Bionic Commando going to XBLA and PSN

SWEET, THANKS DUDE,:D:up: UM I HAVE A QUESTION, I SUCK PLAYING GAMES ON A KEYBOARD,(I'M A BEAST ON THE PS3 THOUGH);):D DO YOU KNOW THE CONTROLS OF THE GAME ON THE KEYBOARD???:D:up:

arrows keys for the d-pad
enter for "start"
control for "select"
Z for the "B Button"
X for the "A Button"

I reallydon't like the new vsuals, or the added weapons, I hope they include the original!

The game comes out this week and got a 9.4 from IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/897/897994p1.html
9.5 Presentation
Slick storytelling elements, great characters, easy-to-navigate menus -- so much of BCR is better than a lot of retail games.

9.5 Graphics
It looks good enough to be a full retail game. This is one of the prettiest downloadable games ever made.

9.0 Sound
The updated soundtrack gives a nod to the retro, but feels properly modernized. Voice acting is about the only thing missing.

9.0 Gameplay
GRIN kept the best of the original and then added layers of good stuff on top. The d-pad control is not perfect, but this is otherwise a brilliant experience.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
Though the game can be short if you don't suck, there's plenty of incentive to replay. The challenge rooms add a few extra hours, as do co-op and competitive multiplayer.

How much will the game cost? $5-10? Just wondering since most NES VC games only cost $5, but I'd imagine this would cost more with the redesign aspect.

So, who picked this up today?

I bought it, I never played the original Bionic Commando, it's fun thus far. :woot:

So, who picked this up today?

I bought it, I never played the original Bionic Commando, it's fun thus far. :woot:
I'll get it tomorrow. BC was by far one of my favorite games for the NES

Downloaded it a little while ago, it's pretty cool, remember playing it on the NES, amazing how much and well it's been redesigned.

This is how you remake a classic game. I'm playing it with a HRAP EX 2. Its bliss on an arcade stick.

I'll get it tomorrow. BC was by far one of my favorite games for the NES

Agreed, one of the best games on the NES, and I still pop it in from time to time.

I want to play the remake though.

I'm going to DL it now. I have $11.42 left in my PS Wallet and didn't feel like adding more in as I have a few bills coming in soon. So was deciding inbetween this and Alpha...but then I remembered this is the Alpha from Playstation, which while good for it's time didn't hold up well. Think I'll just skip Alpha and get the Anthology collection (which will look pretty next to my Anniversary collection), and going to get this now.

I have all of the weapon upgrades except for the rocket launcher, All of the armor except the vest, and am stuck on level 11.

A useful tip - when you are hanging from something, claw retracted, you just hang there and can only shoot, drop down, or climb up. However, if you take out the shotgun and shoot it, you will start swinging again. :yay: I know I accidently retracted a lot, and didn't know this trick till way into the game.

This game is amazing!

There better be a sequel (not counting the next gen version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"