Being naked

After dealing with bed bugs a couple of years ago, I stay clothed all the time at home.

Naked only when shower and have sex. Don't feel fully comfortable sleeping my genitalia just hanging around.

The people who sleep naked...do you take a shower or bath before you go to bed?

This is really a different discussion on whether people shower/bathe before they go to sleep or when they get up.

The answer to your question is yes - I do take a shower before going to bed.

I find it odd that a number of people only take showers in the morning when they get up, accumulate dirt and sweat throughout the day, but then go to sleep at night with all of that, only to take another shower in the morning to accumulate more dirt and sweat. It means you are never really clean as such in your own home or own bed. It's essentially a filthy place.

I understand that some want to take a shower in the morning to relax, help them wake up, or if they've sweated during the night. That's all well and good. But they should also do so in the evening/ at night too before they go to bed. Otherwise it's like taking a shower before you go to the gym, only to relax/ freshen up before you exercise, and not showering after when you've sweated, but only showering the next time before you're just about to go in the gym so that you can feel relaxed in there again.

I can understand people's concerns about sleeping naked if they think they're going to be sleeping in their filfth and might get all kinds of germs. But that concern mainly can come from the fact that your bed isn't a clean place and that you haven't showered beforehand.

If you don't want to take two showers a day, then I would suggest just having the shower at night when you come home. That seems the most hygenic to me.

Last edited:
The people who sleep naked...do you take a shower or bath before you go to bed?

The better question is, who doesnt shower before bed? I don't think anyone is gonna just come home leaving the road grime from work, gym, etc on, eat dinner, sit around for hours then just go to sleep.

The better question is, who doesnt shower before bed? I don't think anyone is gonna just come home leaving the road grime from work, gym, etc on, eat dinner, sit around for hours then just go to sleep.

Actually I know lots of people like that. Just as I described above, they shower in the morning to "freshen up" and accumulate more dirt throughout the day, and then go to sleep with all of that without washing, only to shower again in the morning and begin the routine once again. That seems rather dumb to me.

Yeah, I saw it. I call those people nasty. They think they don't have to shower because they didnt work out or do anything strenuous that caused them to sweat a lot all day.

That's called being in college. The irony is that the chicks are filthier than the dudes like that.

That's called being in college. The irony is that the chicks are filthier than the dudes like that.

All the people I know who do that are not in college but working. If people go on the subway/ underground train to work (which most people do over here), that's especially filthy.

Maybe for you, but I wasnt a nasty slob in college. Speak for yourself, I never adopted that lax attitude I see many people do. I remember back in finals week my buds and I would move into the library because it was open 24 hours then. Study all day and night when not in class then shower at the gym and go to class/exam.

I usually shower in the morning, but sometimes after work. Frequently, I just throw on a ballcap for work if we aren't having anyone important in, and then shower after the gym. Sometimes I shower twice in one day.

I think the funniest thing in this thread are those that say "naked when having sex".. Isnt that pretty much par for the course? i would just think thats a given and not really needed to explain. lol

Actually I know lots of people like that. Just as I described above, they shower in the morning to "freshen up" and accumulate more dirt throughout the day, and then go to sleep with all of that without washing, only to shower again in the morning and begin the routine once again. That seems rather dumb to me.
My hair takes three hours to dry, even when I blow dry the roots to give it a head start. If I blow dry it until it's bone dry, it would probably take me an hour. That's why I shower in the morning. :oldrazz:

I actually don't even shower every day. Dries my skin out. I take pretty warm showers.

No, I don't sweat very much. I have a low body temperature (hence needing the warm showers) and don't even sweat much when I'm lifting weights at the gym. I'm unable to lift more, if you're asking. :oldrazz: When I was on vacation in Hawaii I did shower every day because I was sweating all the damn time because of the humidity. :funny:

I think you accept what you're used to as normal. I grew up not showering every day. My parents don't. We've never gotten bedsores. Therefore not showering every day is accepted for us. Nobody actually notices. Even my coworker who obsesses about Glade plugins in her house doesn't notice that I don't shower every day. She was even surprised when I told her I don't use deodorant. "Do I smell?" "No, not at all!" So my conclusion is that I think most of us freak out unnecessarily about cleanliness. :oldrazz:

And I rarely get sick too. Dirt and grime is just dirt and grime, it ain't gonna kill you. I do change clothes when I step into the house, though. So it isn't like I'm wearing my dirty clothes to bed. If the world's dirt and grime is getting through your clothes onto your skin, buy thicker clothing. :oldrazz:

Most of the time on the weekends I don't shower until I'm getting ready to do something. There have definitely been some hangover days where it just didn't happen :p

When I had my own place back in the day I never wore clothes! I have kids now so not so much. I don't really like wearing clothes so if I could I would mostly be in my birthday suit. Or a costume! :p
When you think about it, outside of naked, everything is a costume.

