Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some debate between which country 'won' regarding the medals. I've been visiting the BBC website for my Olympics news and then yesterday I went on the NBC site and found that USA was at the top of the medal table, whereas on the BBC website China was on top.

It seems USA are thinking that the winner in the one with the most medals, where as the BBC are going by 'most golds'. I'm going with the BBC because if you are going by most medals won you are saying that a gold medal is equal to a bronze medal. By the NBC system, a country who won 4 bronze medals would be on top of a country who won 3 gold medals, when in fact 3 gold medals would be a bigger achievement.

Here are five alternate medal tables if you take different things into account.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7576446.stm

crap..no more misty may/kerri walsh/ lolo jones( I'd do sooo many things to her)..sighs

Well, now that this is over, I can turn my attention to the NCAA football games that last all ****in' night on ESPN. Bring it on.

crap..no more misty may/kerri walsh/ lolo jones( I'd do sooo many things to her)..sighs

Actually, we'll be seeing more of Misty May soon. She's on the new season of Dancing with the Stars.

There has been some debate between which country 'won' regarding the medals. I've been visiting the BBC website for my Olympics news and then yesterday I went on the NBC site and found that USA was at the top of the medal table, whereas on the BBC website China was on top.

It seems USA are thinking that the winner in the one with the most medals, where as the BBC are going by 'most golds'. I'm going with the BBC because if you are going by most medals won you are saying that a gold medal is equal to a bronze medal. By the NBC system, a country who won 4 bronze medals would be on top of a country who won 3 gold medals, when in fact 3 gold medals would be a bigger achievement.

Here are five alternate medal tables if you take different things into account.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7576446.stm

I think going by number of gold medals is most common and that's what the official site for the olympic games are going by.

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml

3 athletes on Dancing with the Stars this season....Misty May Treanor, Warren Sapp, and Maurice Greene

This has been a terrific Olympic, from the spectacular opening ceremony to Phelps winning 8 gold, and men's basketball finally avenged Athens and won gold again. I'd be interested to see how London do the Olympics, but I'm certain that it won't be as good as China has done this year.

maybe we get lucky and she breaks an ankle...or neck....calling her a hack is an insult to hacks....she is just a waste of space

maybe we get lucky and she breaks an ankle...or neck....calling her a hack is an insult to hacks....she is just a waste of space

She's going to end up cheating on her boyfriend, the overrated Saints RB Reggie Bush, assuming she hasn't already.

Looks like some of the Olympians are making the talk show rounds this week:

THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO, NBC

Mo 8/25: Sen. John McCain, Dara Torres, Juliana Hatfield
Tu 8/26: Norm MacDonald, Nastia Liukin, B.B. King

LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS

Tu 8/26: Bryan Clay, Don Cheadle, Little Anthony and the Imperials
We 8/27: Kerri Walsh & Misty May-Treanor, Neil Patrick Harris, Nas

dara torres, kerri/misty....woohooooo

I wish kim will break her hip,collarbone..... something

There will probably be more talk show appearances from the Olympians.

I feel sorry for Nastia, coming on after Norm McDonald, who I find to be a bit weird (he's funny, but weird).

I may have to catch Nastia on Leno, or on Youtube. I think she can definitely become a celebrity with her good looks and her gold medal.

This has been a terrific Olympic, from the spectacular opening ceremony to Phelps winning 8 gold, and men's basketball finally avenged Athens and won gold again. I'd be interested to see how London do the Olympics, but I'm certain that it won't be as good as China has done this year.

Yeah we are not gonna top Beijing in terms of show. We got human rights, minimum wage and we haven't got billions of dollars to throw away to make everyone think how great we are and not think about of the oppressive stuff we are doing.

The best London can do is put their own spin on things.

Yeah we are not gonna top Beijing in terms of show. We got human rights, minimum wage and we haven't got billions of dollars to throw away to make everyone think how great we are and not think about of the oppressive stuff we are doing.

The best London can do is put their own spin on things.
I agree, we dont need to do the same as Beijing because that was all about anouncing China as the next Superpower to the World and we dont need to do that. The Ceromonies were Spectacular and they should have been with the amount of money thrown at them, but one thing i thought was lacking was a sense of Fun....

I agree, we dont need to do the same as Beijing because that was all about anouncing China as the next Superpower to the World and we dont need to do that. The Ceromonies were Spectacular and they should have been with the amount of money thrown at them, but one thing i thought was lacking was a sense of Fun....

BoJo will bring the laughs for certain

The fact that I was seriously worried he was going to f*** up at the closing ceremony told me something about my faith in BoJo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"