Batman and the Monster Men

the last issue was alright. Maybe i should read all the issues straight through this time, becuase issue 6 was just "eh" in terms of an ending when i read it.

The Batman said:
what happens in ish six?

Hugo Strange's men attack the Roman's place where Maroni and his men are,and are about to shoot Julie's dad.They slay a bunch of Maroni's men before Batman shows up.

Batman traps one of them in a net from the Batmobile.However some of Maroni's men use the opportunity to kill it by shooting it to death.

Hugo Strange's indian assistant goes crazy when he sees this,and starts shooting them all,but one of the men shoots him in the head,then Hugo Strange kills the guy who shot his assistant.

Meanwhile inside the mansion,Maroni makes his way to the roof where there's a helicopter pad.Batman takes down two more of the monster men,then he finds Julie's dad,who freaks out when Batman addresses him by his first name.

On the roof Maroni and his last surviving henchman realise neither of them can fly a helicopter.Suddenly a monster man appears on the roof and kills Maroni's henchman.Maroni is about to shoot at the monster when Batman shows up and pumps it full of tranquiliser.
It only dazes the monster,which charges at Batman,crashing into the helicopter,and both go flying over the roof where they explode into flame below.

Maroni then pulls a gun on Batman from behind him,but Batman easily disarms him,and tells Maroni that Julie's dad is off the hook with whatever debt he owes Maroni.Maroni agrees.

Downstairs,Julie's dad is freaking out that Batman knows him,and thinks Batman knows about his dealings with Maroni,that's how he knows his name.He begins to run from the mansion,when he bumps into Hugo Strange outside.Strange thinks he's one of Maroni's men come to get him,and kicks him down and then flees.

Bruce goes to see Julie in hospital and tells her everything is ok.He's going to help her dad pay off his debts.Julie is delighted and they leave the hospital to go and see her dad.

On the way they see a television show with Hugo Strange on it,giving his expert psychological opinion on the Batman.He says Batman is crazy and dangerous and is not to be trusted.Bruce is angry that he does not have enough evidence to take Strange down.

We then see Julie's Dad watching this same TV show,and is now more frightened than ever of Batman.

Super-dee-duper bump :o

I just got the TPB yesterday. Having never read any of it, save for a few bits and pieces, I was pleasantly surprised. As many have said, there's a definite TAS vibe, as well as a BB one.

Oh, and the Batmobile kicks ash

Officially, $14.99. But you know you can get it on amazon or whatever for about 10.

CConn said:
Officially, $14.99. But you know you can get it on amazon or whatever for about 10.
It's listed as 12.95 on the back of my copy :confused:

Huh, DC's website says 15. :huh:

Those are all good prices, and well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"