BBC's Jekyll

Monsieur Xavier

In Vino Veritas
Reaction score
Hi,

Wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jekyll_(TV_series)

Does anyone saw this TV show ? It has been broadcasted on Arte channel ( French / German channel ) recently ( last episode was yesterday ).

I enjoyed the show, the actor who plays Jekyll and Hyde is amazing, the transformation is subtle, very few visual effect but you can really see the differences ( in acting ) between Jekyll and his counterpart.

It also feature Michelle Ryan ( the bionic woman ) which is a plus for me as I appreciate her plastic, she also display more acting skills than in bionic woman ( I didn't saw her other show ).

Yeah, I watched it a couple years ago when the BBC originally aired it. It was okay, my main problem with was Nesbitt's performance. His Jekyll was fine but he really messed up mr. Hyde, IMO.
That character is supposed to be twisted evil personified, a real sick bastard and Nesbitt played him like The Mask or something.
Also the ending was a little dumb...

I am no expert on Hyde but I would think that he is more a man without the boundaries of conscience than evil incarnated.
I can understand your reference to The Mask, he was a bit like that but without the humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"