Batman: Under the Red Hood

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3787

Blu-ray details of Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths confirm that the next DC movie is Batman: Under the Red Hood. :word: This is most likely a take on Judd Winnick's Batman: Under the Hood story arc, where Jason Todd (the 2nd Robin) returns as the anti-hero Red Hood, killing drug dealers and whatnot.

The characters in the graphical novel are following:
- Batman
- Nightwing
- Alfred
- Jason Todd
- Black Mask (2nd Main Antagonist)
- Joker (Minor Role
- Mr. Freeze

The comic also has Captain Nazi, Hyena (think were-wolf but a Hyena) and Captain Boomerang in a flashback with Jason as Robin. Now i could dare say Bruce Timm and others will atleast swap Captain Nazi to something less offensive perhaps, and maybe take something more "Batman" villain as Black Mask's thug. :)

The GN is very action packed with some drama between Jason and Bruce, it's my favorite Judd Winnick story and this is going to be awesome. :D

PS. I doubt this is a Joker as Red Hood story, because if they'd do a Joker origin, we all know it would/should be Batman: The Killing Joke. ;)

Batman: Under the Red Hood movie news:
Source.

212fyvc.jpg

Bigger version here.

Official cast lis here:
Batman = Bruce Greenwood (Star Trek 2009 film)
Nightwing = Neil Patrick Harris (How i met your mother, the Music Meister)
Joker = John Dimaggio (Bender, Aquaman, Marcus Fenix)
Red Hood = Jensen Ackles (Super Natural)
Ras' al Ghul = Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter films)

Last edited:
Oh wow, if it is Winnick's Jason Todd story, then I am super excited for this.

It's one of my fav Batman stories :up:

My favorite quote from this book has to be between Jason and Joker. :D

Joker: Didn't i kill you?
Jason: We've been over this...
Joker: I know! But i love talking about it!

Cover art to BATMAN #635 by Matt Wagner

Winick Writes BATMAN: UNDER THE HOOD Animated Feature

Comics2Film at Mania.com has confirm that the next DC Universe animated feature film after 'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths' will be 'Batman: Under the Hood'.
The movie will be based on the recent storyline featured in Batman #635-641. We've also learned that Judd Winick, who wrote the comic series, is also writing the script for the film.
The comics storyline features the return of the mysterious Batman villain, The Red Hood, which was originally the identity adopted by the Joker before he fell into a vat of chemicals and was transformed into the clown prince of crime. This new Red Hood rises up as an anti-hero in Gotham City, waging a violent war against the likes of the Joker and the Black Mask.
The villain's campaign puts him at odds with Batman as well as various allies including Nightwing, Green Arrow, Zatanna and others. While most readers of C2F likely already know the character that is eventually revealed to be under the Red Hood, we'll avoid spoiling it for anyone who isn't current on their bat-books.
Watch for 'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths' to arrive in February. Expect 'Batman: Under the Hood' to drop in the summer.

Source

Yay, Winnick is doing the script :up:

I'm glad it will be called "Under the Hood", and not include "red" in there. I thought the story was pretty good, not one of my favorites, but it was still a good read, non-the-less. I may pick it up and give both a read again. ;)

Good read. Hmm i wonder if they will just ignore the events of hush completely

Good read. Hmm i wonder if they will just ignore the events of hush completely

Probably. Superman|Batman: PE Doesn't refer to Hush and heck. Superman refers Lois as Lois instead of "my wife" in the movie due to the casual fans. :p

Bruce Greenwood is Batman. Neil Patrick Harris is Nightwing. One of the guys from Supernatural is Red Hood.

If i end up wrong. Just laugh at me, but some people have already gotten the DvD for the crisis on 2 earths movie, and this source would be from one of it's owners.

Batman: Under the Red Hood movie news:
Source.

212fyvc.jpg

Bigger version here.

Official cast lis here:
Batman = Bruce Greenwood (Star Trek 2009 film)
Nightwing = Neil Patrick Harris (How i met your mother, the Music Meister)
Joker = John Dimaggio (Bender, Aquaman, Marcus Fenix)
Red Hood = Jensen Ackles (Super Natural)
Ras' al Ghul = Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter films)

Last edited:
Awkward choice for Joker (I'm sure it'll be great), but I'm pretty psyched about the rest of the casting!

redhoodmaquette.jpg

Just like Owlman. The antagonist gets hiw own special statue for this movie! Details here!

Time to show some character designs for the upcoming movie:

vlcsnap2010021623h09m04.jpg

vlcsnap2010021623h13m34.jpg

vlcsnap2010021623h09m30.jpg

vlcsnap2010021623h02m12.jpg

The heck is up with Nightwing's hair? Meh
Also... the TDK influence is definately there. Looks like they're giving the joker black eye make up and a cut smile.

Gotham city:
140dqph.jpg

Story board image on the movie's opening
21nhbw1.jpg

Jason Todd's Robin designs:
280qmx5.jpg

Nightwing resembles a lot his first design on The Batman, except the hair.

Liking how the movie is turning out.

Enviroment scenes: Gotham City & Batcave
vlcsnap2010021712h52m24.jpg

vlcsnap2010021713h09m29.jpg

vlcsnap2010021713h05m26.jpg

vlcsnap2010021712h54m18.jpg

Storyboard: Joker, Batwing, Batmobile, Alfred, Bruce
vlcsnap2010021713h02m17.jpg

vlcsnap2010021713h08m20.jpg

vlcsnap2010021712h56m28.jpg

vlcsnap2010021713h08m30.jpg

vlcsnap2010021712h59m17.jpg

Batman
vlcsnap2010021713h06m59.jpg

As I said in the other Under the Red Hood thread, I think this may be my favorite animated Batman design. And the Gotham City shots look gorgeous. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"