Batman: Arkham Knight

This time i have a bit of an excuse for letting myself get hyped just to be extremely dissapointed.
They posted the teaser this close to sonys state of play and the batman games always had a exclusive deal with Sony.
So assuming that something would happen, isnt completely crazy...not like jumping onto every alleged leak before every gaming event.

But still, sad to see that it wasnt something.
So the teaser was meant for Batman day and just coincidentally was this close to the state of play stream(which was either way pretty bad...they left us with nothing for 4-5 months, just to have this little to show? Oh sony).

On the plus side, we know they work definitly at something batman related that they prepare to promote "soon"
They posted the symbols on batman day with a hashtag that is unmistakenly batman related.
So they are close, development is at a late stage...how late we cant say.
Maybe April or May could be release, who knows.
We know something is there, as we speak, they work on a batman related game(Lucky bastards X()

The wait game continues, but this time we at least know a project is close to being finished.

This time i have a bit of an excuse for letting myself get hyped just to be extremely dissapointed.
They posted the teaser this close to sonys state of play and the batman games always had a exclusive deal with Sony.
So assuming that something would happen, isnt completely crazy...not like jumping onto every alleged leak before every gaming event.

But still, sad to see that it wasnt something.
So the teaser was meant for Batman day and just coincidentally was this close to the state of play stream(which was either way pretty bad...they left us with nothing for 4-5 months, just to have this little to show? Oh sony).

On the plus side, we know they work definitly at something batman related that they prepare to promote "soon"
They posted the symbols on batman day with a hashtag that is unmistakenly batman related.
So they are close, development is at a late stage...how late we cant say.
Maybe April or May could be release, who knows.
We know something is there, as we speak, they work on a batman related game(Lucky bastards X()

The wait game continues, but this time we at least know a project is close to being finished.
Maybe we will get a reveal at the game awards in December.

Honestly this is getting stupid now. They've been teasing a new Batman game for what two years now?

I can’t believe it’s already been 6 years since Origins came out.

Makes you wonder what the studio has been up to during that time

Arkham Knight DLC, canned Suicide Squad game, canned Arkham game with Damian Wayne as Batman. They actually haven't had as much time on the upcoming project as people think. They started work in 2017.

When it comes to WB Montreal, To expect any outcome other than nothing would be to set yourself up for disappointment

why tease that crap if you don’t plan on dropping something within a day or two? I am confused

Exactly, a marketing campaign builds up to something. Even if they were not planning on dropping a trailer or an announcement, they still could have released some additional teases. Instead the last day yielded a whole lot of nothing. I wonder if its because of Scott Snyder's Tweet?

I mean in the grand scheme of things it's not really important, but I guess I assumed that they wouldn't start dropping teases unless they were very close to an announcement. If they end up holding off until the VGA's in December, then this was stunningly premature.

Arkham Knight DLC, canned Suicide Squad game, canned Arkham game with Damian Wayne as Batman. They actually haven't had as much time on the upcoming project as people think. They started work in 2017.

Yeah they were quite busy since Origins...but i do think they were ready and prepared.
They worked on two games that were allegedly taking place in a large gotham city, so they were working on that already.
But yeah, if you think about it then they dont work on this game now for as long as it might seem.

Exactly, a marketing campaign builds up to something. Even if they were not planning on dropping a trailer or an announcement, they still could have released some additional teases. Instead the last day yielded a whole lot of nothing. I wonder if its because of Scott Snyder's Tweet?

I wouldnt take the scott snyder tweet as more than it was, thats a afterthought to me personally.
We have no clue if he has any knowledge or if he talked or worked with WBM, his tweet could mean something or not...its hard to say.

I mean in the grand scheme of things it's not really important, but I guess I assumed that they wouldn't start dropping teases unless they were very close to an announcement. If they end up holding off until the VGA's in December, then this was stunningly premature.

I dont know, as a little tease for batman day i think its fine even if they reveal the game in December...special circumstances and all.
But yeah, its not a great idea imo to put out a teaser for something you fully reveal a few months later.
Its a bit different if you put out a teaser and then say a date for the reveal...but like this? A symbol and a hashtag that should keep us excited for the next 4-5 months or longer? Not really the best idea.

Yeah, it's really hard to judge, since it was Batman Day.

But how knows, maybe more will be released soon?

Weren't all the past games announced with Gameinformer covers? Maybe we'll get something with the November or December issues.

Weren't all the past games announced with Gameinformer covers? Maybe we'll get something with the November or December issues.

