I Want A New Live Action Show!

You could do a full treatment of Bats and all his gadgets as well as all of the stuff his enemies have, you could have Freeze, Manbat, and otther more fantastic characters, and the budget wouldn't be much more that it would be for any well-done Sci-Fi program, digital effects and all.

You're right. There's plenty of proof that a relatively special effects/costume heavy show can be done. And even then, it doesn't have to be all the time. You can have a full episode that's just a little detective work, a little fighting and interrogating, some driving around in the Batmobile.

Well yeah, but those would probably be the most prominent ones.

Agreed.

And as for the more colorful villains, I wouldn't want them to be overexposed. Not that the series has to be like supervillain-free like a lot of live action shows tend to be, but I'd like their appearances to be a big deal. Most episodes would deal with Batman fighting more real world crime and the mob, or maybe corrupt businessmen, then a few episodes would deal with the Joker or Riddler, for example. One thing that I would like established is that this isn't a normal world. Weird things do happen sometimes, things that are otherworldly or at the very least, improbable.

:up::up::up:

You're right. There's plenty of proof that a relatively special effects/costume heavy show can be done. And even then, it doesn't have to be all the time. You can have a full episode that's just a little detective work, a little fighting and interrogating, some driving around in the Batmobile.

See above.

Exactly! I'd be far more interested in seeing some serious psychological drama between Batman and Joker, or Zsasz (in the vein of a good episode of Criminal Minds or Law And Order) than a bunch of big explosions and special effects.

Really, only a handful of Batman's rogues would require a lot of special effects anyway: Clayface, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc...heck, they had Freeze on the old 60's tv series....it can be done today.

Of course, with a guy like the Joker it's going to be a lot more interesting and out there than your typical police procedural.. or atleast I hope it would be. I don't want Law and Order with costumes.

Well yeah, but those would probably be the most prominent ones. I suppose there would also be more forensic/detective oriented gadgetry too, but I can't imagine it being too expensive. And as for the more colorful villains, I wouldn't want them to be overexposed. Not that the series has to be like supervillain-free like a lot of live action shows tend to be, but I'd like their appearances to be a big deal. Most episodes would deal with Batman fighting more real world crime and the mob, or maybe corrupt businessmen, then a few episodes would deal with the Joker or Riddler, for example. One thing that I would like established is that this isn't a normal world. Weird things do happen sometimes, things that are otherworldly or at the very least, improbable.
Funny, i proposed the same thing in the "should there be another batman live-action show" thread, where super villain appearances would then feel more like events.

Mr.freeze can be easily done, one of his storyarcs in legends of the dark knight and his appearance in the Batman: TAS episode Heart of Ice were very urban, something like that would work

Well what Batmobile would you want to see used? Me I really like the one from "Brave and the bold."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"