• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Better 3 Villains: TASM2 Or SM3?

So for CBM what is ever one's top 5 villians? This is how I would go.

1. Joker dark knight
2. Bane dark knight rises
3. Doc ock spider man 2
4. Green goblin spider man 1
5. Catwoman dark knight rises

I think given today's comic book antagonists, the villains in TASM2 didn't live up to the standard.

1. Joker dark knight
3. Doc ock spider man 2

1. Joker - The Dark Knight
2. Doc Ock - Spider-Man 2
3. Loki - Marvel Cinematic Universe
4. Magneto - X-Men Universe
5. Two Face - The Dark Knight

These 5 really stand out for me.

1. Joker - The Dark Knight
2. Doc Ock - Spider-Man 2
3. Loki - Marvel Cinematic Universe
4. Magneto - X-Men Universe
5. Two Face - The Dark Knight

These 5 really stand out for me.

Loki is pretty good I am mostly a spider man batman fan though so maybe I am some what byis.

1. Joker dark knight
3. Doc ock spider man 2

1. The Joker - The Dark Knight
2. Magneto - X-Men Series
3. Two-Face - The Dark Knight
4. Dr. Octopus - Spider-Man 2
5. General Zod - Superman: The Movie and Superman II

I never fully understood doc ock, sure, he was great, but he didn't seem that much better than say, GG from SM1.

For Me

1.) Ledger Joker (Honestly, performance was out of this world, we'll probably never get anything better)

2.) McKellen Magneto-

3.) Doc Ock/GG (Raimi)

4.) Fassbender Magneto

5.) Two-Face

1. Heath Ledger's Joker - a masterpiece
2. Fassbender's Magneto - could convince me to reason with his stand and side
3. Loki - Steals the scene, always great
4. Eckhart's Two Face - tragic, loved it
5. Tie between McKellen's Magneto and Doc Ock

Tough one.

Rhino was awful and hardly showed up. The machine guns and missiles felt too over the top for my taste. Venom also hardly showed up and had that awkward screeching sound. Still, Venom at least killed someone and looked cool so he gets points for that.

As for Electro vs Sandman, I give it to Electro. It's not that there was anything wrong with Sandman, he was just kind of dull. Thomas Hayden Church didnt have much to do, as his character was a special effect much of the time. I liked the "birth of Sandman" scene but besides that, nothing to relate to. As for Electro, I liked that he was an unstable individual made more unstable by the accident. Again, he didnt have much to do, which is no way to treat the main villain. Still, I felt that he posed more of a threat to the city than Sandman did.

As for the Goblins, geez that's hard. I dont care for either look, but ASM2's Goblin narrowly edges out the New Goblin. I still hate that name and his non-Goblin look. ASM2's costume may be a major departure from the norm but at least Dane looked threatening and insane. Franco looked angry and concentrating but not crazy. I did like S-M 3's nod to Harry losing his memory and then risking his life to save Peter. I liked the mansion fight. But the fact that a Goblin finally killed Peter's love puts Dane over the top for me.

ASM2 wins.

Clearly ASM2.

Venom was killed; no off-screen death, he obliterated on-screen never to be seen again. I felt so bad for Topher Grace in the role; he didn't look the part, he didn't pull off the character acting-wise, it was depressing seeing such a huge Spider-Man fan sell out on a thankless role.
Sandman is alive yes, but his escape was total bull. Talk about some of the worst writing ever; I felt bad Thomas Haden Church gave his best with that shoddy material.
Harry died a hero; that's not the Harry I know. Franco played him amazingly though.

Electro is no more dead than Lizard, he is in containment. I have already said the writing was horrible for Electro; it was a worse-written Riddler from BF, and Jamie Foxx's "acting" is still absent.
Rhino, while a joke, is still a threat and was always only meant to be the bookend villain for the movie, I don't know what people were expecting. Giammati did the role as well as it could have been done.
Harry is 'dying' the same way Norman 'died'; They may have some sort of disease, but the radiated spider venom extract most definitely kept them alive, and Harry isn't dying. The role was written very well despite some minor complaints of people calling him a hipster; in this day and age, his character would be a hipster, and it took nothing away from his comic incarnation. Dane DeHaan owned the role.

I will take the better written and represented ASM2 villains over the SM3 villains any day.

Your posts are always good for a laugh hahaha

"I will take the better written and represented ASM2 villains over the SM3 villains any day." pretty much sums it up.

Electro was a joke
Goblin was raped in the chilli ring
Rhino was #woeful

Did you find Hobgoblin's post amusing too? As he preferred TASM2?

Probably not the nicest expression to describe how you thought of GG either...

SM3's villains actually served a prurpose for the story. ASM2's villains were only there to sell toys.

SM3 wins.

ASM2 unquestionably.

