Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me this skin please. :o

tumblr_nqkq3ecmFg1r6z7tvo1_500.gif

I don't understand the hostility towards wanting to get a Forever skin if they made it. How many people wanted the anime skin or half of the skins they released for AO? I don't see why people have to be told they would be wasting their time by getting something they actually want.

Code:
I want the Batman and Robin movie skins because they'd be funny. Because humor.:o

One thing about this game though, scarecrow had a fantastic look and Noble did an excellent job with him. Just a shame they couldn't of done more with him overall.

9voAbZk.png

Spidey 2 sure has it in for AO, It confuses me endlessly how much he has a problem with AO's story and Joker while giving the Rocksteady games a huge pass!

I love AO over all but the story keept it from being better then city. Knight is my 3erd favorite game but that was because of lack of boss fights and no challenge maps. The game is getting some AR challenge maps in the season pass but they should have been in the game from day 1. Knight had the best story and both knight and city stories are much better then AO. AO= City only a much worse story. AA to AC was a big jump game had a lot of improvements and new things. AO was more of the same of AC but bad story.

AC arguably has the worst story, the only competition for it is Arkham Knight.

I love AO over all but the story keept it from being better then city. Knight is my 3erd favorite game but that was because of lack of boss fights and no challenge maps. The game is getting some AR challenge maps in the season pass but they should have been in the game from day 1. Knight had the best story and both knight and city stories are much better then AO. AO= City only a much worse story. AA to AC was a big jump game had a lot of improvements and new things. AO was more of the same of AC but bad story.

Did you just say that AC had a better story then AO?

782.0.jpg

Well, the Joker/Black Mask twist was obvious from the start but the Arkham Knight twist was absolutely shocking. No one saw it coming. :o

Didn't say that the arkham knight twist was not predictable how ever I didn't really have a idea in till it showed the part of robin being treated bad by joker but that was like 50-60% of the way threw the story. Joker/black mask on the other hand I knew like a hour in to the game and it made way less sinces the the arkham knight twist. Also out side of the arkham knight twist the game surprised me over and over again where with origins like nothing surprised me out side of bane finding out who batman was and that was the best part of AO.

Did you just say that AC had a better story then AO?

782.0.jpg

Yes stories I would go like this.

1. Knight
2. City
3. Origins
4. Aslyum

All around I would rank the arkham games like this though.

1. City
2. Origins
3. Knight
4. Aslyum

If knight can get some real boss fights in the season of infamny thing then knight may jump up to number 2.

I also enjoyed Arkham City's story over Asylum and Origins. Haven't played Knight yet so I can't really say it's the best of the series.

How long do you guys think the season of infamny will be? Will it just be a story where batman gets called in to stop what is going on and there are like 5-6 villians there he fights them and then it is over 20 minutes lol.

I also enjoyed Arkham City's story over Asylum and Origins. Haven't played Knight yet so I can't really say it's the best of the series.

Yes finally lol. Are you going to get knight?

And what's wrong with that? Why did people want a Adam West skin?

Really? Seriously? :funny: Because Adam West Batman and that show are a classic and beloved. Batman and Robin the movie is considered a joke, not a classic, not beloved. Regarded as one of the worst comic book films/regular films ever haha. I feel like this should be obvious.

Yes stories I would go like this.

1. Knight
2. City
3. Origins
4. Aslyum

All around I would rank the arkham games like this though.

1. City
2. Origins
3. Knight
4. Aslyum

If knight can get some real boss fights in the season of infamny thing then knight may jump up to number 2.

Wow that ranking of stories haha

About things like batman and robin and such I wouldn't mind having the batmobil from ever movie. I forget if it is batman forever or what but I like the blue weels and I like ever batmobile in the movies at least some what. The tumbler is my favorite batmobile ever though so I am just glad we got that one.

AO Joker was the best Joker.
Agreed. It's funny too, considering the concern about Hamill and Conroy not voicing the characters.
How long do you guys think the season of infamny will be? Will it just be a story where batman gets called in to stop what is going on and there are like 5-6 villians there he fights them and then it is over 20 minutes lol.
From what I understand it'll be like the most wanted selection wheel.

