Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only praise the home country when we win sports. Everything else, whatever.

Boris Johnson :up:

Legend

boris_narrowweb__300x3470.jpg

absolutely. He was hilarious at the press conferance talking about how Britain made half the olympic sports including ping pong.

as for the closing ceremony, way to foster stereotypes from the British section! However after all the artistic stuff it was awesome just to hear Led zep's Whole Lotta Love. Rock on! I love my country.

scroll down here for boris' speechhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/london_2012/7577999.stm

D-Wade, to me at least was the MVP of these Olympics. Sure Kobe had some big shots at the end, but he was disgustingly inconsistent. D-Wade off the bench was lighting it up.

*hometown bias*
You from Miami or Chicago?

Olympics sadly come to an end... so sad... o well. 2012 will be here soon enough. Guess it's back to the ****ters for me personally when I head back to college in a week. O well... at least I don't need to work a full time job. Not yet...

The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing was nothing short of amazing. It's sad to see the Olympics go, but it will return in 2012.

:applaud

I feel blessed to have been able to watch and enjoy this.

I hope the 2020 games are in India...I think thats the only country that can top the amount of excitement as this did

I hope the 2020 games are in India...I think thats the only country that can top the amount of excitement as this did

Word. This being in Beijing truly made it special. No disrespect to Britain, but I doubt the Olympics in London, as purely a spectacle event, will top Beijing.

With the exception of the Basketball players and maybe Michael Phelps, most of the American Athletes won't be taking the sports headlines again until at least 2011, well not until after the next few weeks.

Kobe, LeBron, Carmello and the rest of their teammates won't be playing basketball until Training Camps with their respective teams start in a month. The Women won't return to their respective teams until later on in the week.

When compared to the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony was incredibly disappointing. :csad:

The London preview of 2012 was certainly not the least bit impressive... other than Page... that singer (whom I've never heard of before) was awful. India will get the games eventually... hopefully the Moon by 2100... Space Olympiad I... :word:

The London preview of 2012 was certainly not the least bit impressive... other than Page... that singer (whom I've never heard of before) was awful. India will get the games eventually... hopefully the Moon by 2100... Space Olympiad I... :word:

Now that would be interesting! :funny:

When compared to the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony was incredibly disappointing. :csad:

I lol'd at Jackie Chan singing.

Plus, many of the American Athletes who either had events last week or earlier this week already left home. Gymnast Nastia Lukin has been home since Thursday.

Hell, some of the top Tennis players that competed in these games have been in New York all weekend to get ready for the US Open. I saw Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams in a US Open benefit for kids today.

Leona Lewis had a number one in the US too, she's one of Oprah's new BFFs.(black famous friend)

I don't think many people got our segment. The bus stuff was crap but the best parts where what only brits and anglophiles would know like the music played over the ceremony was from stuff like Radio 4, The cricket anthem Jerusalem and even music from Doctor Who! The little girl was chosen by Blue Peter viewers, a show for children that has run since the 70's. It had so much cultural identity but such an identity the rest of the world doesn't know. Now if it was about tea, scones, tweed etc...people may have got it!:o

The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing was nothing short of amazing. It's sad to see the Olympics go, but it will return in 2012.

:applaud

I feel blessed to have been able to watch and enjoy this.

QFT, this Olympics was the best I've ever seen.

Oh Lordy were these Olympics simply fantastic...Best I've seen!

...It's great that Canada picked it up big time in the second half...

...Sad to see it end...Looking forward to London...But not sure if any Summer Olympics could top Beijing though...

Yeah...I was right...And thanks...That's a pretty useful site!

Olympics are over...now we move on to football :up:

Great olympics. I'll miss this stuff, but four years will fly by and it'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"