Bean II Begins...

black_dust

FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!
Reaction score
Working Title Films in association with Tiger Aspect is delighted to announce that BEAN II starring Rowan Atkinson will commence principal photography on May 15th. The film is directed by Steve Bendelack from a screenplay by Robin Driscoll and Hamish McColl based on a story by Simon McBurney and is produced by Peter Bennett-Jones, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner. Universal Pictures will release the film worldwide.

Mr Bean is heading to the South of France for a simple holiday in the sun. His voyage from London to the Riviera soon transcends into one of mischief and mayhem as he inadvertently creates havoc wherever he goes culminating in an unscheduled and riotous screening of his own video diary at the Cannes Film Festival.

The character of Bean, created by Rowan Atkinson and Richard Curtis, was first launched on British television by Tiger in 1990. It gained such popularity and success the shows were sold in over 200 countries and in 1997 the film Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie was released grossing over $270 million worldwide. Now 15 years later, Mr Bean remains one of the most recognised and popular characters ever created as new young generations discover his unique comic style and limited vocabulary in both live and animated form.

Rowan Atkinson has written and starred in some of the most memorable and successful British television series ever created including 'Not the Nine O'Clock News', 'Blackadder', 'The Thin Blue Line' as well as 'Mr Bean'. He played the title character of 'Johnny English', a film which enjoyed worldwide box office success, and has appeared in numerous films including 'Love Actually', 'Keeping Mum', 'Scooby-Doo', 'Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie' and 'Four Weddings And A Funeral'.

Steve Bendelack made his feature film directing debut with 'The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse' following a successful career in television where he directed some of the UK's most acclaimed and award-winning comedy series including 'Little Britain', 'French and Saunders', 'The Royle Family', 'The League of Gentlemen' and 'Spitting Image'.

http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/newsArticle.php?newsID=117
Seems an ok plot, but Bean was an ok film so i have no idea what this will be like. Bring back Black Adder dammit!:mad:

Reminds me I need to get the dvd boxset of the show

It's interesting that principal photography wiil commence on May 15th,that is two days before the opening of the Festival. The hypothetical rise of the steps of Mr. Bean is to be watched for...

Well its about time they did another Bean movie. I love Mr Bean. lol. Though the last movie was just rehashed stuff from the TV show only set in America.

i want to see Black Adder with Richard Coyle a Rowan Atkinson cameo would be great infact if there ever was a son of bean well here he is folks

cass.jpg

10142.jpg

man anyone else pissed of when they got rid of jeff in couplings?

patrickbateman said:
i want to see Black Adder with Richard Coyle a Rowan Atkinson cameo would be great infact if there ever was a son of bean well here he is folks

No no no! Its got to be Rowen, Tony, and Steven Fry, Maybe Hue as well but he is busy with House :p Who am i kidding its never going to happen:(

Bean is not Rowan Atkinson's best work in my opinion. Black Adder and The Thin Blue Line are much better.

Must.....................have....................more............bean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Tsunulia said:
Must.....................have....................more............bean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
are you on the toilet?

The genius of Rowan Atkinson is that he can do any type of comedy equally succesfully. He is a master of verbal gags and wit, as shown in Blackadder, but just as talented with the physical, almost silent comedy of Mr Bean.

Can't think of anyone else who can do both so well.

I love Mr. Bean and though the first film was pretty good. Hopefully this will be even better.

patrickbateman said:
man anyone else pissed of when they got rid of jeff in couplings?

I was. Stopped watching it pretty soon after that. That New Guy sucked. I don't even know how the series ended.

And Black Adder is SO much better than Bean. :up:

Bean III seems to be a never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"