Thats my thought too, just 30 seconds ago i was checking out the gameinformer site to see if they have the cover for october already...its ghost recon.

I cant see them reveal the game out of the blue, so i think either one of the last gaming events or the november or december issue of Gameinformer.
That is my guess, but who knows...maybe this will be a late 2020 release so seeing it at E3 earliest could also be possible.
We have no idea...and it annoys the hell out of me more than ever because we know they are in a later stage of development...i want to see what they work on.:argh::D

Things I would love to see in this Batman game

A better use of the open world: Day/Night cycles with the day focused on playing as Bruce Wayne to solve mysteries and further the plot along along with the Batman stuff at night. Put as many people in the city as possible (no more mass evacuations), it just ups the stakes when there are civilians in danger on the streets instead of just criminals. A longer scope to the timeline of the story, one that takes months or a year for Batman to solve instead of doing everything in one night (a mystery plot would allow for this and put focus on the detective aspect of the character).

More focus on customization and grafting: What if instead of just picking from a random assortment of downloaded skins we actually got to craft our own Batsuit? What if we could decide what gadgets we put in our utility belt?

Gameplay and design tweaks:

Instead of seeing a Riddler Informant on the streets and having to fight him and all his friends before I get to interrogate him, what if I could grab him and take him to a roof top to "chat" with him? A grab button for combat and predator sections to isolate individual thugs would be great (like grabbing a thug during a predator section and then grappling to the gargoyle so I can string him up there, instead of just perching myself onto the gargoyle and hoping he walks under it).

If we get Arkham Knight style side quests where we have to track down kidnapped firemen or look for dead bodies I hope they are designed in a way that allows us to be more proactive and more precise and detective-ish in looking for the next clue or location to further the quest. Just gliding around the city and looking aimlessly and hoping to run into the thing isn't very Batman-like to me. If Batman is searching for people or locations he does detective work. He interrogates people who might know. He pieces together clues in the batcave. He tries to narrow things down before he has to go out. He doesn't just explore aimlessly hoping to find ****.

A better use of the open world: Day/Night cycles with the day focused on playing as Bruce Wayne to solve mysteries and further the plot along along with the Batman stuff at night. Put as many people in the city as possible (no more mass evacuations), it just ups the stakes when there are civilians in danger on the streets instead of just criminals. A longer scope to the timeline of the story, one that takes months or a year for Batman to solve instead of doing everything in one night (a mystery plot would allow for this and put focus on the detective aspect of the character).

More focus on customization and grafting: What if instead of just picking from a random assortment of downloaded skins we actually got to craft our own Batsuit? What if we could decide what gadgets we put in our utility belt?

Instead of seeing a Riddler Informant on the streets and having to fight him and all his friends before I get to interrogate him, what if I could grab him and take him to a roof top to "chat" with him? A grab button for combat and predator sections to isolate individual thugs would be great (like grabbing a thug during a predator section and then grappling to the gargoyle so I can string him up there, instead of just perching myself onto the gargoyle and hoping he walks under it).

If we get Arkham Knight style side quests where we have to track down kidnapped firemen or look for dead bodies I hope they are designed in a way that allows us to be more proactive and more precise and detective-ish in looking for the next clue or location to further the quest. Just gliding around the city and looking aimlessly and hoping to run into the thing isn't very Batman-like to me. If Batman is searching for people or locations he does detective work. He interrogates people who might know. He pieces together clues in the batcave. He tries to narrow things down before he has to go out. He doesn't just explore aimlessly hoping to find ****.
Everything about this!

This sounds great.

Making a custom batsuit would be goddamn incredible. There's so many template options for the cowl, emblem, cape, boots, gloves, belt.

sigh.......another Batman game. and still no Superman game in sight. :(

IF we do get another Batman game, I would really love to play in the open world as the other Bat-family characters (Nightwing, Cassandra Cain Batgirl, etc.).

So, the chances of a reveal this year are slim but still possible looking at what is left this year.
If i havent forgotten then we have 3 "big" chances if they go with revealing the game at special occurrences.

New York Comic Con is on october 3 if i remember right, 2 gameinformer covers and the VGAs or so...i dont know which is this last "bigger" game event VGA,VGX or so.

Its hard to say if a reveal happens this year, i would assume since next year will all be about the next generation...and we know they work on a current gen game.
The job hiring at wbm talks about looking for someone for a current gen project so it happens in the next year.

Arkham City was actually announced in the December Asylum released, at the VGAs. It was a complete surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"