BioWare doctors discuss Mass Effect MMO

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
BioWare doctors discuss Mass Effect MMO

(9 hours ago)
Sci-fi, MMO industry, New titles, News items

The fast-approaching Mass Effect 3 hype bomb doesn't have much to do with MMOs, except maybe it does. Gamespot cornered BioWare doctors Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka and asked the duo point-blank about a Mass Effect MMO, and the answer might surprise you.

"It's daunting, but the neat thing is it would lend itself to a different type of gameplay. It's fun to think about," Zeschuk told the website. Does that mean that the so-called fourth pillar of MMO story won't factor as heavily into the theoretical title as it does in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

It's anyone guess at this point, but Muzyka offers a further fanboy nugget that hints at the possibility of a new direction for BioWare MMOs. "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space," he explains. "You need to let them do everything they think they should do, and you can't block them from doing anything they think they should be able to do. You have to nail all the features and content that should be in that possibility space."

Well that just really threw me off. wow.

The Soapbox: The inevitable Mass Effect MMO

(4 hours ago)
Sci-fi, Game mechanics, MMO industry, Opinion, The Soapbox, Sandbox

Disclaimer: The Soapbox column is entirely the opinion of this week's writer and does not necessarily reflect the views of Massively as a whole. If you're afraid of opinions other than your own, you might want to skip this column.

I don't know about you, but I've yet to play Mass Effect 3. This is not by choice, mind you, and now that I've returned from the wilds of last week's GDC, it's time to settle in for another 30-hour tour with Shepard and company.

What does this have to do with MMOs? Well, nothing really, except that BioWare hasn't exactly closed the door on a Mass Effect title. On the contrary, the company's dynamic doctor duo have hinted at the fact that this, ahem, theoretical game would need to be somewhat different from the firm's maiden MMO voyage.

At this point I think an ME MMO is inevitable, so join me after the cut to discuss whether BioWare can really break the mold with its second effort as well as what that effort could look like. Continue Reading

source: Massively

The Daily Grind: Are you (still) interested in a Mass Effect MMO?

(3 hours ago)
MMO Industry, Opinion, The Daily Grind

I just finished playing through Mass Effect 3 for the second time, though it was my first time through the extended cut ending and all of the DLC.

Speaking of, thanks for reminding me what it's like to enjoy BioWare games via that sugary sweet Citadel story, guys. Much appreciated.

Anyway, we've talked about a possible Mass Effect MMO before, of course. But it's been a while and it's obviously fresh on my mind. So how about it, Massively readers. At this point in time, would you be interested in a Mass Effect MMO? Why or why not?

coffee.jpg
Every morning, the Massively bloggers probe the minds of their readers with deep, thought-provoking questions about that most serious of topics: massively online gaming. We crave your opinions, so grab your caffeinated beverage of choice and chime in on today's Daily Grind!

source: Massively

If they follow through with this I will definitely try it out! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"