .

9...I didn't totally believe the ejection thing...but it made for an awesome scene.

I wonder if the Batpod was designed to come out of the Tumbler when they did Begins.

It turned on a wall. Nuff said.

it was awesome how it comprised of the two front wheels and the left wheel popped back to form the back wheel of the batpod

it was awesome how it comprised of the two front wheels and the left wheel popped back to form the back wheel of the batpod
I loved the whole concept of having the batpod being a section of the tumbler. I thought it so cool how Batman used the tumbler to block some of Joker's projectiles from the bazooka, although I was a little sad to see the tumbler get distroyed within a 2-movie time span. I didn't think for a second that that was how it was going to be introduced and how it fit into the storyline.

Very few places mention the fact that the front wheel spins around for power-slide braking. I'm sure that was done with CG, but it looked so real, original, and badass.

I was hoping the batpod would jump out like a 5 story tall window, like in the poster

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"