Batman Related Cosplay!

The head thing... kind of looks like a cat? Now that I get it, it's cuter, but I wish it had more feline influences.

Finished (minus my new boots)

tdksuit7.jpg

Pictures are great and all but now how about some actual discussion? lol. Because if not by the end of this year, some time next year I do plan on making my attempt at Batman's Dark Knight suit. And plenty of pics have been posted already of his suit in high resolution.

Here's my ideas I've come up with so far, so I want to bounce them off of you guys and see what you think, and maybe you can give me some better/cheaper solutions. So I want to hear ALL your ideas. And hopefully by the time I end up making this goofy thing, I'll have all the information acquired.

Batman Helmet I have no freaking IDEA on how to go about this. I've never made any type of clay model before or whatever to make something like that. Is there an easy way to go about making it, or more preferably, a website that anyone knows of that sells an awesome, close as possible looking, TDK Batman mask? Would be very much appreciated.

Cape From high rez pics it looks like actual velvet up close. I know velvet isn't a cheap thing to buy from joanns, but its probably what I'll end up doing to make his cape. Unless someone has a better solution? (btw i get really nice coupons from them so by the time i buy the material it might not be as expensive)

Body Suit Take away all the armor plating and mesh and what do you get? (rhetorical). Here's my idea on it. You can go to a local sports store and get a cheap (at least cheap for wet suits) 100 dollar wet suit. This avoids the spandex idea. Spandex is good and all, but Batman's suit is FAR from looking like mere spandex. I bought their cheap suits for my Ryu Hayabusa costume and it fits great, feels great, and you can swim in it hahah.

Mesh Layering His mesh layering looks a LOT like simple body fishnet. So I figured for that idea, I'll buy a full body fishnet stocking.

Armour Plating The one idea I came up with (so far) was to buy simple foam sheets, paint them a nice opaque black, cut out the shapes of each armor piece and sew them into the body suit. But I'm pretty sure some of you guys went about a better and or nicer looking way, so I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it.

As for the rest of the accessories and nuances I'll worry about later. These are the main pieces of the suit I want to hear and or share ideas on. So please POST AWAY!

I've been lingering around this thread for a bit, so I finally decided to jump in and post something I've been working on for the past hour...

2ur14jl.jpg

I've also tried my hand at the Joker as well! Pic under spoiler. Full costume photos to come as soon as I finish making my dress...

nqpmdz.jpg

I've been lingering around this thread for a bit, so I finally decided to jump in and post something I've been working on for the past hour...

2ur14jl.jpg

I've also tried my hand at the Joker as well! Pic under spoiler. Full costume photos to come as soon as I finish making my dress...

nqpmdz.jpg

thats awesome. and yeah i saw your joker pics. :D great job on the makeup. however for Two Face, his scars on on his other side btw. ^^;

thats awesome. and yeah i saw your joker pics. :D great job on the makeup. however for Two Face, his scars on on his other side btw. ^^;

Yeah, I know it's on the other side, but it didn't click in my head until I was halfway through the make-up and I figured what the heck, just finish it off and do it right the next time around.

Thanks for your comment though! I'm just happy it turned out halfway decent considering I didn't have much to work with at home.

Ahahahaha You have to admire the /nurse joker/

Priceless..

Yeah, I know it's on the other side, but it didn't click in my head until I was halfway through the make-up and I figured what the heck, just finish it off and do it right the next time around.

Thanks for your comment though! I'm just happy it turned out halfway decent considering I didn't have much to work with at home.

haha man ive had my fair share of scar mishaps. i put joker's scars on the wrong sides too T_T so every time i use a picture for reference, i reverse the picture so im doing the right sides in my mind lol.

haha man ive had my fair share of scar mishaps. i put joker's scars on the wrong sides too T_T so every time i use a picture for reference, i reverse the picture so im doing the right sides in my mind lol.

LOL - I hear you there! The first time I attempted my Joker make-up the scars were reversed, so the next time I used a picture for reference, I flipped it around as well so I wouldn't make that mistake again!

My next project is Harley. Pretty simple and easy to do. Hope to share pictures soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"