Classsic Batman TV series action figures

Bathead

The Oldest Geek
Reaction score
Amazon.com has these figure from Mattel listed as being released Aug.1st, for about 16 bucks for a single figure, 30 bucks for the two pack. Figures include:
Batman (Adam West)
Batman and Robin (Burt Ward) 2-pack with wall climbing bases
Batman with surfboard and swimming trunks (!)
Joker (Caesar Romero)
Catwoman (Julie Newmar, rrrooowwr!)
Riddler (Frank Gorshin)
Penguin (Burgess Meredith)
Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but they seem to be fairly good representations of the real actors.
I didn't see anything about it, but here's hoping there's a Batmobile to go with them.

Hmmm .. I thought there would be a bit more interest in these figures than this, I've been hearing plenty of complaints about a lack of TV show figs for years.

Oh,I'm stoked for these,and plan to get them all!

and,yes,there is a Batmobile coming as well!

That Batmobile looks awesome. What scale are these figures?

The only thing it says in the Amazon listing is the size of the package, which has the height at 7.5 ". so I'm gonna guess the figure height at about 6 to 6.5 "

these are Movie Masters,so they;ll be the same size as the other lines under that umbrella - TDK, Green Lantern,TDKR, Man of Steel.

They look like the same scale as DC Universe Classics and the same articulation possibly as well. They certainly look more like that line anyway than the other movie masters, probably because they looked more comic based in the first place than these movie costumes.

these are Movie Masters,so they;ll be the same size as the other lines under that umbrella - TDK, Green Lantern,TDKR, Man of Steel.

Where did you see that? I've seen no indication they were Movie Masters, the only designation I've seen is "Batman Classic TV Series".

Where did you see that? I've seen no indication they were Movie Masters, the only designation I've seen is "Batman Classic TV Series".

Whatever they are they are 6" figs. Same articulations as the Movie Master line. I saw in a earlier post you said something about excitement over these. Well, I may not have been alive when this show aired originally but I was 13 in 1989 when the show started airing again. That 36 hour marathon that was on FX may have been one of the best weekends of my life.
I am totally stoked over these. I have cases ordered of all this stuff. Have a merchant license so can get a bit cheaper. I only mention that because I am only getting 2$ cheaper than the 15.99 amazon deal. That is the cheapest you will see these so I would jump on that deal.

Not on subject but I didn't find the Arkham figure thread. But for anyone who missed out on Bane. In October they are scheduled to release 2 packs of Arkham figures. Batman and Bane for 60$ I believe is the retail price. So for 60$ you can get the 300$ Bane and get Batman with him. The first link below is about the fall dc collectibles releases.

The second link below is about the 2nd Hot Toys Jack Nicholson Joker figure. The MIME JOKER

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20395

Does Batman have a stiff cape? Otherwise how will he sit in the Batmobile?

I would've liked to have used that Batmobile with the DC Universe Classics Series 1 Batman who has the same colour scheme as the 60s series but is more comic accurate. However, that figure has a stiff cape that probably wouldn't allow him to sit properly.

Does Batman have a stiff cape? Otherwise how will he sit in the Batmobile?

I would've liked to have used that Batmobile with the DC Universe Classics Series 1 Batman who has the same colour scheme as the 60s series but is more comic accurate. However, that figure has a stiff cape that probably wouldn't allow him to sit properly.

I was told when ordering the Batman and Robin 2 pack both have capes that are cloth. So they can sit in Batmobile and building stands they come with if hung, the capes will hang down.

I preordered Surf Batman, Joker, Catwoman ,and Riddler.

I wish Amazon would add the Batmobile, already.

I was told when ordering the Batman and Robin 2 pack both have capes that are cloth. So they can sit in Batmobile and building stands they come with if hung, the capes will hang down.

Yes. From all the pics I've seen they look like cloth capes.

Cloth? Or some kind of thin vinyl or thin flexible plastic? I don't know if I'd like cloth capes as they look different in style to the rest of the figure. A flexible and thin plastic cape still is in keeping though.

All I know is the capes in the pics I've seen look like the cloth capes you usually get on this size of action figure.

I would think it would be a identical fabric as one used for Dark Knight Batman in the Trilogy box. I don't have it but saw a figure and liked it more than I thought I would. I guess it felt almost like dry-fit clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"