Batman Live

FCEEVIPER

Rubber bullets. Honest
Reaction score
Loads Of New Details About Stage Show Batman Live Revealed!

Here are some of the main excerpts from the report over at Broadway World. For even more details, be sure to read the whole thing over at their site by following the link at the bottom of this article.

Opening in Manchester on 20th July 2011 and visiting Newcastle, Glasgow, Sheffield, Birmingham, London, Liverpool, Nottingham, Dublin and Belfast, tickets for BATMAN LIVE go on sale on Friday 12th November 2010. BATMAN LIVE is a visually stunning production, complete with a brand new original storyline.

The live show will feature Batman, his trusty counterpart Robin, tireless butler Alfred and a host of other favourite Batman characters, including Villains such as The Joker, The Riddler, Catwoman and The Penguin. The story will take place in several settings from the famed DC Comics stories, including Gotham City, Wayne Manor, the Batcave and Arkham Asylum.

"With the touring BATMAN LIVE show, we're bringing Batman's adventures to live audiences for the very first time," said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment. "The idea that we're doing it with a production team this talented and with this much passion is thrilling."

"When a character has as wide an audience and as rich a history as Batman, it's truly exciting to see him introduced into an all-new storytelling medium," says Jim Lee, Co-Publisher, DC Comics. "BATMAN LIVE will bring a completely new experience to fans of the character - it's great to be able to give them something they haven't seen before."

"Batman is one of the most iconic and recognizable brands in the world," said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "For the very first time, we are bringing the world of Batman to life in a live show. And the fact that we are doing it within arena-sized venues is sure to be a thrill for audiences of all ages."

"BATMAN LIVE will be a totally unique experience. This is not a musical but a high quality live show with a thrilling Batman story, filled with action, that will appeal to adults, teenagers and families," said Nick Grace. "Batman is more than a comic book character, he's a cultural phenomenon and we are proud to have this opportunity to be involved with one of the most popular DC Super Heroes in the world today."

BATMAN LIVE is based on an original story being created exclusively for the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that's very interesting. I'm glad to see it's trying to stay truer to the classic comics formula by including Robin as well as more than one classic villain. I'm a bit surprised it's a British production, but I'm definitely curious to see how it will do, who the cast is, etc.

Maybe Tim Curry could finally get to play The Joker. :oldrazz: (just kidding)

I don't understand why they're starting in the UK considering how american batman is, but there is absolutely no way I am missing this. Unless of course they only tour on the east coast. I'm terrified of flying and it would take too long to drive there. C'mon California! Or better yet Las Vegas!

This sounds really amazing.

They should release a DVD of it as well, as this is the kind of thing I could watch over and over.

Though from what I understand, it's extremely uncommon for a live dvd release of something like this.

Well I might check the birmingham show out when it comes over, depends on the dates and prices really.

Or hopefully they'll have one close by over here in Spain.

I do hope it takes off and they bring it to the states. I enjoyed Cirque Du Soleil a great deal, imagining that kind of spectacle with a Batman storyline is pretty frikkin awesome. seeing Batman drop from the sky right in front of you, with the music. Disgusting. Must see.

I don't think our American friends should worry, I'm ecstatic it's coming to the UK but if it is any good, it'll come to the states bigger and better.

I don't understand why they're starting in the UK considering how american batman is, but there is absolutely no way I am missing this. Unless of course they only tour on the east coast. I'm terrified of flying and it would take too long to drive there. C'mon California! Or better yet Las Vegas!

This sounds really amazing.

They should release a DVD of it as well, as this is the kind of thing I could watch over and over.

I agree!,I don't mind it starting in the UK......But not coming to the US until basically 2 years..suck for me!,And I doubt it'll make it to my city in south-west Texas.

A DVD release would be very cool,And it is indeed usually uncommon and so for it to be released would be even better!.

I need to see this when it comes to the USA.

Last edited:
For all those stateside wondering why Britain and Europe are getting this show first.. Fear not for I have the answer (Hows that for dramatic!)

The reason Britain is getting this show first is so that all the glitches, story dead points, jokes that don't work.. All get removed before the production moves stateside.

Essentially us Bits are the guinea pigs, the bits that we don't react to will be removed so that our American cousins have a 100% entertaining Bat-show.

Holy test subjects Batman!

For all those stateside wondering why Britain and Europe are getting this show first.. Fear not for I have the answer (Hows that for dramatic!)

The reason Britain is getting this show first is so that all the glitches, story dead points, jokes that don't work.. All get removed before the production moves stateside.

Essentially us Bits are the guinea pigs, the bits that we don't react to will be removed so that our American cousins have a 100% entertaining Bat-show.

Brits sure are taking one for the team then!,lol.

I thought it was because it was a British production??

Got my tickets for the Manchester show :)

Whoot!

I Definitely wanna see this! :D
Does anyone know if they'll come to The Netherlands as well? Cos if not, I better get my ticket for a show in Ireland!!! O_O

I'm not sure, rubber ducky. The missus doesn't know I've got em yet. Epic eyeroll when I tell her lol.

Damn.. Better look into the expense of a lil trip to lovely Éire then. **my poor, poor bankaccount. I can hear it cry already. lol**
hahahaha She not into Batsy and the gang? :p

I'm quite lucky. She tolerates with a wry smile. It's not like I'm massive on it anyway--I don't want want to do upside down kisses or wear Batman sex masks. I just like watching the films... and now stage shows.

Maybe the odd cartoon. O, and graphic novels.

hahahahaha lol xD Nooo, you're not obsessed at all! :p haha lol.
Well I'm glad for you she tolerates it then ;)
I still have to find someone who'd even consider going to the stage show with me! D:
If I'm very unlucky, I'll end up going alone *pout*
But luckily, when I'm there, I wont be alone at all! I'll be surrounded with many fellow geeks! ;-D lol

This sounds mad awesome. I'd want to see this more than the Spidey musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"