Yeah, I saw it. I call those people nasty. They think they don't have to shower because they didnt work out or do anything strenuous that caused them to sweat a lot all day.

I work second shift and have to be up early the next day. If I come home take a shower it wires me up and it takes me three hours to get my hair dry and get to sleep. I don't always have that luxury. In the summer I shower at night because my job makes me extremely dirty, but in the winter I hardly sweat, and with the added clothes I keep dirt off me. Most winter nights I wash and scrub my face. Wipe down my underarms and crotch and go to bed. Full blown shower isn't necessary til the morning. I don't see anything nasty about that. And most research shows bathing in hot water daily does a lot of damage to human skin. Our skin has a natural layer known as a horny layer. It protects the skin from dirt grime, and everyday abrasive. We scrub that off every shower and it has to build back up. Bathing daily doesn't give it time to rebuild. This leads to the overly sensitive skin people complain about. Now, this isn't me saying don't bathe. But if you've laid around the house all day , and aren't going anywhere you dont need to bathe that night. We also do damage to our hair by washing it daily. We strip it of its natural oils. We are living organisms and sometimes what is naturally best for our bodies goes against social standards and is considered taboo. Bathing and washing our hair daily is counterintuitive to what our bodies actually needs. If humans wanted to do the best thing for their bodies they wouldn't bathe or wash their hair daily. I understand this is hard to do but we could get rid of a lot of sensitive skin soaps and all these restoration shampoo and countless other skin products if we would just do whats best for our skin.

For all you germaphobs, bathing moves the germs on your body all around. Wash from top down. Head to toes. Otherwise you will end up with crotch and ass bacteria under yours arms or on you chest putting it that much closer to your eyes and mouth and ears. This is another area where daily bathing could be doing more harm than good. Your constantly shifting bacteria and parasites. Most think that soaps kill enough, but the average soap and sanitizer takes out 99.9%, and that isn't all the time. That 99.9% is the competition keeping the uber awful .1% in check. Get rid of the 99.9% and you leave the awful .1% free range to evolve and grow into more deadly things. Small organisms are no different from large organisms. Survival of the most capable and fit for the environment. Less competition means more unchecked growth. This is why hospitals are having so much trouble with new strains of staps infections. Just food for thought before yoiu start lathering on the sanitizer.

Last edited:

I don't. Then again I have a desk job and shower after working out. If I don't work out, I don't shower before bed...cause I never sweat. But...shower every morning no matter what. I wears jamas anyways so my filth isn't all over the bed...since I rarely sleep nude.

My hair takes three hours to dry, even when I blow dry the roots to give it a head start. If I blow dry it until it's bone dry, it would probably take me an hour. That's why I shower in the morning. :oldrazz:

I actually don't even shower every day. Dries my skin out. I take pretty warm showers.

No, I don't sweat very much. I have a low body temperature (hence needing the warm showers) and don't even sweat much when I'm lifting weights at the gym. I'm unable to lift more, if you're asking. :oldrazz: When I was on vacation in Hawaii I did shower every day because I was sweating all the damn time because of the humidity. :funny:

I think you accept what you're used to as normal. I grew up not showering every day. My parents don't. We've never gotten bedsores. Therefore not showering every day is accepted for us. Nobody actually notices. Even my coworker who obsesses about Glade plugins in her house doesn't notice that I don't shower every day. She was even surprised when I told her I don't use deodorant. "Do I smell?" "No, not at all!" So my conclusion is that I think most of us freak out unnecessarily about cleanliness. :oldrazz:

And I rarely get sick too. Dirt and grime is just dirt and grime, it ain't gonna kill you. I do change clothes when I step into the house, though. So it isn't like I'm wearing my dirty clothes to bed. If the world's dirt and grime is getting through your clothes onto your skin, buy thicker clothing. :oldrazz:

I work second shift and have to be up early the next day. If I come home take a shower it wires me up and it takes me three hours to get my hair dry and get to sleep. I don't always have that luxury. In the summer I shower at night because my job makes me extremely dirty, but in the winter I hardly sweat, and with the added clothes I keep dirt off me. Most winter nights I wash and scrub my face. Wipe down my underarms and crotch and go to bed. Full blown shower isn't necessary til the morning. I don't see anything nasty about that. And most research shows bathing in hot water daily does a lot of damage to human skin. Our skin has a natural layer known as a horny layer. It protects the skin from dirt grime, and everyday abrasive. We scrub that off every shower and it has to build back up. Bathing daily doesn't give it time to rebuild. This leads to the overly sensitive skin people complain about. Now, this isn't me saying don't bathe. But if you've laid around the house all day , and aren't going anywhere you dont need to bathe that night. We also do damage to our hair by washing it daily. We strip it of its natural oils. We are living organisms and sometimes what is naturally best for our bodies goes against social standards and is considered taboo. Bathing and washing our hair daily is counterintuitive to what our bodies actually needs. If humans wanted to do the best thing for their bodies they wouldn't bathe or wash their hair daily. I understand this is hard to do but we could get rid of a lot of sensitive skin soaps and all these restoration shampoo and countless other skin products if we would just do whats best for our skin.

