Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To continue the cameo discussion...

Who all is at the funeral? I count at least:

• Dick Grayson
  • Damian Wayne
  • Alfred Pennyworth
  • Comissioner James Gordon
  • Barbara Gordon
  • Clark Kent
  • Lois Lane
  • Diana Prince
  • Steve Trevor
  • Oliver Queen
  • Black Canary

That leaves two I'm not sure on!

But... is this the final episode of the entire show? I heard it was getting canceled along with Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men, but it had a few last episodes before it left. I hope this wasn't the last one, or that the show is NOT canceled.

No, that wasn't the final episode. There's an episode this week.

The series has been cancelled, but there's still the rest of season 2 that needs to air and all of season 3, which will be 13 episodes. So, there's still a ways to go before it's all over. It probably won't be officially over until the middle of next year.

So I finally got around to playing the video game over the holiday weekend with my brother. If you're a fan of the show, then you'll love the game!

There are four episodes, each episode has a teaser followed by the show's opening credits and original animation, 1-2 minutes long, before the start of the stage. Batman teams up with Robin in Gotham, Blue Beetle on Science Island, Hawkman in London, and Guy Gardner on different alien planets.

The dialogue in this game is great, not only in the little cut scenes but also throughout each level. Batman and Robin are constantly exchanging witty remarks back and forth, Batman teaches Blue Beetle lessons on being a hero, Hawkman deals with aging while Batman gushes about being inspired by him as a child, and Guy Gardner deals with his anger issues. It's a little corny but in a good way, and a lot of it is legitimately funny. It's very well written and seems like it's straight out of the show. All the characters have their TV voice actors providing the dialogue.

The game play is pretty simple beat em' up style. Batman has a variety of gadgets that you unlock as you go, the other characters have weapons, gadgets, or powers at the start. The thugs and minions are somewhat diverse. You shake the Wii mote for heavy attacks, for charge up attacks, and assists. The characters included as assists are:

Black Canary
Booster Gold
Green Arrow
Red Tornado
Aquaman
Old Flash
Plastic Man
Black Lightning
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Captain Marvel

The boss fights are pretty fun and quite a few villains make appearances:

Two-Face
Catman
Catwoman
Copperhead
Gorilla Grodd
Clock King
Gentleman Ghost
Asteroth
The Rouges
Starro
Mongul

I read reviews that said the game was short but it really wasn't. There are only four stages but they're broken up into levels that are all relatively long. I would have appreciated another two episodes with one of them involving all the heroes in the same stage. Overall it's a really fun game that is definitely worth a buy if you have a Wii and love the show. Overall I'd give it a B+.

Last edited:
I was hoping Damien would grow up to wear the Batman Beyond costume in the future. :csad:

me too, when I saw that it was a futuristic setting I was like he's going to wear the batman beyond costume but sadly this wasn't the case

Great episode though, I thought the animation of the fight scenes were at its best. Loved the cameos although I think i'm going to have to rewatch to see the others I missed.

Can someone tell me point blank how the feel of this show is? Is it as awesome as the old Animated Series? B/c I'm re-watching it now as an adult and it's still B.A. I've heard it's very much kid friendly but does that take away from the character/feel?

Everyone loves this show to the point where it's praised as only second to BTAS along with Diedrich Bader's Batman performance. Tho there are some who prefer this even over BTAS (i'm one of thes people).

The show has great pacing and intriquing story arcs that can expand episodes itself, you get to know alot of new heroes and villains, just like people who watched BTAS we're introduced into the Batman universe and it's villains. The show can range from insanely looney tunes funnyness to grimdarkness that makes BTAS seem like a My Little Pony show.

Check it out. =) It's awesome!

Any word on when we'll be getting new episodes? Or at least when the U.S. will get "The Mask of Matches Malone" episode?

With Young Justice premiering at 7pm next month on Fridays, I'm afraid Cartoon Network might try and shuffle this show off to some dark corner.

I'm working my way through the BAS and then going to start on the Brave and the Bold.. I came across this as I was just watching Volume 2/episode 37 of BAS....It was approximately 7 minutes in when Hugo Strange was calling the Joker up.... thought it was hilarious.

**Edit** I did not photoshop or in any way tweak this photo, I just took a screen shot

Last edited:
Preview on Batboy and Rubin from Bat-Mite presents: Batman's strangest tales!
595pt002.jpg

Any word on when the Superman/Batman team-up episode will air?

Last edited:
After the goofy scheduling issues this show was going through, I finally bothered to get caught up. I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoyed this thing.

So I finally got around to playing the video game over the holiday weekend with my brother. If you're a fan of the show, then you'll love the game!

There are four episodes, each episode has a teaser followed by the show's opening credits and original animation, 1-2 minutes long, before the start of the stage. Batman teams up with Robin in Gotham, Blue Beetle on Science Island, Hawkman in London, and Guy Gardner on different alien planets.

The dialogue in this game is great, not only in the little cut scenes but also throughout each level. Batman and Robin are constantly exchanging witty remarks back and forth, Batman teaches Blue Beetle lessons on being a hero, Hawkman deals with aging while Batman gushes about being inspired by him as a child, and Guy Gardner deals with his anger issues. It's a little corny but in a good way, and a lot of it is legitimately funny. It's very well written and seems like it's straight out of the show. All the characters have their TV voice actors providing the dialogue.

The game play is pretty simple beat em' up style. Batman has a variety of gadgets that you unlock as you go, the other characters have weapons, gadgets, or powers at the start. The thugs and minions are somewhat diverse. You shake the Wii mote for heavy attacks, for charge up attacks, and assists. The characters included as assists are:

Black Canary
Booster Gold
Green Arrow
Red Tornado
Aquaman
Old Flash
Plastic Man
Black Lightning
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Captain Marvel

The boss fights are pretty fun and quite a few villains make appearances:

Two-Face
Catman
Catwoman
Copperhead
Gorilla Grodd
Clock King
Gentleman Ghost
Asteroth
The Rouges
Starro
Mongul

I read reviews that said the game was short but it really wasn't. There are only four stages but they're broken up into levels that are all relatively long. I would have appreciated another two episodes with one of them involving all the heroes in the same stage. Overall it's a really fun game that is definitely worth a buy if you have a Wii and love the show. Overall I'd give it a B+.

What's interesting is that all the stories for the game are original scenarios, where different groups of characters get to talk and bounce back off of each other. There's even some new animation done for the game; it's a really in-depth job.

Plus, the game gives you a lot of the fun stuff to mess around with, like the Belt Sword. With a code, you can also take Batman's armor from "Day of the Dark Knight" out for a spin, complete with a replacement sword for your Belt Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"