Batman: The Cult

SpideyInATree

Chillin' Like a Villain
Reaction score
Considering that most people should have opened their presents, maybe got some awesome gifts (hopefully), and maybe some extra money to spend. Possibly a gift card to B and N, or whatever book store.

I'd highly suggest if you're looking for great Batman reading material to pick up Batman: The Cult by Jim Starlin. It's a really great story that shows Batman at some of his lowest points and Robin, Jason Todd version, helping Batman get out of one of the most sticky situations I've ever seen him in.

The artwork is great and the villain of the story is definitely one crazy mofo.

yes the cult is truely an awsome book. very underated IMO. I already own a copy from way back when, still read it occasionaly. It's probroly one of the best stories to feature Jason as Robin.

I agree. Starlin really did a good job at using Todd's strong points as a character back in that day. And also showed how great of a Robin he could have been.

Batman -the cult is an absolute classic!

it's one of the best batman stories, but the end seems a little bit rushed.

It came out too soon after DKR which is probably why most Bat-historians don't like it because of it's approach, but it's cool seeing how some C-class villian "broke" the Batman.

I've said before that The Cult is the best Jason Todd as Robin story. Ever.

I'd been meaning to pick this one up for some years, but I never did.

Now I fear it wouldn't be as good since Jason Todd is....well, you know.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................alive.

Prognosticator said:
I'd been meaning to pick this one up for some years, but I never did.

Now I fear it wouldn't be as good since Jason Todd is....well, you know.

Whether he's still alive now or dead doesn't have much of an impact on the story. It's just a well done story altogether. I wouldn't let that get in the way of a good story that was before his "death".

The Cult is one the the best Batman stories ever imo. Hilarious! I love Batmans narration...it reminds me of this > http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php

sm03.png
Ha!

I was always put off in my comic book store mistakening it for (Batman: Gothic, I think it's actually called? The one where he turns into a vampire) so I never bought it, but I recently discovered that it isn't.

Can someone post caps or something? Just so I can get a feel for it before I buy it next comic-run.

I LOVE batman:The Cult my fav batman book. The Villain was the best ever. It's very very underated. It had knightfall batman murder and no mans land all in one

great scan! "gotham by gaslight" & "venom" are another personal favorite.

The Cult is a great read.
Berni Wrighston's art is very good (so is his Batmobile design).
The story is great too, a bit like a zombie flick (without zombies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"