Bible show that actually looks pretty entertaining

OK...not really a fan of bible films typically but I have to admit this actually looks pretty well done.

Honestly, I hope it's faithful to the stories as they are told in the Bible. Believe/don't believe/doesn't matter, those stories are pretty epic, especially in the Old Testament.

Looks pretty entertaining.

it'd be nice if among all that violence they threw in a bit of that "love" thing jesus was all about.

It looks promising & I do hope it remains faithful to the Bible.

I'm tuning in just for David and Bathsheba. I suspect they will only be able to air that after 11 pm.

Anyone else watching this right now?

Saw it and loved it. I also loved how they showed that it was Jesus speaking to Abraham as the bible did say. I am just a little upset on how quickly things passed. But understood I mean the story of Jacob/Israel could take up four hours on it's own. Same with David and Moses.

I have last night's episode on the DVR waiting to watch later this week when my wife and I have somewhat matching work schedules. Is there a list of which stories will be covered throughout the series?

Good acting, acceptable accuracy, and decent storytelling. I don't like how the special effects look but that's my only complaint.

I know the parts with Jesus haven't aired yet, but I watched the clip of him discovering the businesses in the temple and that was fairly disappointing to me. They didn't really capture the upsetting nature of that part of the story. Jesus sort of seemed more confused than angry and the actor wasn't super convincing. But the other clips I watched were really good!

I thought it was a decent effort.They had to rush through most of it,since they're doing 2 or 3 stories an episode.(Sheesh,remember when mini-series meant 5-8 episodes?)I prize accuracy above all,and they did alright on that score. There was some unnecessary action added.(Moses sword fighting,the Angels in Sodom)I think political correctness was also at work,since they only had one brief shot of a portly drag queen in the Sodom scenes.I mean,the city was known for that sin,but it was hardly represented.(I'm guessing they'll also do the usual sugar coating of the Sanhedrin's involvement in Jesus condemnation.)

I thought it was a decent effort.They had to rush through most of it,since they're doing 2 or 3 stories an episode.(Sheesh,remember when mini-series meant 5-8 episodes?)I prize accuracy above all,and they did alright on that score. There was some unnecessary action added.(Moses sword fighting,the Angels in Sodom)I think political correctness was also at work,since they only had one brief shot of a portly drag queen in the Sodom scenes.I mean,the city was known for that sin,but it was hardly represented.(I'm guessing they'll also do the usual sugar coating of the Sanhedrin's involvement in Jesus condemnation.)

The only way you are going to do Sodom justice is have Starz do the series.

I have recorded the first two episodes but haven't watched it yet. How many episodes is this?

The only way you are going to do Sodom justice is have Starz do the series.

I have recorded the first two episodes but haven't watched it yet. How many episodes is this?

Yeah, Starz would've gone all out with it.

I keep seeing different things. But, it seems its supposed to be 10 hours. So, I assume for 5 weeks they'll be showing 2 new episodes each Sunday.

Yeah, Starz would've gone all out with it.

I keep seeing different things. But, it seems its supposed to be 10 hours. So, I assume for 5 weeks they'll be showing 2 new episodes each Sunday.

So just a guess they will show the resurrection story at Easter.

That's why I love the movies TNT did a while back. My favorites were Joseph and David.

Last edited:
The actor they chose for Jesus seriously irritates me...that whole male model with the perfect smile crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"