Batman: Arkham Knight

Sadly its only available right now on PC through Epic games. PlayStation and Xbox gamers don't have it. I am assuming it will be released eventually to all platforms.

Wow. I didn’t think it’d actually happen. Guess I’ll be doing another playthrough when it drops on consoles. Awesome.

We truly do need another Triple A great Batman game. Enough time has passed. Hopefully something is in development somewhere.

Apparently it leaked, as it was already removed from Epic Games…can’t wait for that. I hope Rocksteady makes a Battinson Batmobile too.

Yeah it was 100% leaked by accident via an update that went out way too early.

The suit itself was also very obviously not fully finished. The cape I'm almost certain is a placeholder from the BvS cape with some pretty poor modelling onto the shoulders where it sorta...floats over his actual shoulders, the chest piece textures were very low quality and the collar had the same issue.

So the fact it looked that good despite that is genuinely incredible to me.

(if they release it with the batmobile too, istg)

Crazy that they took the time to add this. We should have had two more Batman Arkham games since Knight. From WB Montreal at least.

Greenlighting Suicide Squad will always seem crazy to me.

It will have to be studied one day how WB fumbled the ball so hard.
Instead of WBM making more Batman, they were forced to do a medicore Gotham Knights.
Instead of Rocksteady doing a Superman game, they were forced to do a Live Service Suicide Squad that had to be delayed because of the negative reactions.

WB hindering the DC IP from expanding in the gaming market, is a crime.

I think The Suicide Squad game is going to effectively kill Rocksteady as a studio.

I dont want to be so negative considering the love i have for Rocksteady as a studio that built the Arkham series...but i fear that it will happen.
Seems to me the failure of the SS game will be blamed on the studio instead of the suits who demanded this game...and will have the consequence of Rocksteady dying sadly.

We truly do need another Triple A great Batman game. Enough time has passed. Hopefully something is in development somewhere.

Hopefully.
Seeing the hype and all for Spider-man 2...we could easily have this.
Imagine what can be done now 10+ years after the Arkham series, how you can expand the gameplay foundation.
It is crazy to me how WB has the foundation lying around and all that, not wanting to make money with it.

Apparently it leaked, as it was already removed from Epic Games…can’t wait for that. I hope Rocksteady makes a Battinson Batmobile too.

I doubt it, but would rock so hard if we could get the Batmobile too.

I dont want to be so negative considering the love i have for Rocksteady as a studio that built the Arkham series...but i fear that it will happen.
Seems to me the failure of the SS game will be blamed on the studio instead of the suits who demanded this game...and will have the consequence of Rocksteady dying sadly.
It'd genuinely be very sad but...

yeah.

I'm likely still gonna play SS, literally just because it very likely has Kevin's final performance as Batman in it and there's no goddamn way I'm missing this game considering how much that man meant to me.

But that is the only reason I'm even touching this game with a ten foot pole.

It'd genuinely be very sad but...

yeah.

I'm likely still gonna play SS, literally just because it very likely has Kevin's final performance as Batman in it and there's no goddamn way I'm missing this game considering how much that man meant to me.

But that is the only reason I'm even touching this game with a ten foot pole.
Im not sure if i will get it, even with it being Conroys last batman performance and all...so far nothing about the game really interests me sadly.

The strange thing is that part of me is okay with the game failing because of the lesson WB could learn from it.
But then its WB and so far they were bad at learning their lesson.

I fear if this fails, they will blame it on everything else except themself and their hellbent idea of a GAAS Suicide Squad game instead of Superman or more Batman or so.

Im not sure if i will get it, even with it being Conroys last batman performance and all...so far nothing about the game really interests me sadly.

The strange thing is that part of me is okay with the game failing because of the lesson WB could learn from it.
But then its WB and so far they were bad at learning their lesson.

I fear if this fails, they will blame it on everything else except themself and their hellbent idea of a GAAS Suicide Squad game instead of Superman or more Batman or so.
Yeah me getting it is very much a personal thing for me only. I'm getting it regardless of if it's the greatest game ever made or hot garbage solely because it's Kevin's last performance. I wanna experience that for myself regardless of the hot dookie surrounding it

Last edited:
Crazy that they took the time to add this. We should have had two more Batman Arkham games since Knight. From WB Montreal at least.

Greenlighting Suicide Squad will always seem crazy to me.
I doubt there's anyone left who thinks that was a good decision at this point. Absolutely disastrous move and wrecking what was one of the best studios.

Yeah me getting it is very much a personal thing for me only. I'm getting it regardless of if it's the greatest game ever made or hot garbage solely because it's Kevin's last performance. I wanna experience that for myself regardless of the hot dookie surrounding it
Definitely a solid reason. :up:

I hope you get enjoyment from it.

Hopefully the final version fixes the shoulder pad issues during cutscenes

TYoxzKy.jpg

okSMlAq.jpg

Wish they got the batmobile too. Anyway, great to see Rocksteady listening the fans again. Suit looks dope 🔥

Wish they got the batmobile too. Anyway, great to see Rocksteady listening the fans again. Suit looks dope 🔥

For a second there when he said the "Evening the Odds" line...i thought they really would have done that.
Like imagine the Engine sound and then the Batmobile...would have been insane.

Still, the suit is neat so i take that.
I wished we knew when exactly the suit comes for the other platforms.
Im finishing up Citys Harley Quinns Revenge DLC, so i would like to start my Arkham Knight run with the suit.

So is The Batman suit only coming out for the Arkham Trilogy release or will it be available on Arkham Knight as well later on?

So is The Batman suit only coming out for the Arkham Trilogy release or will it be available on Arkham Knight as well later on?
I assume so.
Like, the premature release of the suit on PC indicates that they will throw out an update sooner or later that makes it avaliable for every Arkham Knight owner.

Ooof... It's the second time WB releases a terrible port of AK.

Arkham Knight looks better and more advanced then some modern games do, so I am not surprised that trying to port that onto the Switch resulted in problems.

Reactions: B
I'm no tech expert, but even I could have told whoever orchestrated the deal at WB/Nintendo to bring the games to the platform, that the Nintendo Switch wouldn't be suitable to run any of the games, but in particular Arkham Knight given how graphically intensive it is to run even on the PC, and still be recognisable. The Switch is by all accounts, just a mobile phone & not even a particularly powerful one at that.

They would have had a easier time doing a Arkham Trilogy with Origins instead of Knight.
I dont get the people in charge who thought it would be a good idea to do this.
Like, there was no way this would come out decent...and now they look bad yet again.

I doubt the first week sales are good enough for WB to just shake off the negativity they face on this.
Just baffling on WBs part.

They would have had a easier time doing a Arkham Trilogy with Origins instead of Knight.
I dont get the people in charge who thought it would be a good idea to do this.
Like, there was no way this would come out decent...and now they look bad yet again.

I doubt the first week sales are good enough for WB to just shake off the negativity they face on this.
Just baffling on WBs part.

I'm not so sure about that, don't forget Origins was graphically intensive because of the constant snow throughout the game as well as the affects(?) that the characters would have of the laying snow which looked damn good IMO.

Realistically I think Arkham Asylum would probably have been the only doable title from the series, primarily because most of the game is indoors & typically that would be better from a performance standpoint because you're not having to render in a near entire city in the backdrop constantly. Even then, AA, while mostly indoors was very well detailed, when you start removing what seems like insignificant details of the surroundings that maybe only 1 in every 1000 players will even look at & instead turn it into a blob or a blur, well it ruins the whole vibe.

Ultimately unless the game is relatively simplistic in it's graphics it's going to translate well to the Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"