Best Batman TV series currently on DVD?

lol, true... It's like word association!

yup, it's weird lol.

Hey RobC, what's your favourite episode of the series?

Probably the Two-Face double bill. Alays stuck with me since childhood into adult life. It's got great writing, tragic central character, emotionally packed...

Yeah definitely. Two-Face has always been my favourite villian because of that two parter (pun intended). I think it did a reallygood job of showing how he was just a relatively normal guy, and how the scarring just pushed him over the edge!

Your favourite episode?

Probably the Two-Face double bill. Alays stuck with me since childhood into adult life. It's got great writing, tragic central character, emotionally packed...

Yeah definitely. Two-Face has always been my favourite villian because of that two parter (pun intended). I think it did a reallygood job of showing how he was just a relatively normal guy, and how the scarring just pushed him over the edge!

Your favourite episode?

Yea that's got to be one of my favorites too...I hope they show Harvey Dent's decline like that in the third movie. Another great one is The Laughing Fish, it's so hillarious...like when Harley has to eat the fish, and she doesn't want to, but when she does, she's like 'mmmmmm' and then she runs off screen and you hear her upchuck, classic...

lol, that's pretty cool.

Another favourite, although not strictly TAS is Return Of The Joker. The flashback scene where they show what he did to Tim. It's awsome. Absolutely awsome!

One of my favourite episodes is actually from the GOtham Knights run, Over the Edge. It's crazy at the beginning when Gordan and the cops raid the batcave, and then everything that follows. Very cool.
I also like the Heart of Steel two parter. It's a very eerie story and also very good.
And ya Return of the Joker as a whole the movie was awesome. Man batman's reaction when he saw that video JOker showed was crazy. He was very very close wo killing JOker there. I think that's the angriest Batman has been in the series even though it was a movie.
Oh and today i completed my Batman beyond collection. The weird part is I'm starting backwards. I still have to buy the Animated Series Dvd's. Eventually I'll get there.

Yeah that bits awsome, Gordon just flips after Barbara dying! I love the way the police are just ruthless in their aggression, with the rocket launchers and everything!

Ya it was crazy. It was shoot to kill. lol are we allowed to spoil eps here? or else i can go on about that episode.

I've heard great things about Batman: The Animated Series, as well as Batman Beyond.

Which is better in terms of darkness, characters (if you can't get emotionally involved with them then the show will be dead, in my opinion), and action?

OR, is there a BETTER series out there for batman than either of these two?

What's the Best Batman TV series currently on DVD?

Batman TAS

One of my favourite episodes is actually from the GOtham Knights run, Over the Edge. It's crazy at the beginning when Gordan and the cops raid the batcave, and then everything that follows. Very cool.
I also like the Heart of Steel two parter. It's a very eerie story and also very good.
And ya Return of the Joker as a whole the movie was awesome. Man batman's reaction when he saw that video JOker showed was crazy. He was very very close wo killing JOker there. I think that's the angriest Batman has been in the series even though it was a movie.
Oh and today i completed my Batman beyond collection. The weird part is I'm starting backwards. I still have to buy the Animated Series Dvd's. Eventually I'll get there.
Hell yeah, Volume 4, it wasn't the BEST the series had to offer during GK but it had a fair share of KICK-@$$ episodes...that being one of the best! :hehe:

They GOtham Knights run was a mixed bag. THere you had Mad Love, the Harley Quinn origin which was awesome. THen you had Critters :s, giant mechanical spiders lol.

I think that Batman: The Animated Series is the BEST adaptation of Batman that we'll ever see. It is simply AMAZING.

With that said, I must add that if you're going to buy the DVDs, I suggest that you stick with the first three volumes only. The fourth volume is a collection of episodes from The New Adventures of Batman. In my opinion, the newer episodes completely FAIL in comparison to the older ones. I just watched the newer episodes a few days ago for the first time, and I am very disappointed.

Some people may disagree with me about the newer episodes, but that's how I feel.

Batman: The Animated Series has a lot of underrated/ unappreciated episodes such as - 'A Bullet for Bullock':

The jazz music, the settings in the snow, pitch -perfect dilogue and of course 40/50's pulp adventure feel!! Its an amazingly good and well animated episode.

As for The New Batman Adventures, there was only 24 episodes so i feel that the producers didn't have a chance to develop the series or characters the way they would have liked to (such as more Nightwing). But yes, it can best be descibed as a mixed bag...

However - despite what some may say it is a great show overall and deserves to be on your DVD shelf!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"