Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball and softball are only really played in the USA and Asia,perhaps a bit of Cuba also. Hardly enough to be bothered with Europe's time,but I can understand why some would want it there. If only one could be brought back,then baseball. Just tell the American baseball players who make millions of dollars,to stop for a moment and join their team. The NBA players are doing it for the Basketball team,and it's great to watch.

The IOC is a decent agency,but I think the real overhaul should come in Boxing. That's just plain wrong,the score system needs to be completely redone. But what should it be? I think some Boxing fans need to speak up..

As for what is Olypmic,and what's not. People have no say,these athletes spend years preparing for these games. Some people who are most likely fat and ugly,shouldn't dicate what is and is not in the games. Some work,and never get a medal. So just stop being ungrateful.

Baseball and softball are only really played in the USA and Asia,perhaps a bit of Cuba also. Hardly enough to be bothered with Europe's time,but I can understand why some would want it there. If only one could be brought back,then baseball. Just tell the American baseball players who make millions of dollars,to stop for a moment and join their team. The NBA players are doing it for the Basketball team,and it's great to watch.

The NBA Players aren't taking time off from their season though. MLB Owners would never allow it as they put too much $$$$ into these players and to have one get hurt would be costly. The NHL has had issues with that. Shut down the season for 2 weeks and then your superstar goes down with an injury and costs your team big time when the season starts up again. It happened with Dominic Hasek when he ripped his groin.

I say all the sports should go back to amateur competition. If you get paid to play then go get paid, the Olympics should be for none professionals.

Anyone watching U.S.A. vs. Spain...?

am i the only one watching this game?

4th quarter..spain down by FREAKING 2

and HOW ABOUT RUDY FERNANDEZ posterize DUNK on Dwight Howard

ONE OF THE BEST INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL GAMES EVER!

wow

If my boy Calderon was playing...This game would be game over...

...Looks like silver for the Spaniards...

Does this "Redeem Team"...Suddenly become a "Dream Team"...Now...?

Does this "Redeem Team"...Suddenly become a "Dream Team"...Now...?

i dont think so.

The US were just on fire from the 3 point line...but Spain was without calderon and rudy fernandez was in foul trouble about half the game.

I started to root for spain after that 3 by rudy to cut the lead to 2 and OMG that dunk over dwight howard was godly.

This has been a great year for spain and man if they brought a gold in basketball then that country would have been on a ultimate high

but it wasnt meant to be....1992 is still the dream team, this US team did bring back the gold but seriously, they could have easily lost it here

The 2008 Olympics ended Sunday with Team USA reclaiming the final gold medal. But redemption on the Beijing hardwood didn't come easy as Spain gave the U.S. all it wanted, 118-107.

Yeah...I really wanted Spain to win...If only Calderon played...A win for the Spaniards would of been in he cards...Say Calderon had 11 points, 7 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals...The way the game went...Easy win for Spain...And trust me...Jose is easily capable of those numbers and then some...Coming from a Toronto fan...

Good Olympics overall... sort of fizzled out during the end... but it gave audiences all they could muster. Kinda wish I was able to catch more events.

Boris Johnson :up:

Legend

boris_narrowweb__300x3470.jpg

The IOC is a decent agency,but I think the real overhaul should come in Boxing. That's just plain wrong,the score system needs to be completely redone. But what should it be? I think some Boxing fans need to speak up..

As for what is Olypmic,and what's not. People have no say,these athletes spend years preparing for these games. Some people who are most likely fat and ugly,shouldn't dicate what is and is not in the games. Some work,and never get a medal. So just stop being ungrateful.

Baseball and softball have been voted out due to anti-US sentiment on the board and the IOC's need to appease the world, nothing more and nothing less....the IOC is a corrupt agency and needs a drastic drastic overhaul

Baseball and softball have been voted out due to anti-US sentiment on the board and the IOC's need to appease the world, nothing more and nothing less....the IOC is a corrupt agency and needs a drastic drastic overhaul

Without the best players in baseball playing in the Olympics, what was the point of having it in the Olympics in the first place? I never understood that. Baseball is better off without the Olympics anyways.

D-Wade, to me at least was the MVP of these Olympics. Sure Kobe had some big shots at the end, but he was disgustingly inconsistent. D-Wade off the bench was lighting it up.

*hometown bias*

Without the best players in baseball playing in the Olympics, what was the point of having it in the Olympics in the first place? I never understood that. Baseball is better off without the Olympics anyways.

They have college kids and amateurs...I always liked that aspect of it...these kids are getting an opportunity to represent their country, it's not something that should just be limited to professional athletes....

Is it too soon for an 2012 Men's United States Basketball Team? I would assume that there would be some new additions to the squad by that time (Kevin Durant, Possibly Greg Oden and whoever emerges as the studs from this year's rookie class). The only one who won't be returning in 2012 for certain is Jason Kidd.

Team USA ftw in hooping. Just try and stop us, rest of the world. :o

USA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back