Bioshock Infinite

I want more Bioshock if it's the same level of quality that we got in Bioshock and Infinite. Quality games set in an amazing universe isn't my definition of ****ing out of a franchise.

I'm replaying the original Bioshock right now. Good times, good times in such a dreary setting.

I kind of had the feeling Infinite would have a tough road to earning back its budget and then some. Doesn't change that they're some of the best big budget (and single player) game experiences around.

If they can keep up the quality then I have no issues with them continuing the series but if they start trying to go for a CoD run n gun with little story then I'm out.

If they can keep up the quality then I have no issues with them continuing the series but if they start trying to go for a CoD run n gun with little story then I'm out.

that'll be hard people of ken Levine are hard to find/pick up and their expensive as well.(the man is writing logan's run the remake as both pod cast's have stated as well) again we'll see.

I know but still it'd be great to have someone continue it properly.

Irrational Games Career Day attended by 57 studios

(1 day ago)

New details about the downsizing of Irrational Games, as reported by Game Informer, reveal that 70 Irrational employees and five contract workers were let go during the studio's recent round of layoffs. The report states that Irrational's self-hosted recruitment day to find work for its excess talent was attended by 57 studios.

A tweet from Irrational co-founder Ken Levine listed Gearbox, Turtle Rock Studios, BioWare and Retro Studios among the recruitment day's patrons. Sony Santa Monica's Aaron Kaufman responded to Levine's tweet to note that the God of War series developer would also be in attendance, a studio which recently suffered its own layoffs and canceled a new IP.

Levine's initial announcement revealed that Irrational would be cut to a team of 15. The associated layoffs spawned an initiative on social media to find new work for Irrational's employees, an effort that preceded Irrational's recruiting day. As for the Bioshock series itself, Levine's announcement regarding the layoffs added that series publisher 2K Games will be "handling the reins" of the universe while Levine focuses on replayable, narrative-driven experiences.

[Image: 2K Games]

hope the laid off devs will find work elsewhere at other studios ( or else start their own ).

and glad that the Bioshock games/universe will live on.

can't wait to see a next-gen Bioshock game.

New BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Video Highlights Departing Irrational Team Members

preview
Mar 11, 2014 at 08:28 AM
pc-icon.png

Meet some of the talent behind BioShock Infinite's Burial at Sea DLC.
... more

source:GI

Anyone else playing this so far?

A huge step up in terms of gameplay from Burial at Sea I and the story's been pretty compelling so far.

[blackout] The scene were Atlas is threatening to give Elizabeth a lobotomy was downright terrifying.[/blackout]

Visually I maintain Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. I Never played the first one so didn't know what to expect but it was awesome. Im thinking of buying the Burial at Sea expansion pack would anyone recommend it?

I just finished it. I think you'd really need to play Bioshock 1 to get much out of when and where Burial at Sea ends up.

In regards to the DLC now that I've finished it.

Elizabeth :(

Ken Levine Wanted To Make A Final Fantasy Tactics Style Bioshock Game For Vita. July 7, 2014 . 7:01pm

Ken Levine on the Bioshock game for Vita that never happened.

At E3 2011, Sony brought Bioshock creator Ken Levine out on stage to promote their PlayStation products, namely the PlayStation Move and the PlayStation Vita. At the time, Levine confirmed that Bioshock Infinite would support the Move peripheral, and also teased that he was working on a Bioshock game for the Vita.

As the months went by, Levine, Take-Two and Sony would constantly be questioned about this game, given that no trace of it had emerged since the original tease. In multiple interviews, Levine emphasized that, given the Vita’s state, the decision was in the hands of Sony and Take-Two, and not his.

Levine’s last statement on the matter was in August 2013, when he told Kotaku that he was “trying to make a match between the parties”. Judging by his quote, Sony and Take-Two had been unable to reach a business agreement.

Earlier today, Levine touched upon the Vita game once again, confirming this.

He tweeted: “on the Vita game: 2k and sony couldn’t put a deal together when I last checked. They seemed way more optimistic about this back in 2011.”

In follow-up tweets, Levine hinted at the kind of project it might have been. He stated: “something that would work well on the vita and not be a compromise in any way. also, as some know, i’m a turn based ****e.” Then, in reply to a fan, he revealed: “I was thinking a Final Fantasy Tactics style thing set in pre-fall Rapture.”

While Bioshock never ended up making its way to the PlayStation Vita in any form, Sony did manage to bring a port of Borderlands 2—also originally published by 2K Games, a subsidiary of Take Two—to the platform. The Vita port of Borderlands 2 was funded and published by Sony, and was developed by Iron Galaxy.

Meanwhile, Levine has since announced that Bioshock studio Irrational Games in its previous form no longer exists. Levine has laid off the majority of the studio’s staff and is currently focused on “a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavour at Take-Two”. The reins of Bioshock itself, Levine said, have been handed over entirely to Take-Two.

source:Siliconera

2K is teasing something BioShock related(11 hours ago)

(11 hours ago) 37

2K Games' UK branch has posted a teaser image recalling earlier entries in the BioShock series, sparking a new wave of fan theories and speculation.

"Come bite the Apple!" reads a faux advertisement from Eve's Garden, an exotic dancing club featured in the original BioShock and BioShock 2's multiplayer component. The Biblical allusion accompanies BioShock's narrative focus on "ADAM," a liquid substance that allows players to equip new Plasmid superpowers.

Developer Irrational Games wrapped up its DLC plans for BioShock Infinite with the release of Burial at Sea Episode Two earlier this year, and series co-creator Ken Levine recently reflected on the now-lost possibility of a turn-based BioShock game for the PS Vita. 2K itself, however, has not elaborated on the posted image's meaning. What do you think they're teasing?

[Image: 2K]​

Source: 2KInternational

a next-gen Bioshock game would be............

I'm interested but without Levine I'm wary.

Bioshock Coming To iOS Devices This Summer. August 4, 2014 . 6:33am

The original Bioshock is being ported to iOS devices, 2K Games announced today.

The original Bioshock is being ported to iOS devices, 2K Games announced today. The game is being ported by 2K China and and will use Havok’s cross-platform toolset to attempt parity with the console versions of the title.

Bioshock will be released this Summer, and will be a “premium title” for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. It will be compatible with Pad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5, and will not run on earlier devices.

A price for Bioshock has not yet been announced.

Read more stories about Bioshock & iPad & iPhone on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

Meh, I bought the season pass. :p

One of these days I'll buy the complete edition of something. Probably when I get a PS3. :D

was expecting this, but really hope they release a remastered edition for the X1/PS4.

I only played through this game once. And had a near-perfect experience. I literally never touched it again, because I didn't want to sully my first play through. Still own the game though. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"