Yes finally lol. Are you going to get knight?

Yeah, for sure man. I'm actually a huge huge fan of this series so it's killing me that I haven't been able to play it yet. I'll have to buy it for myself for my birthday at the end of the month or for Christmas. Can't wait to get it on here after I play it and fully give my thoughts on it and compare to the rest in the series.

Really? Seriously? :funny: Because Adam West Batman and that show are a classic and beloved. Batman and Robin the movie is considered a joke, not a classic, not beloved. Regarded as one of the worst comic book films/regular films ever haha. I feel like this should be obvious.

The Adam West costume is silly and ridiculous, especially when you put it in the dark, gritty world of the Arkhamverse. That's why it was so awesome to use in the game.

You can put the Batman & Robin suit in for the same reasons, bat-nipples included. And you can put the Forever skin in there too, without the nipples because it is actually a good looking suit.

Agreed. It's funny too, considering the concern about Hamill and Conroy not voicing the characters.

Conroy not voicing Batman is the biggest positive of AO's Batman.

*ducks for cover*

I've been reading over the past few pages and noticed I managed to miss all the great AO discussion. Darn.

Still, my sincere thanks to The Joker for quoting and complimenting me in his argument. Oddly means a lot.

I'm kind of personally baffled as to how someone could think Knight has a great plot. Getting away from how the militia invasion casts a shroud of banality over the atmosphere, the entire story basically hinges upon the twist. As with AC, there is a fine concept here of Scarecrow trying to create a nightmare scape of fear over the Eastern Seaboard in alliance with a mysterious newcomer - less juicy than Escape From New York crossed with Batman, but fine nevertheless - but this is largely thrown away in favour of history's most predictable twist.

A good twist changes the narrative, and moreover adds meaning to it. It is unexpected, but could also be predicted, and after the twist is laid down there is an exploration of its consequences.

The Jason Todd twist examined through this framework:
- Unexpected: No, it is incredibly predictable, made worse by having to ham-handedly first confirm that Jason exists, then bring him forth.
- Changes the Narrative: No again. Nothing is done with Jason Todd as a character once he is revealed. Nothing. He comes back without dialogue for three seconds to help Batman, then nothing. In fact, as I was discussing with a friend, the name of Jason Todd is never even brought up past the twist - not Barbara nor Alfred nor Robin nor Nightwing have anything to say about this revelation. It is the ultimate symbol of how Rocksteady saw him as a character: for a dramatic unmasking, and nothing more.
- Adds Meaning: No. It is pretty impossible to in fact - we never know what Jason was even like as a character before he was tortured, hence his vague dialogue that amounts to little more than edgy teenage trash talk without the bite. Someone suggested once here that one of the Robin missions should have had a Scarecrow nightmare sections, and Batman would see Tim as Jason, and we could get both some great sequences and characterisation there. But alas, it was not to be. All that matters is the twist (and lack thereof).
- Exploration of Consequences: None. As mentioned above, Jason is not even namechecked afterward. The story moves to another tank battle followed by Scarecrow finally getting a good scene, which then devolves into a non-gaming cutscene for about twenty minutes.
- Predictable: Yes. It's about the only part the game does right, and it still manages to do wrong. Rocksteady seems to think a character must be shocked in order for the audience to be shocked. As such, Batman in any of their games cannot discover the twist, thus making him look a poor detective. Compare Heart of Ice, wherein the shock of Mr. Freeze's origin is discovered by Batman in his detective work, or even Origins, where Batman is shocked, but at least in scenes like with the Apartment we see him get closer and closer to the truth.

From what I understand it'll be like the most wanted selection wheel.

For what its worth I almost didn't even notice a difference in the voice of joker in AO. He sounds almost like Hamill just a little different. While if it is like that the season of infamny may not be to bad because some of those side missions where sold and some of them where more then like 20 minutes to beat lol. I thought the side mission with the killer was really cool.

I wonder exactly when Season of Infamy takes place, I also really hope there are boss fights(non vehicular)in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"