Best movie theme:Nomination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lux Aeterna- Clint Mansell from Requiem for a Dream (More widely known as the music used in The Two Towers trailer campaign).

Theme from The Rock - Harry Gregson Williams & Hans Zimmer

The Pulp Fiction "theme" song all you guys are talking about is Miserlou by Dick Dale and His Del-tones, which has also become a staple of Ben Folds' live concerts and serves as the back track for the Black Eyed Peas' Pump It(Louder).

Really the best one is Jaws, but it will not win because most people can't appreciate genius when it's in minimalist form.

Really the best one is Jaws, but it will not win because most people can't appreciate genius when it's in minimalist form.
When Williams first played the Jaws theme for Spielberg...he laughed; he thought it was joke. Williams later went on to win an academy award for scoring the score. :)

The score from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly by Ennio Morricone.

That is the greatest.

G.I.Joe:The Movie had the greatest movie theme. Ever. Period.
Batman:MOTP
James Bond

My favorite one is the main theme from Requiem for a Dream :up:

Batman - Danny Elfmans theme.
Superman - Williams
Rockys, I cant pick between Eye of the tiger and gonna fly now...

any love for the remo williams theme besides me?

After carefull consideration my 3 choices for best movie theme are:-

- Monty Norman (007 theme) - if you're looking for iconic -I dont believe theres anything more iconic than this.

- John Williams (Star Wars theme) - a tough call, given the other themes Williams has done -Superman, Jaws, Indiana Jones, E.T. etc.

- John Carpenter (the Halloween theme) -again, probably one of the most recognisable of themes, and yet so simple, just like Jaws.

However, 'best movie soundtracks' and 'best movie separate tracks' are a different thing entirely.

Basically, most of the stuff done by John Williams, John Barry, Alan Silvestri, Lalo Schiffrin, Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman, James Horner, Basil Poledouris, Bernard Herrmann, Bill Conti and John Carpenter has found its way onto my Ipod in a nice (and not so little) playlist entitled 'soundtrack'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"