Best 2021 Marvel Studio's TV Show

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
With Hawkeye's season finale coming out today we have finally seen all the Disney+ Marvel Shows in 2021. What was, in your view, the best one? For me, it's WandaVision, easily the best superhero show since Netflix Daredevil.
WandaVision 9/10
Loki 9/10
Hawkeye 7.5
Falcon & The Winter Soldier 6/10
What If?! 4/10

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye

4. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Didn't watch What If...?

Hands down WandaVision. It changed the game.

1D53B30A-4673-4C98-AF3D-15013ED6E18D.gif

Hawkeye. Its the only one that is both a fully coherent and complete narrative, *and* an upbeat and uplifting story.

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. Falcon and The Winter Soldier
5. What If

I have Wanda at the top, followed by Hawkeye and Loki. What If is in 4th followed by TFATWS. If we are including all Marvel TV shows, I would rank MODOK slightly above What If with Hit Monkey a smidge below.

1. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (John Walker is the MVP)
2. Hawkeye
3. Loki
4. WandaVision
5. What If...?

Wandavision followed by Loki.
Then BuckySam show,
What if and Hawkeye are good still.

Loki
Wandavision
Hawkeye
What If...?
Falcon and The Winter Soldier

1. Hawkeye was the most well rounded show
  2. Wandavision changed and broke the rules and was almost perfect; the Bohner reveal brought thus kne down
  3. FATWS - Walker was great and that scene with Bucky
  4. Loki - Not bad just not as good as I expected
  5. What If..?! Keep forgetting about this show when ranking the D+ series, tells you how memorable I thought it was. Vision cutting Thanos I half was dope though

Hawkeye had awful writing.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was too generic.

Wandavision was brilliant until the last episode.

Loki was the most successful overall balancing humor, high stakes and visually the most interesting.

I think it was Loki because it did the one thing the other shows didn't do and that was that they brought in a lot of characters that we don't need to ask the question "what happens to them next?" since a lot of them are basically variants of Loki and that question doesn't need to be answered for any of them. If they pop up somewhere else outside of the Loki series (like Kid Loki in Young Avengers) then great, but if we never see them again outside of the Loki series, also great too. With all of the other live action shows, it's like we always end it with "what happens to a lot of these characters when the show ends?" and we didn't get that much from Loki outside of Renslayer. Loki is still MCU, there's no doubt about that, but it's in its own pocket of the MCU that it doesn't need Thor or any Avengers to appear to know it's the MCU because it already is. I loved how they showed the other MCU characters that Loki has interacted with as well as his stories in the MCU but via archival footage from the movies so it doesn't become a distraction and take away from Loki's story.

WandaVision did a lot and nothing all at the same time, but it was probably the most fun ride. FatWS pushed forward and wasn't as much a guessing game as it was a nice transition to Sam accepting the shield. The Isaiah Bradley stuff though. There's a lot there if they decide to unpackage that further. Loki was interesting because it started the introduction of the Multiverse but the last episode, and the change to the TVA, and generally Kang's broader impacts leave me with more questions about whether this will truly impact the MCU or just exist as a side project. NWH, & Whatif seem to contradict it because Loki focused on snipping timelines via the TVA so all those other variants shouldn't have existed if the TVA was doing it's thing right? Whatif was interesting. I'm curious to see if we get Captain Carter or Black Widow to the main timeline or Secret Wars. Hawkeye was ok. It felt like they tried to put to much in rather than explore some of the concepts like who hosted the auction.

NWH, & Whatif seem to contradict it because Loki focused on snipping timelines via the TVA so all those other variants shouldn't have existed if the TVA was doing it's thing right?

Um, you did watch the end of Loki, right? They outright showed the multiverse being reborn, retroactively. Yes, the TVA were erasing variant timelines to maintain a single timeline, but the whole point of the ending is that this now failed. The variant timelines are rampant, and had always *been* rampant.

Um, you did watch the end of Loki, right? They outright showed the multiverse being reborn, retroactively. Yes, the TVA were erasing variant timelines to maintain a single timeline, but the whole point of the ending is that this now failed. The variant timelines are rampant, and had always *been* rampant.

I did watch it and it's been a while admittedly. Also I did say it introduced the Multiverse in the original post.

