What Are the Best GN's & TPB's that feature BLACK MASK?

Comics N' Toons

Viva La Revolucion!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread has been posted before...

I didn't see it anywhere, but WHAT ARE THE BEST Graphic Novels & trades that feature BLACK MASK?

I liked Roman Sionis in Judd Winick's Under the Hood vol 1 and 2. :) Thats' actually the only comic i have with Roman Sionis Black Mask. :(

I haven't read them yet, but I believe he plays a large role in "War Games" and "War Crimes".

so just those books?

i thought the character was bigger than that! !

I liked Roman Sionis in Judd Winick's Under the Hood vol 1 and 2. :) Thats' actually the only comic i have with Roman Sionis Black Mask. :(
It's also the only GOOD Black Mask interpretation ever. Seriously, call out on Judd Winick's writing all you want, but he's the only person who ever made Black Mask an even half-way decent character.

I simply cannot understand people's obsession with him, he's a terrible character.

yeah....good black mask story.....not much really sticks out.

Catwoman: Relentless

so just those books?

i thought the character was bigger than that! !

He's prominent in No Man Land (Vol.1? but I can't be sure) and as batpawn said his best days were his earliest stories back in Moenchs mid 80's run, and then when Moench him bought back with art by Kelley Jones in the mid 90's. It's an ongoing shame that neither of these two periods are collected.

in trades Under the Hood and Catwoman volumes is seriously it. nowadays he's a second rate Two-Face/Penguin. he was important in Catwoman

btw did you know Roman Sionis was dropped on his head when he was born? no kidding. dropped on his head. it really messed him up

It's also the only GOOD Black Mask interpretation ever. Seriously, call out on Judd Winick's writing all you want, but he's the only person who ever made Black Mask an even half-way decent character.

I simply cannot understand people's obsession with him, he's a terrible character.

I suppose you havent read Catwoman relentless then?

What Bruebaker did with Black Mask was beyond mouth dropping, he made him more then a gimmick villain and in my personal opinion he put him on the top of the list of Batman villains.

He's alot of fun to work with, I had a chance to put him in a small short film that Im hoping will be released soon.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=329151

Black Mask is not a good character, but I still enjoy his first arc by Moench in the 80s.

Black Mask is a very good character. He's had some great writing by the likes of Moench and Winnick.

TruerToTheCore is not a good poster, but I still enjoy...wait, I don't enjoy anything about him.

I decided to make a series of articles recently about the best and most accessible stories out there featuring some characters. With Arkham Origins, I thought someone might want to get into Black Mask and I wrote an article on the best black mask stories. I hope it helps a bit.
http://comicbooksftw.com/?p=273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"