For all you germaphobs, bathing moves the germs on your body all around. Wash from top down. Head to toes. Otherwise you will end up with crotch and ass bacteria under yours arms or on you chest putting it that much closer to your eyes and mouth and ears. This is another area where daily bathing could be doing more harm than good. Your constantly shifting bacteria and parasites. Most think that soaps kill enough, but the average soap and sanitizer takes out 99.9%, and that isn't all the time. That 99.9% is the competition keeping the uber awful .1% in check. Get rid of the 99.9% and you leave the awful .1% free range to evolve and grow into more deadly things. This is wehy hospitals are having so much trouble with new strains of staps infections. Just food for thought before yoiu start lathering on the sanitizer.

So now I know where that ungodly stink at comiccon comes from! :cmad:

You can shower cold, I shower cold. Warm showers destroying your skin is not an excuse.

So now I know where that ungodly stink at comiccon comes from! :cmad:

You can shower cold, I shower cold. Warm showers destroying your skin is not an excuse.

Actually yeah it is. Along with the soap and the abrasive scrubbing. Its extremely cold here in the winters and i dont get dirty like a child. Through the week i take one shower in a 24 hour period. Unless something happens requiring an extra. On the weekends i shower if im going out or have been out.

But, no, the human body does not require a daily bath to maintain health. We could do with less bathing if anything, but the stink would eventually be unbarable. Its best to reach a good middle ground. Bathe when you are dirty.

Last edited:
If people are taking hours for their hair to dry, then why not just shower earlier? It doesn't have to be right before bed. If you go to bed at 11 pm or midnight, then shower earlier in the evening if you're at home. That way your hair can dry by the time you have to go to sleep, and also the shower won't be waking you up so much because it won't be immediately before bedtime. At least you're still clean before going to sleep and for a period while you're at home. Otherwise people aren't really taking showers to be clean but just to freshen up.

I can't relax anyway if I've come home in the evening and haven't taken a shower yet. I still feel tight and highly strung from the day and need a shower to wind down and to get rid of that grimy feeling.

And I'm not suggesting people have to wash their hair every day. You can do so every other day if they don't want to get rid of its natural oils. But at least you could be clean elsewhere if taking a shower - eg your face, armpits, feet, crotch etc.

Also, I notice that the water in the US seems more abrasive than in the UK. Everytime I go there, even if I've been washing my hands, they end up looking coroded after a while. That never happens in the UK.

Did I miss something here, or are you judging people for showering first thing in the morning?

Cleaning yourself up at the beginning of the day? Why, that's just utterly disgusting compared to... washing... 8 hours earlier than that... for some reason.

If people are taking hours for their hair to dry, then why not just shower earlier? It doesn't have to be right before bed. If you go to bed at 11 pm or midnight, then shower earlier in the evening if you're at home. That way your hair can dry by the time you have to go to sleep, and also the shower won't be waking you up so much because it won't be immediately before bedtime. At least you're still clean before going to sleep and for a period while you're at home. Otherwise people aren't really taking showers to be clean but just to freshen up.

I can't relax anyway if I've come home in the evening and haven't taken a shower yet. I still feel tight and highly strung from the day and need a shower to wind down and to get rid of that grimy feeling.

And I'm not suggesting people have to wash their hair every day. You can do so every other day if they don't want to get rid of its natural oils. But at least you could be clean elsewhere if taking a shower - eg your face, armpits, feet, crotch etc.

Also, I notice that the water in the US seems more abrasive than in the UK. Everytime I go there, even if I've been washing my hands, they end up looking coroded after a while. That never happens in the UK.

I work til the early AM so when i get off it is my bedtime. If i wash my hair after work i either have to go to bed with wet hair or stay up til it drys. Both options suck.

Our water depends on where youre at. Some places have what is known as hard water. This means it has heavy sediment content. The minerals can build up on your skin. It also causes soap to not suds. That is an indicator of whether you have hard water. Where i live we have kind of hard water. Also our water can sometimes be treated with a lot of chlorine and other stuff. This can lead to it effecting peoples skin. Best to get a filter for your taps.

Last edited:
Actually yeah it is. Along with the soap and the abrasive scrubbing. Its extremely cold here in the winters and i dont get dirty like a child. Through the week i take one shower in a 24 hour period. Unless something happens requiring an extra. On the weekends i shower if im going out or have been out.

But, no, the human body does not require a daily bath to maintain health. We could do with less bathing if anything, but the stink would eventually be unbarable. Its best to reach a good middle ground. Bathe when you are dirty.

I always wondered why it always smelled so bad at Comiccon, you have provided a good explanation. Deoderant and soap bad for you too? :woot:

My girlfriend used to love lounging around naked until she started dating me, because one sight of her bare behind and I'm following her around like a dog. It's pathetic, I admit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"