"They had always been rampant" part is what tripped me up given that Phase 1 up to say V-Loki killing "Nice Kang" was a single timeline/reality including the space outside time/reality the TVA occupied. Then "New Kang" and Mobius not recognizing him is a different reality. So then then question I guess is V-Loki and now the TVA back on the "MCU Prime" timeline? Also does that mean that V-Loki didn't start on the Prime timeline/reality and only shifted to it once "Nice Kang" was killed?

My take was could be either the Prime timeline or another separate timeline and only time will tell.

To be fair it was my second favorite of the bunch. It's just that time travel/reality hoping can make my head spin and they ended it vaguely referencing NWH but I didn't realize that on first watch through.

They showed the Sacred Timeline as a single line from an outside perspective. Then, after killing He Who Remains/Immortus, it branched explosively all along its length. That reads pretty clearly as "the whole multiverse just ceased to be a single line". I don't see any way to interpret it as *not* being retroactive, especially since they proceeded to show, from a point "inside" the universe ( or at least more inside than He Who Remains abode, anyway ) being retroactively changed.

They didn't just create one new variant timeline, they ended the force that was keeping there from being infinite variant timelines, at all points on the time stream. Because, note, the earlier episodes established that timeline branching was a thing that was *always* happening, everywhere and everywhen, hence why the TVA had to actively hunt down variants and prune divergent timelines. The universe "wanted* to be an infinite multiverse, it was only by the extreme effort of He Of The Bajillion Names and his apparatuses that it could be forced to be just one timeline.

NWH, & Whatif seem to contradict it because Loki focused on snipping timelines via the TVA so all those other variants shouldn't have existed if the TVA was doing it's thing right?
I don't think that's correct. They showed when the Sacred Timeline branched, it branched from points all along the timeline to create the multiverse. That means changes can occur at any point in history. From the perspective of Loki (who is the only one not aware of these changes, it seems), all these timelines are new. From the perspective of history, Toby Maguire's Spider-Man can be part of a timeline that branched decades if not centuries earlier.

They showed the Sacred Timeline as a single line from an outside perspective. Then, after killing He Who Remains/Immortus, it branched explosively all along its length. That reads pretty clearly as "the whole multiverse just ceased to be a single line". I don't see any way to interpret it as *not* being retroactive, especially since they proceeded to show, from a point "inside" the universe ( or at least more inside than He Who Remains abode, anyway ) being retroactively changed.

They didn't just create one new variant timeline, they ended the force that was keeping there from being infinite variant timelines, at all points on the time stream. Because, note, the earlier episodes established that timeline branching was a thing that was *always* happening, everywhere and everywhen, hence why the TVA had to actively hunt down variants and prune divergent timelines. The universe "wanted* to be an infinite multiverse, it was only by the extreme effort of He Of The Bajillion Names and his apparatuses that it could be forced to be just one timeline.

So how does that work with the TVA then since it was supposed to be singular and exist outside time and reality to the point that the infinity stones don't work there? It was clearly changed.

Do the blackholes come into play? Say one TVA per black hole and they somehow merged or Loki was transported to a different blackhole by Sylvie?

Loki-black-holes-1.png

So how does that work with the TVA then since it was supposed to be singular and exist outside time and reality to the point that the infinity stones don't work there? It was clearly changed.

Do the blackholes come into play? Say one TVA per black hole and they somehow merged or Loki was transported to a different blackhole by Sylvie?

Loki-black-holes-1.png

The best answer? "Come back for season 2 to find out!"

My own supposition? There is still only one TVA, it just so happens that the Kang-variant happened to be the one who took it over. I mean, he is *The Conqueror*, it would make sense that someone who wants to conquer the multiverse would make a bee-line to what were effectively the prior rulers thereof.

The best answer? "Come back for season 2 to find out!"

My own supposition? There is still only one TVA, it just so happens that the Kang-variant happened to be the one who took it over. I mean, he is *The Conqueror*, it would make sense that someone who wants to conquer the multiverse would make a bee-line to what were effectively the prior rulers thereof.

So essentially go so far back on the timeline to where the TVA was created before it shifts to it's own pocket verse and that's when this new variant takes over? Would make sense.

What is also interesting is that Mobius didn't know Loki especially given his statement about how he'd chased Loki variants all over the place. Not to mention the role Loki plays in the prime timeline. That's why I was thinking maybe that verse collapsed or if time is circular it resumed and over-wrote the old line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"