Batman: Under the Red Hood

The way the whole organized crime angle is handled is great. These crooks are believable, and the differences in personality/methods between Black Mask, Red Hood, Ras, and Joker make for an interesting dynamic (though it does seem like a few too many villains).

I loved how the J man's unpredictable, untrustworthy nature is highlighted. Both Ras and Black Mask try to "make a deal with the devil," and both end up suffering for it. The Clown Prince has his own plans, and is no one's pawn.

Superbly put :up:

I thought this was one of the best Batman direct to video cartoons. I had red the reviews beforehand less the spoilers, although I was aware of who the Red Hood was.

There were many great aspects of this movie: the plot, the twists, the darkness, the action. I liked Nightwing's role and thought it added balance to the story.

It took a while to get used to the Joker, but by the end of the movie I was sold.

I wasn't fond of Black Mask's portrayal. He didn't seem real competent, which was too great of a divergence from my understanding of his traditional character.

Let me get this straight: you have yet to watch this movie when you can easily find the parts on youtube and have yet to read the Joker novel.....? :huh:

Sure he can watch it on YouTube but that would be sh***y. He, like everyone else, should empty his piggy bank and go buy and support the product.

I just watched this and loved it! I have watched every animated Batman movie and TV show. But after the last couple of DC movies(Crisis, Death of Superman, even the last Superman/Batman movie) I really wasnt expecting much from this. Not to mention being disappointed about no Conroy or Hamill(sue me, I LOVE 'em), but I actually thought everything about it was great. I just loved it. Especially the voice acting and action sequences. Gonna watch it again later. 'Nuff Said.

I just finally saw it, Bruce Greenwood's voice was perfect for Batman and of course you can't forget John Di Maggio's voice as the Joker he was great but I still love Conroy and Hamill as Batman & Joker. I can't for this to be released in UK and I wanna see again on my PS3 on blu-ray with a greater quality 9/10.

Last edited:
It looks great in blu-ray. Glad you enjoyed it, Harvey Harvey Harvey Dent :cwink:

Its definitely good. Greenwood gives a GREAT Bat-voice (best since Connelly, IMO). NPH and Ackles really bring their A-games (plus its great to see a Batman adaptation to heavily feature Nightwing. TAS had him at times but he never was really heavily focused upon). Its also refreshing to see some of the lesser villains like Red Hood and Black Mask get some play in Batman features. The biggest problem I have with this is DiMaggio just doesn't get Joker right. His voice is too deep. Bender was wrong for the role. :(

Also, can we please get a JLA Tower of Babel movie or something, if for no other reason than to re-use Jason Isaacs as Ra's in a bigger role, because his voice is great for it.

Just bought this today, I'm so happy with the purchase! And I just learned they're making a Year One movie next year, hopefully this trend continues. I'd die with joy if they made a Long Halloween movie.

has anyone posted this yet??
1_1680x1050.jpg

Found these on this site, plus more...ish.
http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/2010/07/batman-under-red-hood-wallpapers.html

This is my second viewing of the new animated movie and I had so much fun watching this I didn't expect this to be a Great movie it's up there with Mask Of The Phantasm or Return Of The Joker. I was disappointed with the Gotham Knight when it suppose to tie in with Batman Begins & The Dark Knight. I liked some of the things in GK anyway I liked everything in UTRH. Jason Isaacs as Ra's Al Ghul was awesome and he's one of my favourite actors I always thought he should play a character in a Batman movie it doesn't matter if it was animated or live-action I like him. Bruce Greenwood as Bruce/Batman, you see like any other fan I grew up watching Kevin Conroy voicing Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker but Greenwood did a great job I like him as The Dark Knight he could replace Conroy if Conroy quit or retired voicing Batman Greenwood is the man to takeover. John Di Maggio as Joker did a good job I thought he had deep voice when he talked Like I said I'm used to Hamill as Joker Hamill's voice was just perfect for Joker when I read comics I hear Conroy & Hamill in my head. Di Maggio Joker laugh was perfect but when he talked it sound too deep. Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing he was awesome I hope they use Greenwood and Harris for their parts again in a other Batman animated movie. Basically cast & story were great oh I almost forgot Kelly Hu voices one of the characters in the movie I don't know character's name. I wished WB Home Video UK Ltd should release this over here in UK I want to own this great movie on Blu-ray. 9/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"