Better Call Saul! - Breaking Bad Spinoff A Go At AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the episode ended I screamed "NOOO!!!". That has never happened to me in a long time.

That's the big distinction. We as the audience may or may not like Chuck, he certainly lacks Jimmy's charm, but he does everything by the book and -whether we like what he's doing or not- within the confines of the law. They have common factors, they're both intelligent and ambitious, they both seek success and (for better or worse) take pride in what they do and how they do it. It might only be one or two traits that separate Jimmy and Chuck, but the decision to obey the law or not to makes for a huge divide.

I've actually detected a twinge of jealousy in Chuck this season, particularly in the flashbacks. I think there's an unacknowledged part of him that envies Jimmy's way with people and his charisma and that probably is apart of the enmity he has toward him.

I've actually detected a twinge of jealousy in Chuck this season, particularly in the flashbacks. I think there's an unacknowledged part of him that envies Jimmy's way with people and his charisma and that probably is apart of the enmity he has toward him.

I agree. The scene with Chuck's (ex?) wife was particularly telling. Jimmy advertised as being uncouth, then charming -only for Chuck to try and keep up and fail miserably.

I love how layered and deep the characters are, specially in Jimmy and Chuck's relationship. There's some powerful writing in there.

This episode......

damn that ending lol

it might replace walking dead for wasted gif
Czypoiq1.gif

I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode! Tension out the wazoo!

I love Kim so much. I went from passive to hate last year, now she's awesome...

i love how kim knows jimmy dd it but isn't pissed because chuck is the reason she lost Mesa Verde in the first place

There was so many layers to that scene it's incredible. It pretty much felt like a court case scene.

Kim ripping Chuck a new one is what I've needed since forever. I don't care if he's right in this instance, they almost certainly wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't been sabotaging his brother's attempts at going straight (for years!) and being two-faced as hell about it.

Kim ripping Chuck a new one is what I've needed since forever. I don't care if he's right in this instance, they almost certainly wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't been sabotaging his brother's attempts at going straight (for years!) and being two-faced as hell about it.

Bingo.

Last night's episode was fantastic. I loved Chuck's joint metaphorical and literal fall. And of course, Kim's drop the mic moment was wonderful [an aside: I gave a shout out to Rhea Seehorn on Twitter for that scene, and she favorited it. Made my morning.] Plus, the scenes of Jimmy working with his film crew are always an excellent slice of comedy. I am looking forward to seeing the final commercial, haha.

Was that Mike's regular car? They definitely showed how visible it was, to the point that during the episode I was thinking it must be a beater he'd gotten for this job. Very sloppy if it's his car.

That whole scene at the copy center was so tense. I definitely did NOT want Jimmy to get caught. I like it too how it was Kim who warned him about it. I love Kim so much. Her smack down of Chuck was a fist bump moment. Yeah, Chuck was right in this instance but he needed that scolding. I go back and forth with Chuck but seeing him stumble during that court hearing (or whatever that's called) over the address was so satisfying.

Is it too crazy to say that this show is on the same (or even higher) level of brilliance of Breaking Bad, or is it too early, or even wrong? Cause I'm loving the hell out of this show.

We all know how it plays out, but seeing how intricate the journey is to Breaking Bad makes it viable.

Jimmy had better hope that neither of those school administrators sees his face in the commercial.

Anyway, excellent episode. Season 2, after a strong start, has been rather disappointing for me, but it least it ought to end well.

I assume Chuck will recover. Kim's comment that Chuck isn't an enemy you want to have wasn't made for nothing. Speaking of, it's hard to imagine someone as savvy as Jimmy not knowing that he should get to the Kinko's employee first.

They posted the Insider Podcast for 209. Can't wait to listen to it. :up:

Damn, the best episode yet! That ending.

Also despite Chuck sabotaging Jimmy these past two seasons for trying to go straight, in a way I still don't blame him because we still don't know everything that happened between them over the years. Chuck seems like a guy who did give Jimmy many chances over the years and that's when Jimmy ****ed kept ****ing up, hence why Chuck lost his faith in him. I don't blame him if that's the case. So when Jimmy is finally trying to go straight, it's bad timing for both, but i creates great, layered conflict.

That being said, Chuck did push him to this, but there's more going on beneath the surface.

Was that Mike's regular car? They definitely showed how visible it was, to the point that during the episode I was thinking it must be a beater he'd gotten for this job. Very sloppy if it's his car.

It was a different car. Mike covered all the bases to not get caught. The only reason Nacho was able to implicate him is because he knew him personally. That being said, Mike was a bit naive to think that he could sick the police on the operation and take down Hector without repercussion. And his revenge plan ended up getting a good Samaritan killed, just as Jimmy's revenge plan might have gotten his brother killed.

This isn't the "full measure" Mike we see in BrBa. This is "half-measure" Mike on his downward journey just as Jimmy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"