The Official Batman 60's TV show Thread

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
You know, I think there should be a thread on the old school Batman, which is pretty much the most faithful live action version yet. Not to mention that it made icons of The Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Batman, and Robin and saved the comics.

My Four favorate villians from the show.....
1.) Frank Gorshin as The Riddler
2.) Julie Newmar as Catwoman ( to me the best Catwoman with Michelle Pfieffer in a very close second)
3.) David Wayne as Mad Hatter
4.) George Sanders as Mr. Freeze
Nods to Cesar Romero as Joker and Burgess Meredeth as Penguin

The Ceb-Man!

"Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb"......Classic.....

I remember watching the repeats when I was like 3 and having a little crush on Batgirl.

I've always watched the repeats, especially now since they're on TVLand. I even bought all 120 episodes of the show from ebay.

GLfan said:
I've always watched the repeats, especially now since they're on TVLand. I even bought all 120 episodes of the show from ebay.

I would like to own that, but only an official set. Not a fan made set. I don't see why they still haven't released something like that.

GLfan said:

damn it made 120 episode?.... i didn't know htat.. and i'm quite shocked

I always thought it only reached somewhere in the range of 90-100 episodes.

It´s a little tough to watch the show now, after growing up and becoming a fan of the darker, grittier comics Batman, but we have to admit, campy as it was, silly as it was, almost all of my generation met Batman through the Adam West show. One thing that must be said is I, like most kids, didn´t watch it as a comedy. I knew it had humor, but to me it was an adventure, I watched to see Batman kicking ass - the fight scenes are laughable now, but they were pretty cool at the time - to see Batman get rid of the villains´traps, to see the batmobile running, well, through footage acceleration anyway...

Silent Storm said:
I would like to own that, but only an official set. Not a fan made set. I don't see why they still haven't released something like that.
They haven't released or will release the original show until they can compromise on a price. Warner Bros owns the movie character rights, and Fox owns the TV rights of the show. Nobody wants to budge an inch, that's why I got the homemade ones they're not bad at all. It will satisfy me until they decide to officially release the show on dvd.

robin: holy cheese batman, someone stole the batmobile

batman: yes i can see that robin..

robin: how are we gonna get back to the batcave

batman: there is only one way robin... we will have to run

(dunununununununununu)

:rolleyes:

batgirl2003.jpg

I just watched b/c my dad use to watch...

*sighs*

the horror :p

The only Adam West Batman show I ever watched was the one with Bruce Lee in it.......

For some reason I still watch it everytime it comes on......same with the movie....it's like a drug or something!

i must say it is a fun show to watch when you just wanna sit back and have some fun

but TV land yanked it off....

does anyone know a way that i can watch the show?

youtube maybe.

The whole DVD situation about the show sucks, though. the demand for it is pretty high. its one of the few famous pop culture shows not to be on DVD

i already tried youtube, they just have like three short scenes from random episodes... :(

me wants DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"