• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman Beyond hinted Terry was Bruce son in The Call

Reaction score
At the end of the show Terry goes

"I guess me and Bruce have something in common after all."

Then Superman says "More then you know....more then you know" Like he know Terry was Bruce son because he could see the DNA and all.

Guess you didn't see Epilogue? (JLU) Terry is a partial clone of Bruce made by Cadmus.

Yeah Epilogue confirms it, which makes "The Call" all that more enjoyable to watch now that you know what Superman meant when he said that.

Mee said:
Guess you didn't see Epilogue? (JLU) Terry is a partial clone of Bruce made by Cadmus.
I did but you never really catch that part in the call if you didn't see Epilogue which as Knives122 said makes it all the more enjoyable because you see things fit together.

I doubt that is what he meant. That whole partial clone thing was a stupid idea in the first place. Also, this episode was made several years before that revelation. I doubt Timm and co. had it in mind when they made the episode. I think Superman just sees more of Bruce in Terry than Terry thinks is there.

Umm Terry is not, partial or otherwise, Bruces clone. He's his son. Cadmus made his daddy nuts turn into Bruce's.

Uh... not exactly his "nuts," but yeah, Bruce is Terry's biological father. I didn't particularly like that development, but I liked how it was executed. Waller's part in it was genius.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Uh... not exactly his "nuts," but yeah, Bruce is Terry's biological father. I didn't particularly like that development, but I liked how it was executed. Waller's part in it was genius.

agreed

All-Star Superman said:
At the end of the show Terry goes

"I guess me and Bruce have something in common after all."

Then Superman says "More then you know....more then you know" Like he know Terry was Bruce son because he could see the DNA and all.

But I was under the understanding that NO ONE knew about Project Batman Beyone except Waller & co.

I've only seen Epilogue once but from what I recall, Bruce didn't know about it either until Terry confronted him?

If that is true why would Clark keep that information from Bruce all those years? I don't think he would.

ya he's a clone because terry and his bro have the same dna of his mother and bruce.... but wouldnt that mean.....?!?!

You have the same DNA as your mother and father combined. Terry and his brother are Bruce's sons, not his clones.

TheCorpulent1 said:
You have the same DNA as your mother and father combined. Terry and his brother are Bruce's sons, not his clones.

I miss The Invisible Man, that was such a kick ass show.

Anyways, I think Bruce knew that Terry was his son, there really isn't much that he doesn't know. And as All Star said, maybe Supes looked at Terry on a molecular level and saw he was the same as Bruce, he's done things like that before.

Final note, Bruce Timm and co probably did know that they were going to make Terry Bruce's son. They probably never got the chance though since the show ended, but brought the idea back in JLU since they were able to tie it in to the final events of JLU, in order to wrap up the character of Terry. All just assumptions though.

The way Epilogue was presented was a little confusing. Did Terry really tell Bruce he was his son?

TheCorpulent1 said:
Uh exactly like. Waller said they used nano bots to turn Terry's dad's reproductive material (semen, man juice, ****, what ever) into Bruces. It means that Cadmus turned the things that produced these materials into Bruces. Visavi the testicles. They also had to alter the DNA in the cells that get divided to produce sperm to Bruce's as well. They also would have had to remain for a long time to maintain the changes. What with how sperm are made and all.

Abaddon said:
The way Epilogue was presented was a little confusing. Did Terry really tell Bruce he was his son?
Yes. The BW portions were things that did happen and might happen.

But the fight they had in the beginning seemed forgotten(as if it didnt happen) by the end of the episode.

Abaddon said:

No, everything that was in black&white was a dream of sorts, it was Terry imagining how it would be if he did all those things.

Example: When Terry goes to confront Bruce about it he breaks the Clock doorway. At the end of the ep. the clock is magically fixed.

lars573 said:
Uh exactly like. Waller said they used nano bots to turn Terry's dad's reproductive material (semen, man juice, ****, what ever) into Bruces. It means that Cadmus turned the things that produced these materials into Bruces. Visavi the testicles. They also had to alter the DNA in the cells that get divided to produce sperm to Bruce's as well. They also would have had to remain for a long time to maintain the changes. What with how sperm are made and all.
All right, you've clearly thought about this a lot more than I have. Maybe a little too much more... ;)

It's called taking biology class in high school and listening. So when I watched The Call, and they said how Terry was made I was like "WTF they turned Terry's dad's nuts into Bruce's, ewww!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"