Rhino was basically a cameo but fit much better as a bookend as he was incarcerated throughout whereas with Franco's Goblin as they used some BS amnesia to remove him as a villain after the start and didn't bring him back until the end.

Harry was developed over the course of the movie into Goblin, he had a logical but impetuous reason for his decent into villainy. Brock was just annoyed at Peter and asked god to kill him just because Peter dated the girl Brock had one coffee with and thought they were 'going steady'

Electro and Sandman were about equal

SM3's villains actually served a prurpose for the story.

:lmao:

ASM2's villains were only there to sell toys.

Sony gets little to no money from the toys so there is no way that is the reason.

So for CBM what is ever one's top 5 villians?

1. Magneto
  2. Doc Ock
  3. Joker
  4. Nuada
  5. Nomak

As for Electro vs Sandman, I give it to Electro. It's not that there was anything wrong with Sandman, he was just kind of dull. Thomas Hayden Church didnt have much to do, as his character was a special effect much of the time. I liked the "birth of Sandman" scene but besides that, nothing to relate to. As for Electro, I liked that he was an unstable individual made more unstable by the accident. Again, he didnt have much to do, which is no way to treat the main villain. Still, I felt that he posed more of a threat to the city than Sandman did.

As for the Goblins, geez that's hard. I dont care for either look, but ASM2's Goblin narrowly edges out the New Goblin. I still hate that name and his non-Goblin look. ASM2's costume may be a major departure from the norm but at least Dane looked threatening and insane. Franco looked angry and concentrating but not crazy.

ASM2 wins.

Agreed

Last edited:
Harry Osborn is cool in both movies, but I give more credit for SM3 version for not defeating security officers in Ravencroft on his lonesome
And the snowboard glider is awesome

Point goes to Spider-Man 3
---------------------------

Electro is just bad, his powers and being an engineer are good, but he's mostly bad
"Spider-Man saved me, he told me I'm somebody. He is my friend"
*Shot at in Times Square*
"Spider-Man betrayed me, he lied to me, he used me, he shot at me *song lyrics*"
*Caught*
"Spider-Man is a fraud, we need the world to be without him"
*Comes in Harry Osborn*
Harry: "Spider-Man is a fraud, help me get rid of him"
Electro: "Yes"

Venom is probably Electro's equal with the "Spidey, buddy", then "You cost me my job, my girl, I don't want to confess I'm a jerk, I will blame you"
Better personality, and better treatment of the villain
Venom and Sandman teaming up was better, and it made for one of the greatest final fights in a comic book movie (in my opinion)

Points go to Spider-Man 3
--------------------------

Sandman vs Alexie

Point goes to Spider-Man 3

I am really surprised by the results so far has I think tasm2 villians are milles better but again I fell like tasm2 got slamed unfairly.

Agreed, though I'm not surprised by the results :rolleyes:

Harry in asm2 had a small rule but his fight was great and it was just a introduction to the next one for him.

That's something I find annoying. People say he wasn't in it long enough as Goblin, but it was an introduction to him a Goblin, it was his origin to be expanded in future movies.

Right now it's seen of as too little but when his character is expanded in future movies it'll be seen in retrospect better as it's just his introduction, his origin.

It's not like this is a case like Venom where he was in the movie very little then killed and the book closed.

Neither movie had worthwhile villains nor were they good movies in general, but SM3's villains overall had better developments, motivations, and they all tied in with story. I cannot say the same for TASM2.

SM3 gets my vote.

Electro and Rhino were almost as bad as Venom and New Goblin but Harry in TASM2 is the best villain in Spider-Man movies.

Electro and Rhino were almost as bad as Venom and New Goblin but Harry in TASM2 is the best villain in Spider-Man movies.

At least in Raimi's trilogy, time was taken to see Harry develop into what he became in Spider-Man 3, essentially, the "new green goblin." In the Amazing Spider-Man 2, there was little development and time taken and what was a three movie process (in the original trilogy) was done in one, so their ending battle didn't seem as powerful to me. Yeah Raimi's Harry may not have been a great goblin, but at least it was a believable and natural transition (minus the temporary memory loss), at least to me. I really wish The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would have cut Electro out and focused more on Harry and Peter.

Doing good villains is one of the biggest weaknesses of the TASM movies. Four villains so far and they've all been terrible.

Doing good villains is one of the biggest weaknesses of the TASM movies. Four villains so far and they've all been terrible.

I agree. I brushed it off with the Lizard, as he was in the origin movie which would want to focus more on the hero, but I was really disappointed in the sequel

Spidey 3 by a mile. Even though Venom was rushed and Sandman's motives were a little meh, Goblin Jr. made up for it. The action scenes involving the villains were also more experimental and unique than the ones in ASM2.

According to me, Electro was just a visual effect, pure and simple. Dehaan's Goblin was too cliched IMO. Giamatti had too little screen time to be considered as a proper villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"