Batcycle

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by ihavecomputer, May 29, 2007.

?

Rate the Batcycle

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MacLeod Registered

I agree, it is frustrating to talk to people when they just don't get it or jump to the wrong conclusion. The wall is talking back now. I hate to say it was your mistake but it was never my intention to say they didn't design it with a bat motif it's just that I don't see it clearly and don't like it. Your insinuation is that I am stating things that I dont' know anything about where in fact I do and just wanted to express my opinion of such material with those that wanted to read it. I don't feel it's necessary to say my opinion over and over again especically since my last post stated that it was designed to be a bat motif I just don't like it. By saying something in this thread means I know what I'm talking about in reference to information, as I thought we all do, so I just jump to what I see, feel, and think. By saying my statements I would hope that everyone already would know that a Batman fan knew the facts and just wanted to praise them or gripe about them. So, without beating an already dead horse yet again, technically all we are discussing here is my opinion of the car because I knew very clearly what Nolan and team were thinking and tried to do. By saying the third film should have a more bat-ified vehicle does represent my distaste for the previous vehicles eventhough I knew the intention of the film makers.

2. MacLeod Registered

Is there a chance to, oh I don't know, discuss the batcycle compared to trying to discuss something that not only has been overdone but is going in circles because the parties are too caught up on proving their points rather than reading things the way they are supposed to be.

3. Saint Registered

Then I misread you. Apologies.

4. TwilightPro101 ........

Looking forward to this addition to the series.

5. MacLeod Registered

Good ideas.

6. MacLeod Registered

More than accepted. Thank you and happy posting.

7. sasquatchs Registered

Christ you take this a bit seriously, its called a joke when you say someone's opinion is wrong

8. Batty Belfry Just some nut...

I love it. As usual, you are the voice of good ol' fashioned common sense. :up:

I never bought the idea of the batpod physically emerging from the Tumbler, as it sounds too much like the BR Batmissile...ugh....

9. sasquatchs Registered

The niggle is that the batpod has been seen down on Lower Wacker, although not sure if it's been involved in a shot yet

10. Batty Belfry Just some nut...

Yeah, I forgot about that....It's a mystery trapped in a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, and suffering from ADD.

11. sasquatchs Registered

I can't see Nolan going all Transformers on us, it would be cheating to do that now. Maybe they were just testing it, its a really long car-free straight they've got there. On the other hand the stuntguy was apparently in a Batman costume

12. Silver Souper Registered

all improbable ideas. From my sources on the set, the tumbler pursues the joker down an innertube ride at a waterslide park. unfortunately, batman didn't consider the ride's finale, and the tumbler is soon waterlogged in the splash-down pool. And batman's threads are moist and uncomfortable. Then comes the new suit and batpod.

Oh and the joker escapes through a concession stand, and steals a warm corndog to nibble on as he leaves. :ninja:

13. Bnightwing Registered

I wish the tumbler/batpod worked with voice activation like the 89 batmobile i always thought that was cool

14. sasquatchs Registered

But one step further, the sexy computer voice talks back to him. Then Joker tapes over it with his own voice. (J/K)

15. Fresh Tendrils I believe in Sammy Jankis

KITT.

16. Silver Souper Registered

plus the joker's semi lowers the back gate in mid-drive and the tumbler drives up into the semi.

"welcome batman. rough day?"

17. MacLeod Registered

Ok, one, a joke is, "Why did the Tumbler cross the road? To see what a real Batmobile looks like." Putting down someones opinion is actually taking a stab at their way of being. Sorry if I don't see someone telling me I'm flat out wrong when I'm not as a joke. It's a little hard to digest. I'll accept a difference of opinions, I'll accept jokes, but there is no need to tell someone they are wrong, that is just uncivilized.

Two, Saint and I are good now, at least I think and hope so. No need to bring back something that has already been put to bed. All is well in the world. Your post has nothing to do with Batman so I implore all others to just get back to the Batcycle thread.

18. sasquatchs Registered

I was replying to his reply to itsthebatman, but n/m.

A female computer voiced car was not something I expected from Nolan, Bond maybe

19. MacLeod Registered

My apologies. I've been defending my thoughts all day and I guess I got caught up in it. I can see that probablyl had nothing to do with me. I thought I was reading a response to my post. Truly sorry.

20. AdmNelson Registered

That's not a problem necessarily. Films are shot out of sequence. Let's say that the Joker's reign of terror/chase sequence with his vehicles starts one night (when the Tumbler is destroyed.) That's #1.

Batman gets his new suit and Batcycle up and running, say, a week or so later, back at the Batcave, while all hell is breaking loose in Gotham. That's #2.

The Joker does something else bad, and we have a second chase scene through the streets of Gotham -- but this time, Bats pursues him on the cycle (sequence #3.

You'd shoot sequences 1 and 3, above, at the same time, in generally the same locations, while you have the required actors and FX guys on hand to handle the logistics. Sequence 2 (interiors) might be shot back on the soundstages in England before or after the Chicago stuff.

So, just because the cycle is around at the same time as the Tumbler FILMING doesn't necessarily mean you'll see it immediately thereafter in the actual movie; it could be appearing on the streets (in the film) at an appreciably later time. (Just a guess; I could be totally wrong.)

-- Admiral Nelson

21. 1981 guy with coffee

Has anyone thought of how the Batpod would make it into the Batcave? I know that the Batcave probably won't be in the movie with Wayne living in the city, but if the Batpod is kept for a next movie.

22. sasquatchs Registered

Extensively. A plank of wood hidden in the bushes. Maybe not that basic but I can't see a motorised drawbridge in Batman's future

23. 1981 guy with coffee

I was thinking that the bike transforms into some kind of glider which can then transform into a talking robot which can then tranform into a drawbridge. So, yes... I partially agree with you on this one.

24. sasquatchs Registered

Too realistic, this isn't Ken Loach we're talking about

25. 1981 guy with coffee

Jon Peters maybe?