Because you asked for it!

Yeah, I saw this a couple of days ago. Of all the Wolverine books on the market, this one seems like it'll be the most fun. Plus it's got Adrea Di Vito art. Is it needed? No. But Jeff Parker is a fun writer and Di Vito is a solid artist.

Yeah, I saw this a couple of days ago. Of all the Wolverine books on the market, this one seems like it'll be the most fun. Plus it's got Adrea Di Vito art. Is it needed? No. But Jeff Parker is a fun writer and Di Vito is a solid artist.
Parker isn't writing :o

Ha. Yeah, I get he and Van Lente mixed up. Van Lente's just as good, in my opinion. His MODOK's 11 mini was great. :up:

Some Di Vito art from the series:
WolvieFirstClass001_col.jpg
WolvieFirstClass002_col.jpg

His Wolverine is fantastic. I'll give you that. But I still hate the fact that Wolverine is getting another book :cmad:

Alright, well you've made your opinion known. You don't like the idea and you won't be buying it. You can leave now. :up:

Awesome. :)

Here's the cover to issue #1. I like Di Vito's art a lot better.
WFC001_COV_fnl_col.jpg

I will be buying it because of this:
Newsarama said:
NRAMA: Is it set in continuity? In the past (like X-Men: First Class) or present?

FVL: The first eight issues of Wolverine First Class are set between the end of X-Men #138 and [Uncanny] #150, so in continuity, in the period right after Jean Grey's funeral and Kitty Pryde's arrival at Xavier's School. Cyclops had left the team at this point, and Storm had become leader.

When we hit #9, I think I'll pick up upon Cyclops' return, but I'd need to research that era some more before I commit to anything.
The "First Class" subtitle is now going to be confusing, since I think X-Men: First Class is set in the Marvel Adventures continuity while this series will be set in 616 continuity, but old-school adventures chronicling Wolvie and Kitty's early relationship should be fun. Plus, with Van Lente and Di Vito, you really can't go wrong. 2 last names = 2 times the creative juice, apparently. :)

Precisely. But the X-Men: First Class book is set in past 616 continuity, if I'm not mistaken, as this book will be. At any rate, it sounds like a ton of fun.

I'm loving those electricity effects. As much as I dislike Wolverine, I'm liking the team on it, so I might *Grasps chest, and takes heart medication* check it out.

It sounds good to me. After Jason Aaron's run on Wolverine proper, I'll probably drop that book altogether and just pick this one up.

On a side note, I've been hearing (mainly from Dread's reviews) that X-Men: First Class is worth picking up. I may have to give that book a shot, too.

Whaaaaaaaat a third Wolverine title?! *chills for 5 minutes and reads things over* huh....may be interesting. I wonder how it'll be in the long run. Hopefully a fun ride.

I'll admit, I rolled my eyes when I read the story on Newsarama. Then I saw the image of Kitty in the black and yellow costume with Lockheed close by and nostalgia took over. :)

Hippie Hunter may have made that title sarcastically, but I have been asking for this.

I have to admit, I always liked the Kitty/Wolvie dynamic from back then, and Divito is a solid artist. I'm in.

I wanna see the rest of the X-Men from this era drawn by Di Vito. Oh God, if Van Lente does a storyarc with Logan, Kitty and Kurt going on a mission, I'll buy 3 copies.

Precisely. But the X-Men: First Class book is set in past 616 continuity, if I'm not mistaken, as this book will be. At any rate, it sounds like a ton of fun.
I thought someone confirmed that First Class is in Marvel Adventures continuity. :confused:

No, Parker actually addressed it in a recent interview and confirmed that it is in full 616 continuity.

So they're basically just taking artistic liberty with the costumes and telling new tales around the extant 616 stories?

I suppose I ought to give X-Men: First Class a try as well, then. :o I think I recall something about Thor guest-starring in an arc. That seems like a great place to start. :)

Dread likes it. The art looks simple and colorful. I've been debating trying it out for a while now. I was basically waiting to see if it got canceled or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"