Black Panther 2018 VS The Batman 2022.

People like Black Panther that much??? The Batman by a massive landslide.

Honestly, I don't think either of them transcended the comic book genre

For all the praise heaped on it, there's nothing special about the story of Black Panther - and the idea that the most Technologically advanced nation in the world decides its leadership based on Ritual combat is dumb.

I feel like Chadwick Baseman got the short straw I that one. After an amazing performance in Civil War, probably the standout in the film ( and definitely the best character arc) - he felt like a supporting character in his own film, and thr final fight was let down by mediocre cgi.

However, you have to admire his determination and grit, as he would have been very unwell during filming. I have no doubt he would have gone on to much greater things - probably would have become the next Denzel Washington.

Also, Andy Serkis was wildly entertaining- wish they hadn't killed him off.

As for the Batman, on a rewatch the film's flaws start to become more apparent - mostly that Bruce Wayne is a necessary element of the character, Alfred actually needed some screentime, some plot conveniences were a bit ridiculous, and it's too ****ing long - I say that as someone who just watched all 3 LOTR films in a row on a long haul flight- some movies are long and dont feel like it, others aren't long and feel like they never end ) Some people love it, to me it's probably the 4th or 5th best Batman film. ( TDK, 89, BR, BB, TB, LB, TDKR, BF, BvS, B&R )

So, I'll go with Black Panther. Definitely left more of an impact on me than the Batman - and I'm a huge Batman fan.

Wow! That's literally one of the few messages where I agree with everything.

I think that Black Panther would have been far more entertaining if they kept Klaue as the primary villain. I love Jordan but Serkis was a blast.

As for Batman, a three-hour long, dimly lit, humorless comic book movie is definitely not my cup of tea.

People like Black Panther that much??? The Batman by a massive landslide.

You do realize that Black Panther is the 13th top grossing movie of all time, about twenty places ahead of the best Batman has ever done, right? Damn straight people like Black Panther a lot.

I prefer Black Panther personally, and I'm more of a Batman fan than BP fan.
It just spoke to me ,much more than The Batman did.

The Batman is good, but on an emotional level, a story level, and a character level, BP connected with me much more than The Batman did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"