Best Wonder Woman portrayal

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Since there's been threads asking for the best live action portrayals of Superman and Batman, I figured there should be one for Diana.

Who do you think was the best portrayal of Wonder Woman?

Lynda Carter, without a doubt. I think Gadot is superb, but Lynda Carter was absolute perfection.

Lynda Carter 10/10

Gal Gadot 9.5/10
It’s funny. Im right there with you, but I’m even closer. For me it’s
Carter 10,
Gadot 9.89

It’s almost too close to call, because they’re both so good, but I can’t see any flaws in Linda. It doesn’t hurt that I had an enormous crush on her when I was a little kid.

It’s funny. Im right there with you, but I’m even closer. For me it’s
Carter 10,
Gadot 9.89

It’s almost too close to call, because they’re both so good, but I can’t see any flaws in Linda. It doesn’t hurt that I had an enormous crush on her when I was a little kid.
Haha, same here!

Lynda Carter. She just embodied the character to a tee.

Forgot Ellie Wood Walker!

But of course...only two of these women actually had more than 10mins to actually play and grow Diana so.....Lynda is #1, Gal is #2.

Thanks for reminding me about '67 Wondy. She's been added to the poll.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Lynda is winning so far.

It would be interesting to know the rough age of the voters, as my guess would be that most of us who watched Lynda Carter first time around would vote for her.

I’d say young actress Lilly Aspell has more screen time (Wonder Woman + Wonder Woman 1984) as Diana than Ellie Wood Walker. Then there’s Emily Carey as teen Diana (only in WW.)

Also (apparently), the role in the Who’s Afraid of Diana Prince? short/proof-of-concept was played by two actors: Walker and Linda Harrison.

I demand the poll be expanded! :argh:

:cwink:

It would be interesting to know the rough age of the voters, as my guess would be that most of us who watched Lynda Carter first time around would vote for her.

True, but I imagined Gadot would win because she's still a good Wonder Woman, but has more modern characterization and storytelling.

Personally, I voted for Carter because Season 1 Wonder Woman is pretty much seems Wonder Woman ripped straight from Pre Crisis comics, minus the more..."quirky" stuff.

I’d like a fan edit of season one of Wonder Woman. It’s hard for me to watch, I’d love a truncated version with all the highlights.

I love Carter and all that but, Gal Gadot, for me! They couldn't have picked a better woman to play Diana, Prince. She truly embodies the character on and off-screen and, I love that!

I love Carter and all that but, Gal Gadot, for me! They couldn't have picked a better woman to play Diana, Prince. She truly embodies the character on and off-screen and, I love that!
Yeah, Gadot for me too. I missed Carter's version due to being too young, therefore missing the nostalgia. I revisited when I was older to see what it was like, it had its charm, but Gadot's just feels so more fleshed out and 3 dimensional. Now, I love Adam West's batman, and it's hard to even compare that different Batman with modern versions, doesn't feel right as a comparison. Maybe that's how people are feeling about Wonder Woman on some level?

Yeah, Gadot for me too. I missed Carter's version due to being too young, therefore missing the nostalgia. I revisited when I was older to see what it was like, it had its charm, but Gadot's just feels so more fleshed out and 3 dimensional. Now, I love Adam West's batman, and it's hard to even compare that different Batman with modern versions, doesn't feel right as a comparison. Maybe that's how people are feeling about Wonder Woman on some level?

You summed that all up better than I would have. I agree with you 200% and, WB gave Diana a Themysciran accent in the films that makes more sense, you know? It's like Gal is from the Themyscira Carter was fine, but she was ahead of our time!

It's actually an Israeli accent. A Themysciran accent doesn't actually exist, on account of it being, y'know, fictional lol. :cwink:

Anyways I'll also throw my hands up and admit that I voted for Gal out of recency bias. It goes without saying that Carter's also great though. She was just way before my time and I discovered it late.

So, silly question. I have not actually seen WW 1984 yet, but. . . is Gal Gadot's performance as Wonder Woman *actually* bad in it? Or is it simply a bad movie? Those aren't the same thing, after all, someone can do an excellent performance of a character in a movie that is otherwise flawed.

I thought she was really solid once again. The movie was terrible.

Her characterization in the original DCAU is also great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"