Bioshock: The Collection (PS4/Xbox One)

Marvolo

Avenger
Reaction score
jb0bar.jpg

Three BioShock games. All of the single-player DLC. Remastered for modern machines. One value packed bundle.

It’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K took you on a terrifying journey to the depths of the underwater city of Rapture with BioShock. Five years since you returned to Rapture in BioShock 2. Three years since you grabbed a skyhook and sailed across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite. And on September 13, 2016 (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally), you can relive these award-winning adventures or experience them for the very first time remastered for current-gen consoles and digital PC with BioShock: The Collection.

Countless fans have asked for this since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived – and we listened! Working with Blind Squirrel Games, we’ve remastered BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC making them look better than ever*. BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC** and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine – over $100 of content – for only $59.99. It’s a circus of values!

If you’ve never experienced the series before, now is the time to play it and see for yourself why the award-winning BioShock franchise has topped countless “Best-Of” lists and garnered more than 125 awards including two BAFTA honors, as well as many Best of E3, Best of Gamescom, and Game of the Year accolades from respected outlets such as IGN, GameSpot, Game Informer, and many more. The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models that shocked you years ago have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever. On top of that, all single-player DLC created for all three games comes loaded in one package.

https://blog.2k.com/news/bioshock-the-collection-announcement

Announcement Trailer
[YT]-UaeVy-tutU[/YT]

*Stupid spell check messed up the thread title.:argh:

Could this be a hint they are working on another BioShock?

I have all three games and I haven't got to play any of them. Now there's a remaster! :argh:

I mainly bought the first two because they were on sale with the Bioshock 3.

Fixed the title since it seemed you zenith'd it there.

Anyway, I may pick this up just to have. I never played Infinite, but I played through the first two games several times. Though, I tell you, I can't remember a damn thing about BS2's story.

Could this be a hint they are working on another BioShock?

One would assume it's a sure thing there will be another Bioshock.

Took them love enough. :woot:

Not exactly all that excited for another Bishock without Levine, but yeah they are probably making one.

Fixed the title since it seemed you zenith'd it there.

Anyway, I may pick this up just to have. I never played Infinite, but I played through the first two games several times. Though, I tell you, I can't remember a damn thing about BS2's story.

One would assume it's a sure thing there will be another Bioshock.

Thanks for fixing the title. My thread making skills are a bit rusty.:funny:

I liked the first one and loved Infinite. 2 was meh.

I'd be willing to try a new one.

I just started Infinite. Got the platinum for the first game, skipped the second. I'm sure they will look great, Infinite still does, but I do not feel inclined to buy more re-releases. Infinite with BioShock on the disc for my PS3 will suit me just fine.

I'll probably pick it up on Black Friday. Always looking for an excuse to replay Bioshock 1.

1080p / 60fps confirmed:

BioShock: The Collection will include BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite remastered in 1080p and running at 60fps on all platforms.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/3...y-confirmed-release-date-and-trailer-revealed

Bioshock Infinite is not being remastered for PC:

...everything except BioShock Infinite has been remastered, 2K stating "it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings."

http://www.pcgamer.com/remastered-bioshock-collection-actually-announced/

...players who already own BioShock, BioShock 2 or Minerva's Den will be able to upgrade to the respective remastered editions free of charge.

http://www.pcgamer.com/remastered-bioshock-collection-actually-announced/

Box Art:

35816xt.png

315ldh5.png

I don't know that I can think of a more overrated series than Bioshock.

I've always wanted to play this series so, this collection is great news :up:

Makes me want to replay Infinite... Love that world.

I can :o

I just started Infinite. Got the platinum for the first game, skipped the second. I'm sure they will look great, Infinite still does, but I do not feel inclined to buy more re-releases. Infinite with BioShock on the disc for my PS3 will suit me just fine.

I'm glad you posted this, because it made me look through storage and realize that I actually still have my original copies of Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Now this makes me wonder if this collection is worth getting just to 1) have them all in one collection and 2) to play Bioshock Infinite.

Yeah, they just made two of the best games of all time. Those overrated bastards. :argh:

I can :o

I'm glad you posted this, because it made me look through storage and realize that I actually still have my original copies of Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Now this makes me wonder if this collection is worth getting just to 1) have them all in one collection and 2) to play Bioshock Infinite.
You have never played Infinite Tron? I'd suggest it just for that then. The best game in the series, by quite a bit imo.

Really? I thought the general thought about Infinite was that it was a good game, but a disappointment compared to the previous ones.

Really? I thought the general thought about Infinite was that it was a good game, but a disappointment compared to the previous ones.
I have never heard that. Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation named it his game of the year. I have heard the first game get named over it do to Rapture (I prefer Columbia), but other then that Infinite is simply a better game. The gameplay itself is much better, and I find the story of Elizabeth and Booker to be one of the finest in gaming. The biggest problem with Infinite was hype imo.

I can't think of anyone that would put Bioshock 2 over either of the other two. It is like the redheaded stepchild of the series. :funny:

Last edited:
Infinite's story and implications and revelation makes Bioshock 1 seem like small fries. I love the Booker/Elizabeth story.

Infinite's story and implications and revelation makes Bioshock 1 seem like small fries. I love the Booker/Elizabeth story.
Yep. The only real narrative/story problem is I feel they clearly weren't able to do everything they wanted with Songbird.

I love Infinite. The gameplay is meh at best and the fights can get boring and repetitive. The story and the way the game mechanics use the story is frigging amazing.

There is potential for an 'infinite' (hardy har har) number of crossovers between every game out there as seen here. :o

bioshockinfi.jpg

Only PC gamers get to upgrade for free.:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"