• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Bioshock 4

tenor.gif

Infinite is still one of the more beautiful games I have ever played.

Its 2K so it will probably be unbalanced and a mess of microtransactions.

Plus buggy/glitchy af!

2K today announced the founding of Cloud Chamber™, the newest, wholly owned game development studio under the Company’s publishing label. A collective of storytellers eager to push the frontlines of interactive entertainment by making unique, entertaining and thoughtful experiences that engage the world, Cloud Chamber will build its team at two locations: 2K’s San Francisco Bay Area headquarters in Novato, Calif., as well as in Montréal, Québec, which marks the first-ever Canadian office for a 2K studio. In addition, 2K announced that Cloud Chamber has started to work on the next iteration of the globally acclaimed BioShock® franchise, which will be in development for the next several years.

That’s cool. I know everyone wants to see something fresh but my goodness I would just love to explore more of rapture and the undersea goodness. To me the first game is perfect

I am deeply concerned about this game. I liked Bioshock 2 a lot, so I don't think the series is doomed without Ken Levine, but it is definitely fighting an uphill battle under 2K. I don't see them giving a crap about retaining the thoughtful and thorough world-building and themes. Hearing open world is not tremendously inspiring either.

I don't know if I want to see Rapture again. It's probably my favourite location in gaming, but I think Infinite was ultimately correct to build a new place to experience for the first time. There's not much story left to explore or many secrets left to uncover. All that said, I think we are going back to Rapture. It's the easiest sell.

Been in development for a while and the pandemic probably slowed things down like it has for everything.

Last edited:
Good. Hopefully they get back on track.

Despite my initial pessimism, Bioshock is one of my favourite game series so I'm definitely hoping for something great. Recent scoops have been reassuring too. Sounds like the new game will feature a new location, and apparently Cloud Chamber have been given space to develop a whole new eperience. To their credit, 2K have resisted the urge to milk this IP and churn out a bunch of quick cash-grabs. I'm curious to see what has been cooked up. Rapture is probably impossible to top but there's still room for new and creative worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"