Ultra Lantern

In Darkest Night!
Reaction score
Would Batman be able to survive in his dreams if Freddy Kruger attacked
him?

Yes

No

Last edited:
Yes,because Batman can use his imagination.Freddy won't know what hit him.

Batman would easily win because he has a superior mind & is more logical in solving problems. I'm also sure Batman would come up with some sort of gadget to help him in dreamland. Plus the fact, that good always truimphs over evil. :oldrazz:

He handled himself just fine in "Only a Dream"

[YT]WJkCSBFXeCs[/YT]

The video can only be seen when you imbed the code after the = sign. Dont post the whole code.

Last edited by a moderator:
No batman would die even if he defeated freddy once he would just comeback and kill him. If scarecrow could make him see stuff and mess with him then he couldn't stand a chance against freddy. Not a single person has ever survived freddy even with the dream powers. Also what freddy are we talking about a weak drained freddy or a upper powerful bend reality freddy.

I think Batman would grab Freddy Krueger, then wake up, which rips Freddy Krueger out of the dream world. Then Batman would subdue him, and call the police to apprehend him. He then is put on trial, found guilty, and sent to prison, perhaps in solitary confinement for protection. Since he can only return to the dream world in death, and he isn't killed, he can't return to the dream world.
Winner: Batman

I have one Q. how many nightmares have you seen. becasue I've seen

A nightmare on elm street 1
A nightmare on elm street 2 freddy revenge
A nightmare on elm street 3 dream warriors
A nightmare on elm street 4 dream master
A nightmare on elm street 5 drean child
Freddy dead the final nightmare
wes cravens new nightmare
freddy vs jason
A nightmare on elm street 2010

I have read a ton of freddy comics books wrote my own story with ch. trust me he would **** batman good.

No batman would die even if he defeated freddy once he would just comeback and kill him. If scarecrow could make him see stuff and mess with him then he couldn't stand a chance against freddy. Not a single person has ever survived freddy even with the dream powers. Also what freddy are we talking about a weak drained freddy or a upper powerful bend reality freddy.

The upper powerful bend reality Freddy.

Does nobody realize that one of Batman's greatest downfalls is his fear? Batman would be able to hold his own for a time, but as soon as Freddy started in with Thomas Wayne telling Bruce how disappointed he was in Bruce and how he was upholding the Wayne legacy, it'd be game over. Even if Batman was able to recover, the split second of weakness is all Freddy would need to destroy him.

As far as what Freddy we're talking about? I think the question should be which BATMAN are we talking about? I just described Bruce Wayne's situation. If Dick Grayson went up against Freddy, he might actually find a way to win. He's not as experienced as Bruce, but he doesn't have the fear and guilt built up inside him like Bruce does. He's not a time bomb ticking towards insanity, the way it is. You know, withOUT someone messing with his fears.

You guys obviously haven't played Arkham Asylum. He took on an overdose caused by Scarecrow, enough to drive 10 men insane, and won

Does nobody realize that one of Batman's greatest downfalls is his fear? Batman would be able to hold his own for a time, but as soon as Freddy started in with Thomas Wayne telling Bruce how disappointed he was in Bruce and how he was upholding the Wayne legacy, it'd be game over. Even if Batman was able to recover, the split second of weakness is all Freddy would need to destroy him.

As far as what Freddy we're talking about? I think the question should be which BATMAN are we talking about? I just described Bruce Wayne's situation. If Dick Grayson went up against Freddy, he might actually find a way to win. He's not as experienced as Bruce, but he doesn't have the fear and guilt built up inside him like Bruce does. He's not a time bomb ticking towards insanity, the way it is. You know, withOUT someone messing with his fears.

now thats a point, but freddy still wins. the bend reality freddy can control people bodies and minds and blurr the lines between dreams and reality batman wouldn't even now freddy was comeing.

You guys obviously haven't played Arkham Asylum. He took on an overdose caused by Scarecrow, enough to drive 10 men insane, and won

scarecrow got eaten by killer croc. and scarecrow well my fav. batman villain is weak **** compared to a man so evil that demons gave him his powers because his soul was so twisted. I also remeber posting how no one has survived freddy not even alice. and she had complete control over her dreams.

Freddy is like Superman: you think he can't die, but he has a weakness. Let's not forget Ras Al Ghul, immortal demon. Batman has come back from the dead. Batman survived a broken back. Batman can withstand some of the most powerful people in DC Universe. He's conquered his fears before: "I AM VENGEANCE, I AM THE NIGHT, I AM BATMAN!". People underestimate how powerful he really is because he has no powers. Freddy has a holy water weakness. Batman would probably tear him apart in anger, not fear

no that was some bull about his bones in the dreamworld he can't be beaten again alice how was in complete control of her dreams (shes the dream master) from one moment of weakness thats all it takes for freddy to kill you. He stalked Alice for years before killing her. Becasue he wanted her if he wanted batman he would get batman trust me.

Freddy is like Superman: you think he can't die, but he has a weakness. Let's not forget Ras Al Ghul, immortal demon. Batman has come back from the dead. Batman survived a broken back. Batman can withstand some of the most powerful people in DC Universe. He's conquered his fears before: "I AM VENGEANCE, I AM THE NIGHT, I AM BATMAN!". People underestimate how powerful he really is because he has no powers. Freddy has a holy water weakness. Batman would probably tear him apart in anger, not fear

Okay first of all, I'd like to point out how I've actually played through and beaten Arkham Asylum like four times, soooo...

