Bayonetta 2

Exclusive damn! :csad:

Guess this is the kind of thing wii U will need to do to capture some of Sony/MS market share. Good move by them.

There were rumors a few months ago that the game had been canceled (PS3/360) and that Sega basically gave up on it. Not sure how much work was put in to it before it was canceled, but it must have looked good enough to Nin to put some pub money behind it.

Looks like Nintendo is doing for this, what square did for Sleeping Dogs. all publisher be forward if your one of those that 'll mess with certain studio's on certain new ip in development. It looks like Nintendo will take it from you. So stop fooling around with your triple A games and screwing dev studio's over.

They might not take that any more and move it to some one that knows the games deserve better treatment, if not put out that new ip them selves and make you look bad in the process.

Last edited:
There were rumors a few months ago that the game had been canceled (PS3/360) and that Sega basically gave up on it. Not sure how much work was put in to it before it was canceled, but it must have looked good enough to Nin to put some pub money behind it.

I don't think they gave up on it necessarily, I just think they dropped it as a result of their bad financial situation. Sega probably didn't want to pump more money into a game or company that isn't known for huge sales.

I will be getting it. That whole game was basically one big tongue in cheek jab at games that feature all those archetypes, more or less Sega paying homage and poking fun at them.

some how if this sells more under Nintendo cause most people heard how cool it was cause of the first even if it was considered niche by some it'll really look bad on them, Really Really bad. and sega will be in an even worse state.

I don't think they gave up on it necessarily, I just think they dropped it as a result of their bad financial situation. Sega probably didn't want to pump more money into a game or company that isn't known for huge sales.

That's probably right. Bottom line either way is that the game was not going to see the light of day unless someone (Nintendo in this case) saved it.

This now makes four Platinum games that are exclusive to Nintendo systems. The upcoming two, launch titles no less, are published and bankrolled by Nintendo. They clearly see a lot of talent and potential in Platinum. This sort of makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo might have bigger plans for them in the future.

Nintendo exclusive, eh? My friend is going to be happy about this.

Well it does suck that B2 is an exclusive. But it's better than no second Bayonetta game. Chances are I was going to get a Wii U at the first sign of a game that got me interested. I guess Bayonetta 2 is that game.

Gonintendo has an article with gamer responses to Kamiya's twitter about Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to Wii U. Obviously, I can't link it because of language, but it's hilarious.

:lmao:

^I saw a spoof video of those same responses. It's hilarious and really shows how idiotic those people sound. lol Do a Youtube search for a video called Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over It by Miles923.

Last edited:
^I saw a spoof video of those same responses. It's hilarious and really shows how idiotic those people sound. lol Do a Youtube search for a video called
Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over Itby Miles923.
When I get home from work, I'll definitely have to check it out.

I think I know what video that is, and it's pretty great.

"I'M SO MAD AT VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW!" :hehe:

The vast majority still only buy one platform each gen. I think multiplat games going exclusive is terrible for those who are invested and can't afford to change, without giving up all the other exclusive franchises they are invested in. Having said that it's unfortunately exactly what Nintendo need to do.

Nintendo saved Platinum from death. That is all there is to it.

Probably not too far from the truth. (Though Kojima helped too.)

Nintendo saved Platinum from death. That is all there is to it.

Ya Sega would not publish it. I mean fans can act like little kids all they want, but it comes down to this. Did you want a sequel to this game or not? This was probably the only way it was going to be made (of course there may have been exceptions but we will never know).

Ya some will have to get the console for it, but seriously it's better this, than absolutely nothing. But let them cry their heads off, it's suitable for today's world, base everything off of pure emotion, screw facts.

some how if this sells more under Nintendo cause most people heard how cool it was cause of the first even if it was considered niche by some it'll really look bad on them, Really Really bad. and sega will be in an even worse state.
I don't think it'll make Sega look bad. The deal Sega had with Platinum Games just wasn't very lucrative for Sega with Bayonetta, Vanquish, and MadWorld either bombing or just not selling well enough for Sega's time and effort. As a matter in fact, if Sega decided to continue on with their relationship with Platinum Games, investors would probably be pissed considering their rather horrid financial state. Nintendo on the other hand has better resources and more motivation to make Bayonetta 2 a success than Sega did, so I don't think that many people would be looking down on Sega for turning down Bayonetta 2, even if it does become a hit.

And honestly, if it weren't for Nintendo and Kojima Productions, Platinum Games probably wouldn't be long for this world.

This now makes four Platinum games that are exclusive to Nintendo systems. The upcoming two, launch titles no less, are published and bankrolled by Nintendo. They clearly see a lot of talent and potential in Platinum. This sort of makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo might have bigger plans for them in the future.
If Nintendo were smart, they'd acquire Platinum Games.

I don't think it'll make Sega look bad. The deal Sega had with Platinum Games just wasn't very lucrative for Sega with Bayonetta, Vanquish, and MadWorld either bombing or just not selling well enough for Sega's time and effort. As a matter in fact, if Sega decided to continue on with their relationship with Platinum Games, investors would probably be pissed considering their rather horrid financial state. Nintendo on the other hand has better resources and more motivation to make Bayonetta 2 a success than Sega did, so I don't think that many people would be looking down on Sega for turning down Bayonetta 2, even if it does become a hit.

And honestly, if it weren't for Nintendo and Kojima Productions, Platinum Games probably wouldn't be long for this world.
Don't worry I'm aware of all this. i was screwing around when said that. I did say in another thread I 'm sure it was the Alpha protocol one that Sega hasn't been the same due to financial reasons and sorry to say bad leader ship too with certain pub heads and dev head/ leads in there. I'm happy kojima pro helped save them.

Last edited:
Nooo. Then there would be no more MGR. :[
Typically when companies get acquired by a parent company, previous contractual obligations are still in place. Like how Disney didn't just come in and take the movie rights to Spider-Man from Sony when they acquired Marvel.

Considering that the game is almost finished, all the money that Konami put into the game, and the simple fact that contractual agreements were made, Nintendo buying Platinum Games would most likely mean nothing for Metal Gear Solid Rising.

I don't think Zelda would be a good fit for them, HOWEVER Hideki Kamiya has said that his "dream game" would be to make a new Star Fox.
Star Fox would be awesome under Platinum Games. And the best place for Platinum Games if they were acquired by Nintendo is to just keep doing what they're already doing, working on games like MadWorld, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"