best batman mask

spiderfan970

Civilian
Reaction score
What in your opinion is the best batman mask currently available for purchase? I'm looking, and all I see is crap.

Thank you, I posted there as well as here but I was wondering what these guys thought.

I got the batman begins cowl, its $30 at buycostumes.com and it's really awesome.

that's cool, that was the one i was thinking of, but since it's a 40s throwback suit, i was thinking something like this:

thoughtprocess.jpg

I started with the west cowl, and realized I was changing it into the Mazzucchelli cowl. This is what I would have made if somebody would make it for me.

I got the begins cowl too - did anyone add to it in terms of padding out the ears or anything like that?

Someone told me to freeze it overnight to make it more rigid but I think I'd cry if it came out four sizes too small...

^ Does sticking it in the freezer overnight seriously shrink it? Cause it's quite big on me.

freezing the cowl wont do anything except cause damage to it. Padding it is the only safe way to get a proper fit.

In order to let it get its shape back, put it in a pillow case, tied shut, and put it in the dryer for 30 sec, or so. Then, what I did was get a half mask from Michael's crafts and glue it into the cowl so the face stays in shape. For the ears you can get Crayola Model Magic to fill the ears or use Foamie craft foam, cut to size to make them hold their shape.
Batman010-1.jpg

Batman009-1.jpg

Batman013-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"