Best developers 10 top

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
In a poll of 9,000 game developers from across the globe, almost one third (30 per cent) of respondents recognised Miyamoto as their ultimate development hero, ahead of an impressive top ten, which reads as follows:

1. Shigeru Miyamoto: Seen as the ‘the father of modern video games’, creator of Mario, DK, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox...
2. John Carmack: Cofounder of ID, Doom, Quake...
3. Will Wright: Cofounder of Maxis, Simcity, The Sims, Spore...
4. Dave Jones: Cofounder of Rockstar and RealTime Games, creator of GTA, Lemmings, Crackldown and APB
5. Sid Meier: founder of Microprose, Second person to be inducted in the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences' Hall of Fame behind Shigeru Miyamoto, Civilization, Colonization, Pirates!...
6. Peter Molyneux: creator of God games Dungeon Keeper, Populous and Black & White, as well as Theme Park and Fable
7. David Braben: Founder of Frontier and best known for co-writing the hugely popular Elite
8. Masaya Matsuura: Creator of the music game with PaRappa The Rapper
9. Michael Morhaime: President and cofounder of Blizzard
10. Jonathan Blow: developer of award-winning title Braid

Agree or disagree?

IMO, Braben and Blow, no matter how good they are should not be there. Elite was extremely important game, but he never did anything afterwards; as for Blow..Baird is amazing, but that´s just one game.
Gabe Newell, Tim Schafer, Hideo Kojima, Warren Spector, Ken Levine.....pick two...

I agree with #1.

I don't care about the rest of those people though. I think who ever created Bungie should be on because they made the FPS huge on consoles.

Id definetly put Kojima up there. No one can tell a story like him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"