Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Are they actually making Dent look like 60s Shatner?

Also, having watched the movie now, it was fun to see Batman descend into a darker version of himself. It would've been cool if he adopted a black and grey costume with longer ears for that part of the movie.

Also, the scenery and cityscape didn't look 60-ish at all. It looked like any other Batman animated movie.

Was that a Dark Knight Returns reference in there about running away to Europe with Catwoman and sipping coffee (or whatever drink it was) in a cafe?

I wouldn't mind seeing a more sophisticated plot like normal Batman animated movies but with all the 60s styling.

Apparently William Shatner will voice Two-Face in the sequel to this animated movie:

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/07/nycc-william-shatner-will-voice-two-face-in-batman-return-of-the/

Well it looks like we're going to see the 1966 show version of Two Face after all, he's going to be voiced by William Shatner no less, in a just announced animated sequel called Batman vs Two Face;

http://www.cbr.com/william-shatner-...Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
here it is
william-shatner-two-face-batman-animated.jpg

RE:

Holy scenery chewing!
This is awesome! Shatner as Two-Face is brilliant!
Should have happens 50 years ago as the two actors shared the small screen in the 60s.
So who is going to ham it up more, Shatner or West? :woot:

Anyone not convinced should re-watch "The Enemy Within" for a refresher why this is brilliant! casting.

[YT]_bZKEhgieoc[/YT]

[YT]12tMVK42yQg[/YT] :cwink:

You just posted that on the previous page and I replied to that. :huh:

You just posted that on the previous page and I replied to that. :huh:

Maybe the post was split going through the transporter.
Or I cheated:ftc:

Are they actually making Dent look like 60s Shatner?
See image above!
Definitely appears to be straight up 60s Shatner which is great.
Looks like he's lending not only his voice but his likeness.

Hopefully his other half get's a scene in a gangster fedora and pinstripe suit...
latest

Can't wait for this

1dp4h4.gif

Last edited:
Watching this right now....funny as hell....the scene where Batman gets hit on the head and sees three Catwomen is brilliant.

I absolutely loved this movie. Easily the best thing WB has done in years.

And this pure brilliance moment....

Catwoman: I'll give myself up on one condition.
Batman: What's that?
Catwoman: We runaway to Europe together....sip tea in a café....and live happily ever after. And of course kill Robin.
Robin: Holy unsatisfying ending.

I think this movie shows once again why Adam West's Batman is the smartest one we've had.

yeah West, Ward, and Newmar were all on point in this one

Why did Catwoman have hairy eyebrows? And is Catwoman even Selina Kyle in the 60s series? Have they ever revealed her identity?

Finally got around to seeing this. It was sheer brilliance, and an awesome love letter to the 60's TV show with some updated strokes. It's jam packed with nods and touches from the show, a few winks to the Batman movies and famous comics, and the story is a ton of fun.

The voice acting is superb across the board. Hearing West, Ward and Newmar reprise their roles was such a treat and totally worked considering the age the actors are now. Particularly with Ward and Newmar who's voices have not aged as much as West's. The three actors who took on Penguin, Joker, and Riddler did brilliant recreations of the original actors. I think Burgess Meredith, Cesar Romero and Frank Gorshin would be proud.

Some of my fav nods to the show; seeing the three Catwomen, the Batus dance, Penguin's jet umbrella, the henchmen wearing the famous villain costumes of the four main baddies, the villains using sayings the originals did e.g. Penguin - "Great quivering jelly fish it's the Dynamic Dunder heads".

10/10. Best DC movie this year and one of the best they've ever done.

Batman's costume seems to be a bit more traditionally coloured than in the actual show. The blue parts in the show seemed to be a bit more purple.

so it seems the film totally takes shot at ending of the dark knight rises.

Not having a Narrator doing transition scenes was a bit of a disappointment.
Otherwise this was a fine film added to the BATMAN 66 Universe.

Was also disappointed that Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, and Frank Gorshin weren't mention in the Special Features.

Was also disappointed that Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, and Frank Gorshin weren't mention in the Special Features.
Maybe if they made a sequel, they might give us a moment in a boxing ring, a boxer that looks like young Sylvester Stallone, and his trainer Mickey.

Is the movie as funny as those gifs make it out to be? I should really watch it.

Yes it is. It's hilarious.

Finally got around to seeing this. It was sheer brilliance, and an awesome love letter to the 60's TV show with some updated strokes. It's jam packed with nods and touches from the show, a few winks to the Batman movies and famous comics, and the story is a ton of fun.

The voice acting is superb across the board. Hearing West, Ward and Newmar reprise their roles was such a treat and totally worked considering the age the actors are now. Particularly with Ward and Newmar who's voices have not aged as much as West's. The three actors who took on Penguin, Joker, and Riddler did brilliant recreations of the original actors. I think Burgess Meredith, Cesar Romero and Frank Gorshin would be proud.

Some of my fav nods to the show; seeing the three Catwomen, the Batus dance, Penguin's jet umbrella, the henchmen wearing the famous villain costumes of the four main baddies, the villains using sayings the originals did e.g. Penguin - "Great quivering jelly fish it's the Dynamic Dunder heads".

10/10. Best DC movie this year and one of the best they've ever done.

No movie has a perfect score. You told me that yourself.
But movie did kick arse. GF and I laughed our heads off. Kids loved it.
Loved the Anti - antidote bit.

No movie has a perfect score. You told me that yourself.

No child, I said no movie is perfect. But you can rate a movie as high as you like. I give it a 10 because I loved it from start to finish and achieved everything it set out to be.

No child, I said no movie is perfect. But you can rate a movie as high as you like. I give it a 10 because I loved it from start to finish and achieved everything it set out to be.

Its a perfect score so it must be perfect. Your not making any sense.

Probably because you ignore common sense in favor of black and white literals. You can give something a top rating while still finding flaws with it, e.g. Empire gave TDKR a 5 star review but still mentioned flaws with it in the review; http://www.empireonline.com/movies/dark-knight-rises/review/

I know you still won't understand. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"