Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash Comic Series'

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to the game here but has anyone read Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash or its superior sequel Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors?

The first part of each (follow the links after that) can be found here in quasi-motion comic form:

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAiXxokI3oA

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors:
http://tinyurl.com/9k3pdle

I really enjoyed these reads; particularly the second one. The first one takes place directly after the events of Freddy vs. Jason and the second one right after that. The writers of this series pride themselves on maintaining the "original continuity" of the three film series; and they do a great job of explaining how they are all intertwined and answer questions left open from prior films. They also bring in a whole host of "survivor" characters from ANOES and F13; including a militant Tommy Jarvis.

If you are a fan of the original continuity (F13 Parts 1-9, ANOES 1-6, and TED 1-3) you will thoroughly enjoy these IMHO. Besides who wouldn't want to see Freddy send Jason out to lead an army of Deadites to attack the White House?

Films referenced and characters appear from:
Friday the 13th Part 1-9
A Nightmare on Elm St. 1-6
The Evil Dead 1-3
Vs. Trilogy: Freddy vs. Jason, FvJvA, FvJvA: The Nightmare Warriors

Considered Elseworld Tales:
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Jason X
My Name is Bruce

Reboot Elseworld Continuity:
Friday the 13th (2009)
A Nightmare on Elm St. (2010)
The Evil Dead (2013)

I seem to missing the sixth issue of the first series, but I thought both were pretty good regardless. Some of the covers were cool too.

I loved the comics, even though they pissed me off by beating me to the punch of a horror mash up. :o

Though I gotta disagree with the opening post; The first series was vastly superior to Nightmare Warriors. Halfway through the Nightmare Warriors, it just got really random and choppy.

I read the first series, and it was pretty fun. I can't quite remember what happened and such, but I remember the enjoyment. Didn't even know there was a second series, may have to check it out.

I loved the comics, even though they pissed me off by beating me to the punch of a horror mash up. :o

Though I gotta disagree with the opening post; The first series was vastly superior to Nightmare Warriors. Halfway through the Nightmare Warriors, it just got really random and choppy.

I liked the first one for sure but I liked the over the top, sci-fi, and the embracing of the continuity of The Nightmare Warriors better. The first one, while fun, was basically FvJ2. The sequel was just plain unique and insane.

Oh I did too, I mean the worst parts were no worse than the bad parts than the movies, so it didn't bother me much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"