Transporter: The Series

Reaction score
Transporter: The Series is an upcoming action television series, based on the Transporter film series by Luc Besson. It is co-produced by HBO, HBO Canada, French TV-channel M6 and German television company RTL,[2] which, with the exception of HBO, will also air the series. In the United States Cinemax instead will air the series.

Chris Vance is starring as Frank Martin,[3] replacing Jason Statham, who played the character in The Transporter film series. Hungarian actress Andrea Osvárt is set to play the leading female role in the series,[3] starring as a former CIA agent and love interest for Frank Martin, organizing his missions.

Joining the cast is François Berléand, who will reprise his role as Inspector Tarconi from The Transporter film series. [1]

Originally Canadian TV veterans Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie known for their work on the Stargate Universe served as show runners. According to The Hollywood Reporter they were replaced after two episodes by British director Steve Shill (Dexter, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, The Tudors) and Canadian veteran supervising producer Karen Wookey (Andromeda, Mutant X). [4]

The pilot was directed by long-time Lost director Stephen Williams. [1] Among the directors working on the show we can find, Bruce McDonald (Degrassi: The Next Generation, Queer as Folk) and Andy Mikita, known for working on several shows from the Stargate Universe and SyFy's Sanctuary. The only writer who has been confirmed so far is Carl Binder, also a Stargate Universe alumnus.

One dozen episodes have been ordered for 2012 with a budget of $43 million.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporter:_The_Series

This could be total crap. But I hope it's good. :(
I thought the movies were jolly good fun.

there's no way that actor can pull off the cool badass of Statam. Plus he has hair? Will this be a prequel?

Chris was pretty good in Prison Break and Burn Notice.

there's no way that actor can pull off the cool badass of Statam. Plus he has hair? Will this be a prequel?

His balding shaven head was a distinguishable feature. Now he kind of just looks like a Daniel Craig clone.
Still, could be good. As long as they keep it in the spirit of the movies not too serious with overblown action sequences.

transporterexelitesolda.jpg

The movies could barely hold together for a 90 minute plot, how are they going to create a lasting TV series.

I have no hope for this...
Loved the first movie...the other two were horrible....I don't see how they can pull off all the stunts on a tv show.

Thanks for posting the trailer.

After seeing it, I'm not as interested in this show as I was before. It looked sort of blah. Perhaps if this was a different character than Statham's I might be into it more. This guy just didn't have Statham's coolness or swagger.

In any event I hope the show does well. I would give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"