That's not really the point, though. I am seriously a HARD CORE Batfan, okay? And I argue for him against others all the time, but you have to understand that FREDDY IS A DEMON FROM HELL. Bruce is a guy. A really smart, really strong, really clever guy. But a guy none the less. Okay? There's really not a whole lot he can do about it, if Freddy decides he wants to kill him.

I'd also like to point out how Batman hasn't ever actually come back from the dead. If you had actually read the comics, you'd know that he was sent to a different dimension and not actually killed. Coz he's a ninja. ;)

Batman may be able to defeat Krueger once or twice,but Freddy always gets you. Unlike Jason or Michael Myers,it's not about physical strength with Freddy. It's more mental toughness. And while Batman has that,Krueger could really get into his head and play with the idea of Bruce being responsible for his parents death. The possibilities and torturing and then killing Bats are endless. Welcome to my nightmare....

I have one Q. how many nightmares have you seen. becasue I've seen

A nightmare on elm street 1
A nightmare on elm street 2 freddy revenge
A nightmare on elm street 3 dream warriors
A nightmare on elm street 4 dream master
A nightmare on elm street 5 drean child
Freddy dead the final nightmare
wes cravens new nightmare
freddy vs jason
A nightmare on elm street 2010

I have read a ton of freddy comics books wrote my own story with ch. trust me he would **** batman good.

Well, I have seen:
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

My experience with Freddy is limited, but from what I have seen, if the dreamer grabs Freddy as he/she wakes up, he gets pulled into the real world. This is how Freddy is drawn into the real world at the climax of Freddy vs Jason. My idea is that Batman uses that technique to pull Freddy into the real world. Freddy is only a reality warper in the dream world. When in the real world, he has no super powers. Thus, once Freddy is ripped out of the dream world into the real world, he has no chance against Batman.

I want to make it not at all uncertain: Batman cannot beat Freddy Krueger in the dream world, the only thing he could do is survive and exit. However, Batman doesn't have to beat him in the dream world, because this is Batman vs Freddy Krueger, not can Batman beat him in the dream world.
Batman would do whatever he could to extradite Freddy from the dream world into the real one where has no more power than you or me. And the A Nightmare on Elm Street films show that it is possible to take him out of the dream world into the real world. If the protagonists of the A Nightmare on Elm Street series can do it, then Batman certainly can. So that is how Batman can win.

This thread is getting interesting.

Indeed it is. The really interesting part is how the outcome flips when the location switches from the dream world to the real world.
In the dream world: Batman cannot win against the invincible Freddy.
In the real world: Freddy gets his ass kicked by Batman.

Yes he'd survive. To be fair though, look at all who have defeated Freddy in his movies and comics.

Last edited:
Batman may be able to defeat Krueger once or twice,but Freddy always gets you. Unlike Jason or Michael Myers,it's not about physical strength with Freddy. It's more mental toughness. And while Batman has that,Krueger could really get into his head and play with the idea of Bruce being responsible for his parents death. The possibilities and torturing and then killing Bats are endless. Welcome to my nightmare....

Here's the thing: If Freddy is brought into the real world, he can't go back to the dream world until he dies. Batman's not going to kill him, so thus denying Freddy the opportunity to get revenge in his dreams. He can be defeated. The teenagers do it often in the Nightmare films. And Batman can do it even easier than they can.

Yes he'd survive. To be fair though, look at all who have defeated Freddy in his movies.

Agreed. People need to remember that Freddy is only invincible in the dream world. Hell could Freddy even appear in Batman's dreams if Batman doesn't fear him? I don't think he can. Batman could stop him just by overcoming any fear of Freddy. Hell, that was actually meant to be ending of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahah. Batyman vs Feddy, I'd have never imagined that.

Well, I have seen:
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

My experience with Freddy is limited, but from what I have seen, if the dreamer grabs Freddy as he/she wakes up, he gets pulled into the real world. This is how Freddy is drawn into the real world at the climax of Freddy vs Jason. My idea is that Batman uses that technique to pull Freddy into the real world. Freddy is only a reality warper in the dream world. When in the real world, he has no super powers. Thus, once Freddy is ripped out of the dream world into the real world, he has no chance against Batman.

I want to make it not at all uncertain: Batman cannot beat Freddy Krueger in the dream world, the only thing he could do is survive and exit. However, Batman doesn't have to beat him in the dream world, because this is Batman vs Freddy Krueger, not can Batman beat him in the dream world.
Batman would do whatever he could to extradite Freddy from the dream world into the real one where has no more power than you or me. And the A Nightmare on Elm Street films show that it is possible to take him out of the dream world into the real world. If the protagonists of the A Nightmare on Elm Street series can do it, then Batman certainly can. So that is how Batman can win.

Yeah i agree with you that in the dream world freddy is doomed hands down, but If you've seen freddy dead the final nightmare you would see that you don't have to fear freddy for him to get you.

Okay I need to explain what goes on in this movie: Freddy kills every kid in springwood and drives the people in the town insane. Now freddy is trying to leave springwood so he gets the help of a young man to help him. In this film freddy brings people from one place to anouther place by using there dreams, He also bends reality and takes control of people and brainwashes people. Also there is a scene where they take him out of the dreamworld and he's crawling on the ceiling like spider man so I wouldn't say he has no powers in the realworld.

Batman dies a horrible death. In the dream world Freddy is a high level reality warper. He's even shown the ability to override lucid dreams.

If you take plot induced stupidity out of the equation, Batman dies.

Batman could survive if he took freddy out of the dream world, but thats weak freddy not upper powerful bend reality freddy witch were supposed to be talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"