Batman: Unburied

Babillygunn

New Age Outlaw
Reaction score
Aside from a few mentions in The Batman thread, I hadn’t seen anything on these boards about this podcast. Is anyone else listening to it?

I’m curious to know other people’s thoughts. I’ve only listened to the first episode but it’s enough to keep me listening for now. Personally, I like Winston Duke’s voice work (though I liked Jeffrey Wright better in the Batman Audio Podcast from earlier this year.) I also loved some aspects such as the part where Bruce narrates the autopsy and does it in first person, empathizing as the victim. But I don’t love all of the changes to his origin and I think this would’ve been better as a straight up Batman tale that started in during his career, as opposed to the elseworlds tale it seems to be setting up.

I’d love to hear others’ thoughts.

Honestly this has been such a surprise for me, I only really heard about it due to the usual right wing culture war outrage that a black man was voicing Batman. I like Duke, but Reddick as Thomas Wayne is inspired casting. Work and kids mean I'm still only one episode in like yourself but damn if I'm not making myself half an hour a night to keep it up.

I finished. A few episodes in, I thought about quitting but I’m glad that I didn’t. The twist that happened halfway through was good.

it’s not the greatest thing I’ve listened to. A few years ago I came across an audio podcast that did Kingdom Come. That was incredible. This is definitely not as good as that was, but it’s still serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"