Battle Creek - Vince Gilligan/David Shore Detective Drama Gets Series Order

I am SO watching this Gilligan can do NO wrong in my book after BB and BCS.

I hope Gilligan's working on two shows at the same time doesn't interfere with the quality of both. I'd hate to see BCS go down the tubes because Gilligan is too busy to devote sufficient attention to it.

Gilligan isn't working on this. He wrote the pilot years before BrBa and it was sitting in the vault until CBS dug it out. Now it's David Shore's show.

Begins tonight

so how was it?... anything with Dean Winters in it SHOULD be a good thing...

Honestly? It was decent, nothing special yet.

I know it's the purpose of the that Russ and Milt are totally different, but the pilot overpowered how different in my mind. Milt was annoying. His "everything I do works, even though I'm too humble to admit it" persona annoyed me a lot. I literally shouted, "Come on!" at some of the things he did. Again, it's the point of the show that he is like that, but I was rooting for Russ the whole time, and he barely did anything to help solve the case.

Yeah, this was kind of eh. No different than pretty much every other CBS procedural, aside from the fact that they start out so low-tech.

Well from that 1.0 it pulled in, I don't see it staying around for long.

Well from that 1.0 it pulled in, I don't see it staying around for long.
Considering its lead-in didn't do much better, I'd say it wasn't entirely BC's fault for the low rating because it wasn't all that far off from what CSI did in its season finale. I'd say that CBS just has a problem with their schedule after 9 PM on Sundays. Heck, it didn't seem like any show did that well even though Sunday nights are supposedly when there are the most viewers available.

Last edited:
3 eps in and it's pretty bland stuff so far, not sure I see this lasting beyond one season.

Not a huge surprise, it's pretty dull.

Dean Winters was wasting his talents in this... no big loss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"